Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Japan Set Development

Post by NekoMaster » 16 Aug 2018 08:36

kamnet wrote:I just play with both. :)
How? The game doesnt let you load stuff with the same GRF ID's unless the really old versions of Japan Stations have a different GRF ID then the current v2 and v3 versions.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake » 16 Aug 2018 09:02

Version 2.0 is the last version with a different ID from the current ones. Everything from 2.0a onwards has the current ID, so you can combine 2.0 and 3.6 to get both styles.
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro » 27 Aug 2018 14:01

I hope it's not something on my side, but if it isn't, the bounding boxed here aren't properly set; or whatever else is causing these glitches:
bboxes.png
bboxes.png (20.75 KiB) Viewed 1641 times

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop » 28 Aug 2018 04:35

Pyoro wrote:I hope it's not something on my side, but if it isn't, the bounding boxed here aren't properly set; or whatever else is causing these glitches:
bboxes.png

It's not just you - I've had this issue with Japan Stations for years now but keep forgetting to report it.

Erato
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Erato » 28 Aug 2018 14:52

Pyoro wrote:I hope it's not something on my side, but if it isn't, the bounding boxed here aren't properly set; or whatever else is causing these glitches:
bboxes.png
If it wasn't for supermop's comment I'd say it's just you. I can't reproduce it on my end. What version of JapanSet Stations do you have?
No pics no clicks. Seriously. Also stop using Modern Maglev Trains. Use RIMS instead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro » 28 Aug 2018 14:58

Erato wrote:
bboxes.png
If it wasn't for supermop's comment I'd say it's just you. I can't reproduce it on my end. What version of JapanSet Stations do you have?
Station says 360; everything's up to date according to Bananas. And I tried doing it in a vanilla game, fresh out of the box, and it happens there, too. However, only for non-electric, narrow gauge tracks, if that's something you haven't tried?

e: the main difference seems to be that for electrified tracks there's some flat bounding box drawn opposite the train station. No clue why that'd change anything, but ... ^^;
These aren't there for non-electrified tracks:
fencesorsomething.png
fencesorsomething.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
Now, I don't see why it'd make a difference so maybe it's just coincidence, but seems like the most obvious difference.

Erato
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Erato » 28 Aug 2018 15:04

Pyoro wrote:
Erato wrote:
bboxes.png
Station says 360; everything's up to date according to Bananas. And I tried doing it in a vanilla game, fresh out of the box, and it happens there, too. However, only for non-electric, narrow gauge tracks, if that's something you haven't tried?

e: the main difference seems to be that for electrified tracks there's some flat bounding box drawn opposite the train station. No clue why that'd change anything, but ... ^^;
Ah yes, now I see. That is really weird. As for the bounding box opposite the train station; that's the catenary. But yeah that shouldn't happen
No pics no clicks. Seriously. Also stop using Modern Maglev Trains. Use RIMS instead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop » 29 Aug 2018 01:37

The issue is that bounding boxes for the roofs are set two small - if you look at pyoro's image you can see that thes boxes are drawn to be only half a tile wide.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster » 21 Sep 2018 20:17

Does anyone know where I can download the old Japan Set Stations v2.0 GRF from? I'd like to use v2.0 and v3.0 together for the extra station buildings that v2.0 had. Version 2.0a does not work with v3.0 since they share GRF ID's
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

sjiveru
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sjiveru » 09 Nov 2018 08:54

I've got a question about the Japan town set's settings. The house removal speed seems inordinately high - when I connect cities, they begin to shrink, and even with growth rates as high as every 37 days. A short bit of testing seems to show that this problem doesn't happen with the default town set (which grow as expected), so it seems like a Japan Set issue. Can anyone tell me what's up?

Return to “Graphics Development”