Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Japan Set Development

Post by Doorslammer »

Franzerfaust wrote:Hello all,
I'm facing the same problem, using NewGFR Japanase Train Set v3.3 but for both version of Shinkansen available (in 1982) for both I've no passenger carts.
I've already removed and reinstalled the game for a scratch start but nothing changed.
Attached you can find the pic.
Can anyone help?
What GRFs and parameters do you use?
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Hello.
I just installed the Japan Set 3 in Openttd on my computer, and I found a serious issue about parameters.
In Set 3, parameters are more easy to understand, and also contained more vehicles.
As I wrote in the topic "NewGRFs Overwriting Each Other", when I used Set 2, I always install OpenGFX+ train set at the same time. In Set 2, there is a parameter to change the graphic of rail tracks. I selected 3, mean don't change rail graphics at all, and it worked just fine.
But when I updated to Set 3, I realized there is NO parameters to change track graphics, only a parameter to disable additional rail graphic.
When I turn it on, there is just Shinkansen train appeared, and when I turn it off, there is a rail type narrow gauge appeared, and Zairaisen normal trains doesn't appeared in normal rail depot.
The rail graphics parameters in Set 2 was very useful, especially for players using multiple NewGRFs like me.
I hope the next release will contain again the rail graphics parameter, or I should continue using Set 2 even the newer version is released.

8/10
So, by the way where can I find the source code for Set 3?
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

First of all, I love the Japan Stations! I use them to create UK-themed stations all the time.

I have a small request. I like to add waypoints in front of some stations so trains can be assigned platforms:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 11781 times
Would you be able to make a waypoint with the design of the platform end-piece (slope down to railroad crossing piece) so I could save some space?!

Thanks.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Nice idea, I hope there is progress made on this soon.
wicket-303
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wicket-303 »

Do you plan to make Series 211?

Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

I think I've seen someone on the OpenTTD Discord doing that very train. Whether it was for this set or for something in addition, I don't know.
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Doorslammer wrote:I think I've seen someone on the OpenTTD Discord doing that very train. Whether it was for this set or for something in addition, I don't know.
I am that very person! It'll be for a separate set in addition to this one, the 211 was the first to be coded even.

Still got the サロ211 (single-level green car) and the pantograph モハ211 (6 & 10 car formations seem to have had them) to add. The 211 series never ceases to make me rethink how consist building should be... :roll:
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Tintinfan wrote:
Doorslammer wrote:I think I've seen someone on the OpenTTD Discord doing that very train. Whether it was for this set or for something in addition, I don't know.
I am that very person! It'll be for a separate set in addition to this one, the 211 was the first to be coded even.

Still got the サロ211 (single-level green car) and the pantograph モハ211 (6 & 10 car formations seem to have had them) to add. The 211 series never ceases to make me rethink how consist building should be... :roll:
Good lord, that is rather maddening. :P Mind you... KiHa 283s are fun too. ;)
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Doorslammer wrote:Good lord, that is rather maddening. :P Mind you... KiHa 283s are fun too. ;)
Maddening! Indeed it is, though thanks to the 211 series a KiHa 283 would be a breeze to make all the weird consist combinations with though. Just not as easy to draw, though the value of such a base for modification to KiHa 261 and and 789 series types (can't do a 789 without the 785 too) would be very high indeed.

Since there are so many consists combinations, making the player the consist builder seems to be a good solution at the moment. With these, you can add as many cab cars as you want in the middle of a KiHa 283 consist - within reason. That should make up for me failing to buy the Kato KiHa 283 4-car addon set, pains me every day! With the 211 series I've put in so many restrictions you'd probably need a manual to do anything. :? Anyway, it's too early to say or reveal much. Since I've had your Seibu locomotive in for a while, if you'd like to try it out in-game just drop me a message anytime.
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Tintinfan wrote:
Doorslammer wrote:Good lord, that is rather maddening. :P Mind you... KiHa 283s are fun too. ;)
Maddening! Indeed it is, though thanks to the 211 series a KiHa 283 would be a breeze to make all the weird consist combinations with though. Just not as easy to draw, though the value of such a base for modification to KiHa 261 and and 789 series types (can't do a 789 without the 785 too) would be very high indeed.

Since there are so many consists combinations, making the player the consist builder seems to be a good solution at the moment. With these, you can add as many cab cars as you want in the middle of a KiHa 283 consist - within reason. That should make up for me failing to buy the Kato KiHa 283 4-car addon set, pains me every day! With the 211 series I've put in so many restrictions you'd probably need a manual to do anything. :? Anyway, it's too early to say or reveal much. Since I've had your Seibu locomotive in for a while, if you'd like to try it out in-game just drop me a message anytime.
Would definitely be most honoured to. :)
wicket-303
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wicket-303 »

Doorslammer wrote:
Tintinfan wrote:

Good lord, that is rather maddening. :P Mind you... KiHa 283s are fun too. ;)
Oh! Thank you very much! This is very wonderful make! :bow:
Is this not released yet? ?(
Because practical use is different fromTohoku Line and Tokaido Line, it's difficult.
SuedKAT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SuedKAT »

The majority of the Japan set have always been a must have for me when ever I start a new map, however now I've run into an "issue", I'm planing to play a "world map" and use trains and stations that are somewhat correct for the area of the map they are in. However since Jap Trains only use narrow gauge tracks it means that all the other train sets I have loaded all can utilize the same track but for this set I need to build special tracks which wouldn't be much of an issue if I wasn't limited to only being able to use the trains and wagons from the Jap Train set on these tracks and I can't use Jap trains and wagons other sets add (for example NATS). Is there any way I can get the Jap Trains to run on the same tracks as every other train set out there?
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

SuedKAT wrote:The majority of the Japan set have always been a must have for me when ever I start a new map, however now I've run into an "issue", I'm planing to play a "world map" and use trains and stations that are somewhat correct for the area of the map they are in. However since Jap Trains only use narrow gauge tracks it means that all the other train sets I have loaded all can utilize the same track but for this set I need to build special tracks which wouldn't be much of an issue if I wasn't limited to only being able to use the trains and wagons from the Jap Train set on these tracks and I can't use Jap trains and wagons other sets add (for example NATS). Is there any way I can get the Jap Trains to run on the same tracks as every other train set out there?
Pikkabird's Finescale Tracks (Named 'UK Railway Set Tracks' on Bananas) has a parameter option called 'Multi-Gauge Compatibility. If this is on, Narrow Gauge Trains can use the same tracks as Normal Gauge Trains.
SuedKAT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SuedKAT »

Darthrafael wrote:
SuedKAT wrote:The majority of the Japan set have always been a must have for me when ever I start a new map, however now I've run into an "issue", I'm planing to play a "world map" and use trains and stations that are somewhat correct for the area of the map they are in. However since Jap Trains only use narrow gauge tracks it means that all the other train sets I have loaded all can utilize the same track but for this set I need to build special tracks which wouldn't be much of an issue if I wasn't limited to only being able to use the trains and wagons from the Jap Train set on these tracks and I can't use Jap trains and wagons other sets add (for example NATS). Is there any way I can get the Jap Trains to run on the same tracks as every other train set out there?
Pikkabird's Finescale Tracks (Named 'UK Railway Set Tracks' on Bananas) has a parameter option called 'Multi-Gauge Compatibility. If this is on, Narrow Gauge Trains can use the same tracks as Normal Gauge Trains.
Just tried them and yes it works very well, huge thanks! Time to "build the world" :)
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Ultimately I would love to see it revisited for a bit of work. It's an excellent set but has it's odd little quirks. :P
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Is there a way to make the Japan Set Tracks if a Multi-Gauge Compatibility and make possible to run the Narrow gauge trains in Normal Gauge tracks? In my games, i use the Japan Set Tracks, but if parameters to International Mode.
The_Terminator
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Terminator »

Hello there, I've discovered a small bug with the Japanese Stations set, using the latest version. For some reason, if you have "Update graphics automatically" set to off, the modular stations stop working properly:

This only affects the modern graphics - the ones introduced around 1980-ish with the yellow line on the platform. The older ones work fine. The problem can be fixed simply by enabling the "Update graphics automatically" parameter, so it isn't a huge issue, but I thought I'd better report it. :)

I've been enjoying the various Japan set GRFs on and off for probably the better part of a decade and never noticed this issue before, so was probably introduced in one of the newer versions.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Been painting again. The "gold" lined Hokutosei coaches first. Also made the generator coach, which I shall be putting into Twilight colours as well.
Attachments
Hokutosei Coaches.png
Hokutosei Coaches.png (8.34 KiB) Viewed 10084 times
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I recently got my hands on an old version of the Japanese Station Set (version 2.0a, from the website). This version had many more platforms and station buildings, but also had much more interesting looking modular station buildings. Why don't we have stations like these (top) anymore, but are stuck with stations like this (bottom)? The old modular stations in particular have a way more modern-Tokyo like vibe, which I prefer tbh.
I really hope to see these stations in newer versions of the Japan Set stations, would it at least be possible to get the source code with sprites. I've been thinking about making a Japanese Stations addon when I'm done with my current project, and would love to include these in that set.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”