Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sab3rr
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Japan Set Development

Post by Sab3rr »

Japanese buildings definitely do not accept food. Tried in Sub-Arctic. The industry chain is broken. From what I gathered it was intended to work?
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

You can try to use OpenGFX+ industries as a workaround. With this NewGRF, japanese houses accept Food.
Sab3rr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sab3rr »

arikover wrote: 17 May 2021 17:13 You can try to use OpenGFX+ industries as a workaround. With this NewGRF, japanese houses accept Food.
You legend! Thank you so much that worked like a charm, and even retroactively! Would never have figured that out.

I'm really stoked to play this Japan set in arctic with vanilla industry now. It's so pretty.
J8ckmo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by J8ckmo »

Why there is no set about industries like FIRS?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Because no one has thought of making a Japanese version yet?
You can use XIS and imagine that instead of soy there is rice :)
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Argus wrote: 19 May 2021 09:15 Because no one has thought of making a Japanese version yet?
You can use XIS and imagine that instead of soy there is rice :)
Japan is, of course, famous for not having even a single soy field.

*runs away extemely fast*
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

XIS is the closest thing we have to a Japanese Industry Set currently, as it was designed partly with Japanese games in mind. Though I imagine rice would fall under Grain :wink:

If anyone has ideas for a Japan-specific XIS economy, feel free to post them in the XIS thread.
hh881010tw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hh881010tw »

I have a question.
the house in the city can receive food in the normal version, but Japan Set(only Japanese Buildings) can't.
it is something wrong?
especially it is not good for players to play polar climate map.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

It pays to read previous posts. Yes, it's a mistake. Use Opengfx + industry or another industrial set.
hrhold
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Japan Set Development's capacity

Post by hrhold »

Could you adjust the transport volume to be similar to the Korean train set and jp+ set? I think the current Japan Set Development's passenger capacity is unrealistic, not reflecting the rush hour. Because of this, I like the design, but it is difficult to introduce due to poor transportation capacity. I propose that you reflect this proposal in the next update.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Japan Set Development's capacity

Post by Erato »

hrhold wrote: 17 Aug 2021 15:29 Could you adjust the transport volume to be similar to the Korean train set and jp+ set? I think the current Japan Set Development's passenger capacity is unrealistic, not reflecting the rush hour. Because of this, I like the design, but it is difficult to introduce due to poor transportation capacity. I propose that you reflect this proposal in the next update.
Sadly, your pleas will fall on deaf ears. Japanset hasn't been maintained since January 2016.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Toni Babelony wrote: 26 Oct 2011 10:51 I just wanted to say that we're working hard on a new release of the JapanSet. Dandan is putting down the heat on the coding progress (and some graphics) and I'm working on renovating the graphics.

Next to that, I'm secretly working on a Toei Interlocking Add-on Set (TIAS) (Tokyo 1,435mm gauge trains: Keisei RR, Keikyu RR, Hokuso Kaihatsu RR, Hokuso Kodan RR, Chiba Newtown RR, Chiba Express RR, Toei Asakusa Line, Shibayama RR and Shin-Keisei RR). It's easy for modern types to correctly match the years, find data and stuff, but for material built before the 1960's it's a bit of a drag. I'm getting along however. This set should already have some rolling stock in 1923 and some nice variations until now (commuter and express trains). There'll however be no freight trains in this set (as is common on standard-gauge networks in Japan). I'll probably throw in a few work trains as well for your graphical enjoyment.

In the far future you may also expect an update on the standard JapanSet with an AC traction section for the alpine climate. This set will focus on northern Tohoku AC 20kV, 50Hz rolling stock (electrics/EMU) and replace some diesels/DMU that don't fit in that area. It should be harder to play with as it won't contain any commuter trains and fewer Shinkansen. Hokkaido rolling stock will probably only be those who pass through the Seikan tunnel and run on JR East territory exclusively. JR West stock is also featured, as long as it also runs (near) JR East territory and is AC 20kV, 50Hz, not AC 20kV, 60Hz, which is Kyushu territory.

Locomotives (ED91, ED44/45, ED70, ED71, EF80, ED75 (still needs a few livery variations), ED78, EF71, EF81 and ED79) have already been drawn, so no need to worry about that any more. I think this set will be even more interesting after this is finished. This set will feature some standard rolling stock on 1,435mm gauge tracks as well, so you can build a mini-shinkansen.
Does anyone have these graphics or are they lost to time? Some of them have already made their way into JP+ engines but it would have been nice to not redraw them all :)
MicahMouse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MicahMouse »

Not to sound ungrateful or anything (I really love this set) but are there any plans to add Japanese Monorails (Like the Tokyo Monorail) to the base set or add-on set?
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

MicahMouse wrote: 04 Feb 2022 01:40 Not to sound ungrateful or anything (I really love this set) but are there any plans to add Japanese Monorails (Like the Tokyo Monorail) to the base set or add-on set?
Japan Set hasn't been in development for quite some time, and can safely be considered dead. New developers have been working on superseding this NewGRF with JP+ and JP+ Engines & Wagons.
As an insider I can already tell you there are no plans for monorails.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ruhdman_Meow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruhdman_Meow »

I lost many files two months ago, including the TIAS, but with the arctic compatibility

Does it still exist? I'm lacking that one
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

You can find it here ,viewtopic.php?t=75194
trainsman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by trainsman »

Good day. Feels bad to bump this thread if this a triviality. I couldn't really find any real hits on the googles before making an account.

In my game I have included Japan Trains 3.3 and Japan Tracks 3.2, which I believe are the latest versions. Everything is from Bananas.

My problem is that in my game it's 1918 and there are engines that go 95 km/h and cars that can do 100 km/h. But I can only build Narrow gauge 80km/h track which is a limiting factor.

The very fine manual does not mention about any introductory year for Narrow gauge 130 km/h track. I hoped it would be available once a fast enough engine was introduced. Hopefully not a bug?

ADD:
Feels bad to bump this thread if this a triviality
Holy **** I can't believe my luck. :D The year turned to 1920 and there my 130kmh rails are. This is the very first time I'm playing with this beautiful set and I started it from the mid-1800s and with extra day length factor to slow things down nice and steady. I lost my hope literally moments before my prayers were answered.

Let me thank the team for this gorgeous set which grants me eye candy as well as some new challenge.
Last edited by trainsman on 10 Apr 2023 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

The Japan Set needs new variants despite had no updates for NewGRF set(s) to be :

Θ Japan Road Set => Completely different from Landscape, but this road set inspired by U&Ratt.
Θ Japan Road Furniture Set => It comes with road signs, expressway (toll roads) and utilities as a 'road furniture'.
Θ Japan Road Vehicle Set => Set of Japanese cars, trucks, buses and other transports.
Θ Japan Industry Set
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

SkiddLow wrote: 28 Apr 2023 05:01 The Japan Set needs new variants despite had no updates for NewGRF set(s) to be :

Θ Japan Road Set => Completely different from Landscape, but this road set inspired by U&Ratt.
JP+ Roads is in the early stages of development :wink:

The other sets may also come eventually, but don't expect anything soon.

Return to “Graphics Development”