Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Japan Set Development

Post by Transportman »

arikover wrote:
dandan wrote:(regarding track bug) ...but I am inclined to blame it on the train sets. I'll try to look into it a bit further.
And you were right: ther's been an update in 2ccTrainSet (RC1) where this 'bug' doesn't happen. My bad. :oops:
I accidentally had set several Electric trains to RAIL instead of ELRL, causing the bug of electric trains running on normal rails. That was fixed in RC1. Should there still be issues between tracks and the 2cc-set, please report them in the 2cc thread (link in my signature) or the bug tracker.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Mizari wrote:
IrmoTrainfan wrote: And a question: wasn't the total bridge renewal set reworked for the Japan set for version 3.0? I can't find it so it may not after all though.
It was, but only the 1.12 version, not the latest 1.2 ver.
Ah ok thanks. The 1.12 version doesn't work with Japan set 3.0 so I'll just use the 'standard' TTRS in that case.
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

just a small bugreport for thr trackset:

the pricesystem for the european/german settings seem to be wrong. the low-speed tracks (up to 80kmh) cost much more then the 160kmh speed tracks. i dont thinks thats intended.

never the less: great work!
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Who has the years they will appear different types of railroad tracks in international mode?

thanks1
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

sunshare wrote:Who has the years they will appear different types of railroad tracks in international mode?
If you're looking for introduction dates of trains in Japan set trains, you can see them its home page under the Technical Data section.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

I am asking for the set of track and no train
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

What are the railtypes that the Japan set uses?

Also...
dangan.png
dangan.png (67.99 KiB) Viewed 753 times
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Mizari wrote:What are the railtypes that the Japan set uses?

Also...
dangan.png
I don't se a problem...
Jetrain
YATTC
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

trainman1432 wrote: I don't se a problem...
Looks like maybe the wrong palette is loaded, try pressing toggle palette in the newgrf window when setting them up.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not, but the Japanese Building Set 3 doesn't work properly in Arctic and Tropical, it doesn't replace all the buildings and you still get many of the default ones alongside the Japanese ones. In temperate it replaces all buildings. Which is a shame because I have to keep using version 2 if I want pure Japanese buildings in arctic and that version doesn't have snowy versions of every building.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Emperor Jake wrote:
trainman1432 wrote: I don't se a problem...
Looks like maybe the wrong palette is loaded, try pressing toggle palette in the newgrf window when setting them up.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not, but the Japanese Building Set 3 doesn't work properly in Arctic and Tropical, it doesn't replace all the buildings and you still get many of the default ones alongside the Japanese ones. In temperate it replaces all buildings. Which is a shame because I have to keep using version 2 if I want pure Japanese buildings in arctic and that version doesn't have snowy versions of every building.
I don't believe any of the Japan Set stuff is ment to work in Arctic or Tropical, or at least definatly not tropical.

It would be nice though to have a landscape and building set that has different styles for each climate, eg. For temperate you'd have stuff styled after Tokyo, Kyoto, Kobe, etc. where as you might have Sendai, Sappuro, etc for Sub-Arctic, and as for Sub-Tropical climate, perhaps stuff like Okinawa and other southerly parts of Japan. If anything though I'm not too familier with the north or south of Japan, just the central part of Japan where Tokyo and Kyoto are.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I'm pretty sure it should work in at least Arctic, seeing as the buildings all have snowy versions and the landscape has snow-grass transition tiles.

Another thing, the newer version of the Landscape set breaks the CHIPS station set by changing the concrete ground tile, causing the CHIPS auxiliary buildings to look strange. It would be nice if that were a parameter.
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

trainman1432 wrote:
Mizari wrote:What are the railtypes that the Japan set uses?

Also...
dangan.png
I don't se a problem...
It's not a problem. It's just a set of fictional vehicles for the never completed 1939-1940 standard gauge new trunk line project (the bullet train, dangan ressha). I wanted to know what railtype ought be used to make run on the set's shinkansen tracks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

stevenh wrote:
Mizari wrote:How is the add-on coming along? Does this also include the former Odakyu things that used to be in the old Japan set?
Mizari, Ohayou Gozaimasu.

I've just enabled nightlies for the addon set. I'm not game enough to just release it to bananas.
I hope that the GRF will appear soon... otherwise check out the attached here.
I just saw somebody on Reddit ask for this file. Any chance of uploading it to Bananas now?
sim-al2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sim-al2 »

And to add one thing, the lack of TE on added MU vehicles makes the set very hard to use with realistic acceleration (basically locomotives are the only option for trains of more than a few cars)
Valdez wrote: second the need to fix the tractive effort...

Right now, only the head unit (the "engine", as OTTD sees it) has its TE specified, any powered cars add power only when (from the standpoint of usual traction mechanics) they should add both power and TE.

A workaround exists (simple multiple working of the unit in question), but that isn't an option for some units - most Shinkansen ones, for example (most, if not all of them, should have all their cars powered) - as a result, their acceleration is far more sluggish than it ought to be.
I really like this set, but original acceleration is very hard to play having always used the realistic model, and locomotive-hauled trains are more restricted in this set than others (as in real life).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

As a temporary workaround may I suggest using the "Invisible Power Booster" found in my Invisible Leading Engine set on Bananas? Also I think coupling more MU head-units together works too, but ruins the appearance of some MUs.
sim-al2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sim-al2 »

Emperor Jake wrote:As a temporary workaround may I suggest using the "Invisible Power Booster" found in my Invisible Leading Engine set on Bananas? Also I think coupling more MU head-units together works too, but ruins the appearance of some MUs.

I experimented some with this. Unfortunately, the invisible engines only appear in standard gauge (shinkansen) depots and completely ruin the train's appearance, as the lead car disappears. Most of the MUs in this set will not allow anything besides MU coaches to be attached. I have found a few that allow another MU head of the same type to be attached, and the appearance is unaffected, so a partial workaround is possible, but the majority of MU trains are still affected. One problem that appears is that running costs increase more adding MU heads vs adding regular MU coaches.

I also noticed that some MU trains have less power than their real world equivalents (sorry if these have been noticed already or have been set this way for other reasons):

Note that many EMUs have both motor cars and trailer cars in their formation, so I have listed the common ratios that I have found, since the newGRF adds power for every car
  • KiHa 58
    Ingame: 149 kW
    Prototype: 2 x 134 kW (2 diesel engines per car) [KiHa/KiRo 58 have 2 engines, while the near identical KiHa/KiRo 28 sometimes included in the formations have 1]
  • KiHa 200
    Ingame: 336 kW
    Prototype: 336 kW (per car) [The ingame unit is actually two cars connected together, so the power should be doubled]
  • KiHa 185
    Ingame: 186 kW
    Prototype: 2 x 186 kW (2 diesel engines per car)
  • KiHa 85
    Ingame: 261 kW
    Prototype: 2 x 261 kW (2 diesel engines per car)
  • 72 series
    Ingame: 134 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 142 kW traction motors per motor car [4M3T?]
  • 101 series
    Ingame: 149 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 100 kW per motor car [3M2T/4M3T]
  • 103 series
    Prototype: 4 x 110 kW per motor car [4M4T/8M2T]
  • 201 series
    Ingame: 224 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 150 kW per motor car [6M4T/4M4T]
  • 205 series
    Ingame: 261 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 120 kW per motor car [6M4T/4M2T]
  • 209 series
    Ingame: 254 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 95 kW per motor car [4M6T/4M4T]
  • E231 series
    Ingame: 194 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 95 kW per motor car [2M3T/4M6T]
  • E233 series
    Ingame: 276 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 140 kW per motor car [6M4T/2M2T]
  • 115 series
    Ingame: 130 kW
    Prototype: 4 x 120 kW traction motors per motor car [1M1T/2M1T]
  • 415 series
    Prototype: 4 x 120 kW per car [1M1T]
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Just wanted to know, where in this thread is the addon train set newgrf? Thanks :)
Jetrain
YATTC
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

trainman1432 wrote:Just wanted to know, where in this thread is the addon train set newgrf? Thanks :)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4#p1128274
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

The new nightly station grf contains this little graphical glitch:
Boyeworld Government Railways, 8th Aug 1945#1.png
Boyeworld Government Railways, 8th Aug 1945#1.png (102.28 KiB) Viewed 752 times
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

Wow, I had no idea people are following this so closely.

Thank you for reporting. It has been fixed in the meantime.

Return to “Graphics Development”