OpenGFX+ Landscape

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenGFX+ Landscape

Post by planetmaker »

slaca wrote:Hi, if i use the new opengfx (0.3.4.) with opengfx landscape, then the landscape.grf changes the shore to the old shore, and it looks like in the ogfx 0.3.3. I like the new shore sprites so much, and windmill too, so I need ogfx landscape with new shore support.

Thx :bow:
Of course the next release of OpenGFX+ Landscape will have the new shores, too :-) Until there's a new release, you could use one of OpenGFX+ Landscape's nightly builds which already have the new shores.

Thanks for feedback :-)
slaca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by slaca »

Thx, i've just tried it, and it fits to the new ogfx :)

But maybe i found a bug, when i used the new company land object on the coast:

Keep up the good work! :wink:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

slaca wrote: But maybe i found a bug, when i used the new company land object on the coast:
Yes and no. It's know, same as the half-desert tiles will show as tropical-green, and there are no snow-transition tiles with the company land. In principle all that is possible but it a lot of work. Currently the company land uses the same ground tile which (nearly) every NewGRF uses which does a ground check. And the simple ground check doesn't know about coasts, snow transition, half-desert tiles... possibly some cases more. Maybe I'll fix it when it requires less lines to make it happen ;-)
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

planetmaker wrote:
slaca wrote: But maybe i found a bug, when i used the new company land object on the coast:
Yes and no. It's know, same as the half-desert tiles will show as tropical-green, and there are no snow-transition tiles with the company land. In principle all that is possible but it a lot of work. Currently the company land uses the same ground tile which (nearly) every NewGRF uses which does a ground check. And the simple ground check doesn't know about coasts, snow transition, half-desert tiles... possibly some cases more. Maybe I'll fix it when it requires less lines to make it happen ;-)
Would an interim possibility be to make the company tiles along the coast use the appropriate climate-foundations? This would give you little wharfs/piers instead of a harsh sided grass tile?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Once we add the new capabilities of "(svn r22518) -Feature: [NewGRF] Advanced sprite layouts with register modifiers. " to NML it might be much easier possible. But drawing foundations is exactly the same effort as drawing coast tiles directly. I'm optimistic that these new capabilities won't be missing for too long from NML, though... :-) But then... it might make fences also easier, I'll see.
slaca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by slaca »

hi, the new shore graphic (ogfx0.3.4.) doesn't work if i play with r70 on arctic alpin climate
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

slaca wrote:hi, the new shore graphic (ogfx0.3.4.) doesn't work if i play with r70 on arctic alpin climate
Yes, that's a known issue. OpenGFX+ Landscape has to (also) implement the shores and I haven't come around to releasing an updated version with the new shores. Seems like it's a release reason on its own, given the amount fo requests in that respect ;-)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

A preview on what the next version might feature - the graphics need serious tweaking yet, though
Attachments
Plunton Transport, 2001-05-25.png
Plunton Transport, 2001-05-25.png (62.31 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Looking good! The fenced land is good fun...
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

The path looks nice too limit city growth, without ugly terraforming or traintracks for example.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Not sure where to post this, but it appears to be a conflict between OGFX+ Landscape and FIRS and the Large GUI set. Loading these three sets at the same time causes blue circle icons to appear under the ground tiles of some FIRS industries, and they disappeared after I removed FIRS.

Using the latest nightlies of OGFX+, FIRS and yesterday's OpenTTD (cant remember rev numbers, sorry)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Can you show me (savegame, screenshot)? I don't see it.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

It only seems to happen after building company fenced land. There are also "Zzzzz" sprites there. The version I detected it in was clean trunk r22860, this savegame also has it.

EDIT: The terminal window (not OTTD's console) output this:

Code: Select all

dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #6 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #14 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #7 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #2 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #4 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #9 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #11 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
dbg: [sprite] Tried to load character sprite #3 as a normal sprite. Probable cause: NewGRF interference
Attachments
Plonston Transport, 1999-03-04.png
(252.51 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Plonston Transport, 1999-03-31.sav
(101.64 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Thanks, now I see what you mean and how to reproduce it, though I don't know yet what exactly causes this, but indeed it seems to be related to the fenced land.

Thanks for reporting it.
akasoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by akasoft »

I attached my translation into Russian for this set (revision 82).
russian.lng
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Thanks for the translation, akasoft; you'll find it in the upcoming nightly build.

Also you'll find a slightly modified fenced land:
Attachments
fenced_land_tree.png
fenced_land_tree.png (46.96 KiB) Viewed 5347 times
akasoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by akasoft »

I can build .grf for self at any time. I get a warning during building:

Code: Select all

F:\Temp\nml\ogfx-landscape_w>make
[DEP] Makefile.dep
[CPP] ogfx-landscape.nml
[LANG] custom_tags.txt
[NML] ogfx-landscape.grf
"src/wind-powerplant.pnml", line 44: Block 'wind_powerplant_purchase_layout' is
not referenced, ignoring.
[MD5] ogfx-landscape-nightly.md5
[TXT] docs/readme.txt
docs/readme.txt: done.
This block for future use?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

akasoft wrote: This block for future use?
Exactly. I only implemented that half-way so far. I dislike that only the wind turbine's base is shown in the item overview list. But I didn't yet find a good solution. I guess I need some scaled-down version or so. Which I so far was too lazy to generate ;-)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

planetmaker wrote:But I didn't yet find a good solution.
Maybe something like this:
windfarm_purchase.png
windfarm_purchase.png (3.76 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
Ideally only the image in the list at the right is replaced while the previews at the bottom show the whole thing, but I don't think that is possible. So I don't know how well this will work out, but maybe worth a try.
akasoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by akasoft »

And at my build (rev.85) fence is absent (not drawn), see screenshot.
fence_absent.png
fence_absent.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 5316 times
It's ok?

Return to “Graphics Development”