OpenGFX+ Landscape

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: OpenGFX+ Landscape

Post by kamnet »

Small graphical error I just noticed, and you can even see it in some of the previous screen shots posted here - there are grid lines under the rails even when you turn the grid lines off.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (12.17 KiB) Viewed 5375 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

That's because I haven't redrawn the track tiles without gridlines yet :) It should be quite simple, I just need some free time!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

And as a work-around I suggest to use a railtypes set like SwedishRails, SMITS and/or NuTracks along with OpenGFX for the meantime ;-)
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Regarding what was said previously in the release thread about building the wind turbines on sloped land tiles...

Would it be easier, if only as an interim feature, to allow the turbines to be built with foundations?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

PaulC wrote:Regarding what was said previously in the release thread about building the wind turbines on sloped land tiles...

Would it be easier, if only as an interim feature, to allow the turbines to be built with foundations?
Yes, it would. Tremendously. I guess I can change it such and change it to showing no foundations when I find the time to implement the many required slope cases or when we get the varaction2 addition which makes it easy.

EDIT: here you go:
Attachments
wind turbines on foundations on slopes
wind turbines on foundations on slopes
Budhattan Transport, 1990-03-26.png (80.34 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Too bad you can't service objects.... anyways.

I don't have the skillz to make a alternate landscape but what about a more tropical (South America\Caribbean) look for the sub-tropic map, replacing the sandy desert with grass land or something, maybe patchy grass to signify that area is so dry that grass has a hard time growing. Also maybe make the water graphics blue-green to match the waters around the Caribbean
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

A new feature: an plain landscape tile which has all properties of the company owned land. Shown are normal view and transparent view which shows the tile border in company colour:
Attachments
normal view
normal view
cc_land_normal.png (60.3 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
transparent view
transparent view
cc_land_transparent.png (50.54 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hooray! No more brown tiles with signs in front of airport runways! :D
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

May be use a coloured fence?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Kraks wrote:May be use a coloured fence?
I considered that and it'd be nice. That's quite thoroughly a lot more work than this solution, though. Unless one would want around every tile a separate fence and not around the whole area. So currently: not. Maybe at a later stage, but don't hold your breath for it.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Some sort of seeing the tile is owned by a company and not a normal landscape tile when transparency is off would be good, to prevent people in multiplayer from isolating towns with invisible tiles. Maybe colour the northern corner (or something like that), so you don't have to search why your new rail/road is not completed while there is nothing in view that could be blocking. And no, switching transparency is not the first thing I would do to see where the problem is.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Transportman wrote:Some sort of seeing the tile is owned by a company and not a normal landscape tile when transparency is off would be good, to prevent people in multiplayer from isolating towns with invisible tiles. Maybe colour the northern corner (or something like that), so you don't have to search why your new rail/road is not completed while there is nothing in view that could be blocking. And no, switching transparency is not the first thing I would do to see where the problem is.
Yes, in MP this can be a problem, I know. I'm considering of (optionally, via parameter) adding the sign to the tiles, but keeping the ground as now. Thoughts on that?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If you could make the border colors thinner, I think that would be a fine way to display them in the main view as a third option to plain ground and visible sign.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

kamnet wrote:If you could make the border colors thinner, I think that would be a fine way to display them in the main view as a third option to plain ground and visible sign.
That would be great, not to intrusive but still visible if you need to see it. I would make the border color or the sign the default option, so that there is always something visible, unless specifically disabled.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

What about adding a small company coloured sign, just big enough to see at a glance (but not as big as the old company owned land signs)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Great implementation of a great idea. It is much appreciated.

Perhaps a small rock or a small bush or some other natural looking sort of thing somewhere on the tile when it is in a non-transparent mode in order to differentiate it only slightly from a tile that has not been purchased.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I thought I suggested this previously here, maybe I put it in another OpenGFX+ thread, I can't remember.

How about a toggle to display/remove fences around rails and airports? I'm playing with the idea of possibly doing an update to RSpeed's Fake Airport tiles, would be awesome to be able to blend those tiles in better.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Maybe you could add Smooth Snow Transition to the set?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

That is already default OpenGFX, actually since its birth... and, yes, also this grf uses it since it knows about snow. It doesn't use the exact same sprites, but very similar levels / densities.
slaca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by slaca »

Hi, if i use the new opengfx (0.3.4.) with opengfx landscape, then the landscape.grf changes the shore to the old shore, and it looks like in the ogfx 0.3.3. I like the new shore sprites so much, and windmill too, so I need ogfx landscape with new shore support.

Thx :bow:

Return to “Graphics Development”