OpenGFX+ Landscape

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: OpenGFX+ Landscape

Post by xarick »

Hello, I found a bug with OpenGFX+ Landscape 1.1.2 on OpenTTD 1.5.0-RC1.

Build canal(s), then build rock(s) on it(them), then...

1 - build ship depot
2 - build buoy
3 - build dock with the pier part on the rock
4 - build lock with the upper and lower parts on the rocks
5 - build oil rig

... observe the different behaviours for each.

1 - adds the cost for clearing the rocks and the cost for building the ship depot
2 - adds the cost for clearing the rock and the cost for building the buoy
3 - can't build dock here... ... site unsuitable
4 - adds the cost for clearing the rocks, adds the cost for clearing the canals, adds the cost for clearing the middle tile and adds the cost for building the lock
5.1 - the 6 tiles which comprise of the oil rig are cleared, no matter if there's rocks on water or not, adds the cost for building oil rig
5.2 - if one of the tiles which are to be checked for clear water have rocks on it: can't construct this industry type here... ... site unsuitable

edit: found another bug

steps:
1 - build rocks on a river slope
2 - build a lock in there
3 - remove lock

Boom, river is gone.
Formerly known as Samu
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Small glitch with rivers.
Attachments
glitch.png
glitch.png (14.02 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

Could you introduce a minimum distance between transmitter towers, because when playing on hilly, ocean-heavy worlds, it is not unusual to get 10 or so transmitters spawn within 20-25 tiles of each other
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

bvoice360 wrote:Could you introduce a minimum distance between transmitter towers, because when playing on hilly, ocean-heavy worlds, it is not unusual to get 10 or so transmitters spawn within 20-25 tiles of each other
I'd vouch for this. In world gen it seems to have a real fetish for them things. You'd generally not get one anywhere near another outside of a game, except smaller booster ones.

Would it also be possible to do some variations? Currently all the transmitters look alike, perhaps have them change as time progresses, in the early 1900s have them as little piddly things, then as you approach the new millenium, they can look all technical and fantastic, or as fantastic and technical as would look not silly considering most of them will be surrounded with trees.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

To emphasize my point, how many transmitter can you count in the below screenshot? I can count ≤50
Attachments
Transmitter Crazy.JPG
(653.66 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Is number of transmitters per given region something any NewGRF can control? I haven't read into the specs, but I think NewGRFs only replace the graphics for the towers that were placed by the map gen.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

yes, object GRFs can define the number of objects placed during map generation.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Eddi wrote:yes, object GRFs can define the number of objects placed during map generation.
As a fixed number per eg 256x256 map size, or can you eg check the amount of land or mountains?
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

a fixed number per 256x256, as far as i have seen. i don't think a more complex analyzation of map structure is feasible in NewGRF.

if some of the map generation options are exported as TTDPatch-Flags or global variables, then you can check those and alter the property with action6/7/9/D

additionally, you can use the tile_check callback to make some construction-time survey of the surrounding area, to prevent similar objects to be placed close by. not sure if you can distinguish automatic placement and player interaction here.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

You have the option to set a fixed amount per either linear size of the map (x+y) or per actual size of the map (x*y) - but I do not know how to read the actual water content in a NewGRF. Amount of radio towers are in this NewGRF scaled by the area size of the map (x*y); I forgot whether I made that a parameter :)
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

I've found a small bug, when using temperate climate with gridlines on, all rail tunnels show maglev sprites. The attached patch should correct this.
ogfx-landscape_tunnels.patch
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Also, would it be possible to include all the .png files required for compilation in the source download? MinGW doesn't like any makefiles which use GIMP processing, and attempting to compile with nmlc results in errors due to missing pngs.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Eddy Arfik wrote:I've found a small bug, when using temperate climate with gridlines on, all rail tunnels show maglev sprites. The attached patch should correct this.
ogfx-landscape_tunnels.patch

Also, would it be possible to include all the .png files required for compilation in the source download? MinGW doesn't like any makefiles which use GIMP processing, and attempting to compile with nmlc results in errors due to missing pngs.
Nice find. Thanks for the patch.

I'll see what to do about the generated pngs; it means it's more effort than just packing the source revision then but it was anyway somewhat my intention to provide them at least in the corresponding bundle folder for download.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

A new version with the fix applied is now available: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-lan ... sh/LATEST/
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

I found a small glitch with the fenced tile with a tree when built on a slope.
Polska Rail, 16 Mar 1965.png
(83.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

romazoon wrote:I found a small glitch with the fenced tile with a tree when built on a slope.
Polska Rail, 16 Mar 1965.png
Thanks, indeed. I'll see how to get that fixed :) It's at least in the code, sadly, a non-obvious bug.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i'm assuming the bounding boxes of the fence and the tree overlap, which confuses the sprite sorter. making the tree bounding box narrower might fix this.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Eddi wrote:i'm assuming the bounding boxes of the fence and the tree overlap, which confuses the sprite sorter. making the tree bounding box narrower might fix this.
You're right :) Fixed in the current development version.
EraYaN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EraYaN »

I don't know if this is still in development but, monorails act weird.

http://i.imgur.com/ba2E9rG.jpg

This is using OpenGFX baseset (lastest?), OpenTTD r27505, OpenGFX+ Landscape r5816
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Thanks. You are right, the monorail tracks have issues. They actually need quite an overhaul.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Bug_2.png
Bug_2.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
OpenTTD - openttd-trunk-r27492-windows-win32
The subarctic climate
The game start with random generation of enterprises and location - 1.01.1950
FIRS 2016-02-17 (Version: 5891 )
This is a bug with flashing lines occur only in the subarctic climate. In other types of climate this bug was not. This error appears when OpenGFX +landscape 1.1.2 is used in the game. If I don't use OpenGFX +landscape 1.1.2, this bug with flashing lines not observed.
I have a question: somebody faced similar problems?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

Return to “Graphics Development”