DB 102 and PushPull train

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

DB 102 and PushPull train

Post by spajdy »

Hi,
I recently made Push-Pull consist that operates under DB wings with Škoda 109E3 (DB 102) locomotive.
nahlad.png
nahlad.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
I wanted to make real push-pull, that has locomotive that pushes, or pulls the train. I've managed that by adding "pushpull" mode for Škoda 109E3 in subtype menu. Yet, I didn't not restrict using "locomotive".

The pushpull itself should work only with Škoda109E3 correctly, but for some reason if there is loco from another GRFID it just messup and put itself into pushpull mode anyway. (Outside this mode you have Control car behind unsupported locomotive, and it should behave like normal train, in PushPull mode it replaces graphics for the correct effect.) If you know how to fix this, I'll gladly listen to your advice. Thanks.

Please, be aware this is still work in progress and it can result in weird behaviour as not everything is tested. If you notice something, please report it here or in private message. Thank you.

DB_PUSHPULL.grf
Version 4 (Latest)
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 748 times
version 4:
I've made it compatible with V4 CE Trains pack. Changed the label back to DGWB and granted fallback track types if it is not found.
It will look for this if DGWB is not present: DGWA, DGWB, DBNE, DBHE, DBHS, SAAa, SBAa, SCAa, SDAa, SEAa, ELRL

Version 2:
I fixed the label for the loco, so you can actually in-game. The used label is ELRL for this public testing.

As there is not readme file yet here are some notations:
This was made as part of Slovak Train Set, but it probably won't be used in there. (Time will tell.)
This is first version and my first *.grf published online for using and testing. Feel free to comment and review on it. Thank you.
Please, place Škoda 109E3 refitted to "pushpull" mode in front of the Pushpull unit to make it work right.

Contents of the NewGRF:
Škoda 109E3 (DB 102), subtype (Normal, PushPull version)
Škoda PushPull unit for DB.
Last edited by spajdy on 17 Oct 2021 19:38, edited 3 times in total.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: DB 102 and PushPull train

Post by spajdy »

Hi there,
I've uploaded this so it is actually compatible with V4 CEE Train Set, well mostly with their tracks.
DB_PUSHPULL.grf
Version 4
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
patrik.kolibal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by patrik.kolibal »

Hi,
it's a nice GRF but it has a small flaw. When the set goes to the end of the track, locomotives appear at both ends of the set.

:D
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

patrik.kolibal wrote: 22 Feb 2021 15:01 Hi,
it's a nice GRF but it has a small flaw. When the set goes to the end of the track, locomotives appear at both ends of the set.
Hey, thanks, I am aware of this issue. The reason is, there are two subtypes of the locomotive. Classic DB 102 (for normal trains) and DB 102 for PushPull, if you want it to behave like PushPull, you need to refit to the push-pull version. While testing I disabled copouling behind the first subtype but then the game refused to clone the train, so I get rid of this part of the code. Please try to refit, and tell if it helped you, or the problem prevails. (It should not, but there are many variables to be considered).

PushPull does not have any disabled codes, but I am considering only allowing coupling behind DB 102, due to the fact it actually changes the first/last carriage to loco in reverse mode.

As I said, there is a lot of stuff to be aware of. And this was used for my internal testing, but if there is interest, I can solve these issues. Should not be the problem.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”