zoom 32bpp install for buildings_HQ .tar - and other tars

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jstein22kk
Engineer
Engineer

zoom 32bpp install for buildings_HQ .tar - and other tars

Post by jstein22kk »

Hello .. please can anyone help me ?? How can I load/activate .tar files (for 'zoom' graphics I have placed into the data folder ? ) The game does not seem to pick them up .. i.e the 'buildings_HQ .tar' downloaded from the '32bpp Extra Zoom Levels ' web page for example .. I suspect some other graphics .png file needs to be overwritten/replaced ?

Many thanks if anyone can help .. this is probably a neophyte query but I cannot find the 'simple .. there it was answer' all day now.....
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: zoom 32bpp install for buildings_HQ .tar - and other tar

Post by Lord Aro »

First off, what is your OpenTTD version? You need to have the modified version for extra zoom levels to work
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
jstein22kk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jstein22kk »

Hello , thanks for your reply..
I can see most everything in extra zoom except a few houses , the sports arena etc. So the version I have

must be the latest (openttd-32bpp-ez-r21891-windows-win32 ) - but as I said earlier I cannot get any

additional zoom graphics to work which are available at

http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels_Files

Many thanks if you can help !!
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

first, get rid of any .tar's you have downloaded from the wiki - it is generally outdated and many of the files do not work

then, download the pack from here: http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-nightlies/
this is the official pack, with guaranteed (ish) working and up to date
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
jstein22kk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jstein22kk »

Hello there !! many thanks for your kind reply and assistance ... I will download the files in your reply thread now.. some apologises for not being familiar with posting etiquete protocols ... this OPEN TTD is a truly commendable open source game - I tried it when it came out in '96 - '97 and find it greatly improved and a contender with any newer commercial effort.. keep up the good work everyone !!!

Return to “Graphics Development”