Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dutch Trainset v2.0 being developed

Post by Densha »

A bit late reply, but looks great! 8)
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

And to keep you guys going, I found something interesting again. :P

The RET metro MG2/1 and SG2/1 types are undergoing an overhaul including a new livery at the moment. Here's an overview: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrotype_ ... 0-serie%29
After the overhaul they were first painted into the new grayish RET livery, but now that the RET metro network will officially become R-Net they will gradually put red stickers on the doors and R-Net logos on the metros.

Some pics...

Gray:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123752246 ... 091702213/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123752246 ... 885041588/

R-Net:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123752246 ... 567590301/

Both:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alextrein ... 481744855/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123752246 ... 570987235/
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Whew, just got finished translating the train set into Finnish. I must say, there are LOADS of different liveries in this set. Almost every other entry to be translated was a livery of sorts. But it's finally done. Only took about two days...
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

WRT this topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70510
Short summary is that vehicles are not allowed to change their capacity without user intervention, not even in the depot. This set however implements that functionality for instance when a vehicle is refurbished. This happens when particular vehicles enter the depot after a certain year. It gets a new livery, and some properties are modified. But as it turns out, modifying the capacity is not allowed.

I'd like some input on how to fix this, so feel free to reply. I'm seeing two options:
1) Do not modify the capacity automatically, but only when a vehicle is refit. The "year dependent livery" will have a fixed capacity as a result of this. And as a result of that it is possible that a vehicle refitted to "year dependent livery" and another vehicle of the same type refitted to a fixed livery will visually look the same but have a different capacity.
2) Do away with different capacities for the same vehicle. This will also remove some of the realism from the set. I'm yet to figure out how many vehicles are affected by this.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

On the topic of refitting: I noticed many trains cannot be refitted into another livery than the autolivery mode since OTTD 3.0. Not sure if this has been fixed after a certain point, as I'm using a version of the Dutch trainset from a few months back.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Yep it works now! Thanks! :)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

FooBar wrote:1) Do not modify the capacity automatically, but only when a vehicle is refit. The "year dependent livery" will have a fixed capacity as a result of this. And as a result of that it is possible that a vehicle refitted to "year dependent livery" and another vehicle of the same type refitted to a fixed livery will visually look the same but have a different capacity.
Since nobody replied to this yet (holidays, maybe) and because AFAICT only two vehicles are affected, I opted for this option. Seemed the best option to me. If you don't agree, you can always complain ;)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Also, with the known bugs now being fixed, I plan to do a new release within the next few weeks. This allows some time for translators to complete their language. Especially Catalan, Finnish and Croatian which each need only 6 changes. This might also be a good time to complete the Spanish translation, which is currently at 80%.

New translations are of course welcome at https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/dutchtrains
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Finnish translation updated.
MegaTrain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MegaTrain »

I've been reading through the topic since a few months and I've read the whole doors discussion. Did you guys take in mind that carriages from the Stadler GTW train are shorter than the DM'90 Buffel trains? There are less passengers in one coach, which makes overall loading times faster. Another variable introduced, you're welcome. :mrgreen:

Also, for the DDZ and DDAR trains (which wil be re-introduced this september! :) ) - these have wider doors to speed up loading / unloading. SLT has one in every coach, but also the coaches from SLT are shorter than for example a SGMm. A SGMm-3 about the same lenght as a SLT-6. Therefor, I think the number of doors is not the way to manage the loading time.

The best thing to do, is just make it set on each train, together with a variable that makes loading speeds faster or slower, depending on what the user wishes. I think in the Netherlands, the Sprinter Light Train is the fastest loading / unloading train, because of lots 'o doors, short carriages and door height (same level as the platform, most other NS trains are higher, which means passengers have to take a step to get into the train). The slowest will be either the TGV Thalys or the ICE3 because of little doors and longer carriages (ICE is actually longer than TGV Thalys).

How much these load times should exactly be I'm not sure, but I think you guys know that better than me. :)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

FooBar wrote:translators
If you wish, you can easily use the Croatian translation and copy/paste it into Serbian one. Our two languages are practically the same, whoever finds minor differences can always apply for translator and change them later. :wink:

Same goes for any other set author that reads this, I'm updating the Croatian translations whenever there's something new. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

@MegaTrain:
The variable used is "passengerdoorwidth", or how many people can use a door at the same time. A normal door has value 2. A DD-AR door has value 3. Carriage length is irrelevant, as loading speed is related to capacity, not length. That shorter length means lower capacity is of course accounted for. I'm convinced that the relative differences in loading speed between vehicles are correct, and the discussion so far hasn't led me to believe otherwise. That trains in general load slow is a different matter and a parameter for that is certainly a possibility. I've already increased all loading speeds by 50% a while back, but it's difficult to judge if that is enough. I don't know what version people are using.

@Voyager:
I'll do that, if I don't forget. I don't have my computer until friday :)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

FooBar wrote:I'll do that, if I don't forget. I don't have my computer until friday
Take your time, no rush.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

FooBar wrote:I've already decreased all loading speeds by 50% a while back, but it's difficult to judge if that is enough.
Corrected! :mrgreen:

And personally, even after the recent decrease I'd say it still should be 25-50% lower than what it's now. In a normal game the current loading speed is fine but with CargoDist I really need faster loading times. With a variable everyone can adapt the set to their own game.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Increase means quicker here, but you mean the same thing so that's ok :)
Loading time is now faster than the original trains if I'm not mistaken, but I too feel that for cargodist trains may load faster.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Anyone feels like drawing trains? :mrgreen:

The first new NS Traxx in intercity livery: http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav= ... tion=dview
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

That will have to wait for the next release then, because 2.0.0 is out now! :D

Please see the changelog for what's new. As usual you can get the new version from OpenTTD's online content.
pietjeklap
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pietjeklap »

I've given it a try:

Haven't drawn sprites for quite a long time so please give a comment :)

Don't know if it's allowed but I've made a sprite based on this one:

Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Nice! :D
Attachments
Nederlandse Spoorwegen, 5 Jun 2226.png
Nederlandse Spoorwegen, 5 Jun 2226.png (44.46 KiB) Viewed 4860 times

Return to “Graphics Development”