Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7737 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1172 173 174 175 176387 Next

Which DMU do you find better looking
Poll ended at Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 am
DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis 63%  63%  [ 15 ]
Total votes: 24
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

i'd vote for that as well. it's time to show the world some balls. some... dutch balls. :wink:

"On the other hand, I have different fingers" -- The rascal formerly known as astath, loathing you and more specifically your religion. Anti-theist, be like it. -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club -- Good times.

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:22 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

lobster wrote:
i'd vote for that as well. it's time to show the world some balls. some... dutch balls. :wink:

And some trains...

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:30 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

ah yes, that too.

"On the other hand, I have different fingers" -- The rascal formerly known as astath, loathing you and more specifically your religion. Anti-theist, be like it. -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club -- Good times.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:37 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

It's realy cool :wink:
I want to play with the set :mrgreen: but pitty i can't :cry: (i play ottd :roll: )
Keep it up the good work guy's :!:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:29 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

STT Transport wrote:
(i play ottd :roll: )

So? OpenTTD supports newGRFs too.

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:08 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

Purno wrote:
STT Transport wrote:
(i play ottd :roll: )

So? OpenTTD supports newGRFs too.

Hmmm,
I see just see only 4 type's :cry:

Attachments:
File comment: The 4 type's
STT Transport, 28 Nov 2000.png [75.49 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times

Last edited by STT Transport on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:13 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

STT Transport wrote:
Hmmm,
I see just see only 3 type's :cry: (i will post a screenshot)

That's because you are using the ancient pre-release. The Dutch set as you see it in screenshots recently has not been released. There is nothing wrong with OTTD whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

Ameecher wrote:
That's because you are using the ancient pre-release. The Dutch set as you see it in screenshots recently has not been released. There is nothing wrong with OTTD whatsoever.

So the 4 trains what i see is normal :?:

EDIT:
I've just read that the pre-release had 4 trains.
So sorry for the questions, it was my bad :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:13 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

The pre-release isn't really a good impression of how this set eventually will be ;) it'll be way better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:55 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Paffy Duck wrote:
Dunno... For the Engines (not the MUs) no Ending Year has been added to the Infosheet... Lifetimes have been set, but no year where they really get out of service... But, as far as I know, some of those Engines (like the 1200) are still in use, only not by NS, but for example by Vos Logistics when I'm right. Also, lot of Engines are now used by Railion, but those liveries are already in the Limited Edition, which is not released yet.

But, aligning is making progress... I should say, if the Team agrees, that we get an Alpha out as soon as the alignment has been done. I think this would be somewhere in March that I'd be ready with aligning (and probably some sprite replacements)

Those Sprite Replacements and my suggestions above can also be implemented in a second Alpha (or perhaps a Beta) IMO...

Hi guy's,

What do you mean by an 'limited edition' Paffy Duck for some liveries? Is there a special pack wich comes next to the Dutch Trainset release with special liveries or something? I think it would be awesome to just put all the liveries in 1 set, wich will than be the most complete and realistic trainset for TTD or OTTD!!!

That way you'll gain respect from everybody! By completing the set without breaking it up into pieces...

But, maybe you mean something else?!
I surely hope so!

Greetz and keep up the good work/coding/alligning! :bow: :bow:

Hoontje 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:04 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

IIRC, the Limited Edition was an internally used projectname for the total recoding of the Dutch Trainset. The Limited Edition was mentioned this way by me because it was limited by my coding skills. For example all engines were Dual Headed and all MU wagons were the same. Since I gained coding skills the original Dual Headed code was replaced by something more realistically and complicated. However, the file still was called "Limited Edition" when I gave the files to Paffy, as it's basicly still the same file.

I'll promise you guys the release won't be limited ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:05 am 
Director
Director

Hoontje, a first alpha would be superseded by a second alpha - the more elaborate version takes the place of the first. They don't mean to release different grf's side by side, don't worry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:00 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Purno, I'll send you an update in a while. All sprites (except steamers & tenders) have been aligned, and most of the cargo wagons don't need alignment (red large tanker needs alignment for \ view, and some have not been checked yet)

I've got one problem though, concerning replacing the steamer sprites. How do I add new sprites in GRFMaker? I always get an A803 error (No sprites Selected) when selecting a range (or a single) sprite. This happens under both Linux/Wine and Windows XP, so I think I do something wrong...

The DDAR-Trailer has been added already (Copy-Paste of Lines.)

In the file set, You'll find an updated GRF for both the Windows and Dos versions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Paffy Duck wrote:
I've got one problem though, concerning replacing the steamer sprites. How do I add new sprites in GRFMaker? I always get an A803 error (No sprites Selected) when selecting a range (or a single) sprite. This happens under both Linux/Wine and Windows XP, so I think I do something wrong...

Create a bmp file with the sprites in the right order. Rows of 8 sprites, with the top border at the same height, at least 2 pixels distance horizontally. All columns must be alligned the same at the left. Keep like at least 7 pixels distance vertically. Give the bitmap an even height and width (so multitude of 2 pixels). To be sure I used multitudes of 64.

Use the pallete converter tool in GRFMaker, import the true color bitmap and then save it in windows pallete. It now should be usable at a vehicle graphic block. Make sure to select a rail vehicle sprite set.

Let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:55 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Purno wrote:
IIRC, the Limited Edition was an internally used projectname for the total recoding of the Dutch Trainset. The Limited Edition was mentioned this way by me because it was limited by my coding skills. For example all engines were Dual Headed and all MU wagons were the same. Since I gained coding skills the original Dual Headed code was replaced by something more realistically and complicated. However, the file still was called "Limited Edition" when I gave the files to Paffy, as it's basicly still the same file.

I'll promise you guys the release won't be limited ;)

Ah ok... I didn't understand it quite well than. Thanks for the explanation and hopefully the set will soon be completed!!! :-)

Greets,

Hoontje 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:32 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

We're closer to a release than ever before. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Purno wrote:

Thats a quote from 2 years ago. :mrgreen: *j/k*.

Sorry Purno I know you do your best. :wink:

Closet troll that got locked inside and accidentally left the keys outside.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Mr. X wrote:
Purno wrote:

Thats a quote from 2 years ago. :mrgreen: *j/k*.

Sorry Purno I know you do your best. :wink:

Funny enough, Purno has always been right when he said that :P Let's say it's really, REALLY close now :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:08 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

it is, indeed. i've played some proper, good-working games with the internal pre-release of some time back. except for a problem with the tenders there was nothing, and i mean nothing in the most literal sense of the word, wrong with it.

it'll be awesome, i promise you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:09 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Steamers are still a bit odd in the latest version I got. The sprites need to be updated. IIRC Paffy Duck was busy with that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7737 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1172 173 174 175 176387 Next