Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Toni Babelony »

Well yeah, then it's up to the individual player to decide the combinations. Maybe that's more interesting in the end.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Hextrasher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hextrasher »

Oh yeah I'm definately gonna build more 2600s than there were in real life ;) I love that engine. We're getting closer and closer till the release. I hope this set will work well in OpenTTD.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Toni Babelony wrote:Well yeah, then it's up to the individual player to decide the combinations. Maybe that's more interesting in the end.
Not really, coaches livery depends on the current gameyear. We can't assign a vehicle ID to each and every coach the Dutch had, we only have 116 VehIDs available.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I'm using the old sprites ATM, will change them for the later release, IMO.
So, I'll cut the Tender sprites for now, and see if the Alignment-problem has been solved.

Further I'll fix the bugs you've send me, Purno, and finish alignment of the Cargo Wagons.

I've changed my mind about the TRAXX, and make it available in-game from 2007, in the next release! Got info from the link you've sent me, Purno, and the sprites from this topic.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

You don't need to cut the tender in the latest steamer sprites. Do you need me to post them again?
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I already cut them, and I also have the latest images ready to be brought in, but I haven't test the cuts yet. For the latest sprites, I haven't added them yet, cause IMO it's better to get the set out for public, and replace the sprites in a second release, than to do it all now, before the release, which just slows the release...

So, IMO, I should fix the last bugs (yours Purno are fixed since yesterday evening) and finish alignment (and that major bug concerning tender/coach alignment (see screenie a bit further back)) and release the set after that. The only 'Extra' I'll do before releasing the set, is adding the Traxx, like mentioned in my post before yours, Snail.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Ok, but the new steamer sprites contain improvements to the vehicles themselves, not just cuts to the blue boxes. So if you have the old sprites and merely cut the blue boxes, the steamers themselves will be the old and outdated ones.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Indeed, but that'll be updated later on IMO... It's more important now to get the set ready for release, and so get ready with the alignments/bugfixes. Sprite Replacements can be done for a future release...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

As long as everything is alligned properly, including all steamers, tenders, engines and cargo wagons, we got a pretty releasable GRF IMO.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hextrasher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hextrasher »

Awesome! Cant wait!

Are you going to create the NSHiSpeed ICR coaches as well, to be run in combination with the TRAXX ? This is what I mean:

Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:Indeed, but that'll be updated later on IMO... It's more important now to get the set ready for release, and so get ready with the alignments/bugfixes. Sprite Replacements can be done for a future release...
I understand. However, my final Dutch steamers contain some solutions that you will see in the French Set as well. That's why I'd like to see them in a game as soon as the first version is released! :)

Since I'm not sure if you have them, here they are. (shameless mockup added :p )
Attachments
stoom.zip
zipfile
(369.66 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
mockup of the final Dutch steamers
mockup of the final Dutch steamers
mockup_white.png (18.6 KiB) Viewed 4264 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hextrasher wrote:Awesome! Cant wait!

Are you going to create the NSHiSpeed ICR coaches as well, to be run in combination with the TRAXX ? This is what I mean:

Too much effort for too little benefit. Let the NS first decide upon the order which the coaches are being put in, right now, all I see IRL is a mess.

Not to mention the fact every damned coach is different. (Though, admittely, some MUs have that too).
Image Image
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Obviously smoking of certain products is not banned at the Dutch railways paintshops ;)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:
Hextrasher wrote:Awesome! Cant wait!

Too much effort for too little benefit. Let the NS first decide upon the order which the coaches are being put in, right now, all I see IRL is a mess.

Not to mention the fact every damned coach is different. (Though, admittely, some MUs have that too).
In the pic above it ain't that big of a mess, just look at the coloured bars running along the train and you'll see that it's one pattern... So I think NS has decided in which order they'd put their coaches... The only coach that's probably not on the right place for this train, is the 4th coach from the TRAXX at the head.
OK, each coach is different, so it'll indeed be a lot of work, that's true.

@Snail: I've put the steamers on my stick, and will start working on it as soon as the alignment-troubles are over. But I'm intending to have a releasable, bugfixed version ready by end of April. Along my work on my website, and (duh) work, it might be so that the sprites you sent are not (or not all of them) available in-game in the first release.

@Everyone: You read it right: I'm setting myself kinda deadline. For the next month, I'm gonna work even harder to get everything on track, and I'll post test-GRFs to the team each week (starting next Wednesday) when I've altered anything. The only delay which can occur are bugs they find... When the set has been approved by all of them, then we'll release it (hopefully) by the end of April
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

At the same time of the release, I'm trying to get an OpenTTD multiplayer server running with several Dutch GRFs. Credits go to the openttdcoop team helping me with that.
then we'll release it (hopefully) by the end of April
Let me rephrase that;
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:At the same time of the release, I'm trying to get an OpenTTD multiplayer server running with several Dutch GRFs. Credits go to the openttdcoop team helping me with that.
Cool!
Purno wrote:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:then we'll release it (hopefully) by the end of April
Let me rephrase that;
exactly...
Niek
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Niek »

Excellent! I'll set up a nice little game with all Dutch grf's..
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:
Purno wrote:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:then we'll release it (hopefully) by the end of April
Let me rephrase that;
exactly...
Or better:
then we'll release it hopefully by the end of April
That's what counts most!!! :lol:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

So you rahter have an unfinished release, then waiting a bit longer for a good release? ?(
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I rather wait longer for a decent release. I don't think it's worth delivering a product with a known failure, only to wait for the omplaints/remarks to come.

Return to “Graphics Development”