Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Purno »

Agreed, and we're definately work out the bugs before the release, even if it takes years!
Attachments
NSset, 2nd Aug 2008 #1.png
NSset, 2nd Aug 2008 #1.png (63.1 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
NSset, 3rd Nov 2008.png
NSset, 3rd Nov 2008.png (72.55 KiB) Viewed 3683 times
NSset, 6th Aug 1993.png
NSset, 6th Aug 1993.png (63.3 KiB) Viewed 3683 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Some screenies
Attachments
NSset, 6th Jul 2001.png
NSset, 6th Jul 2001.png (22.19 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
NSset, 8th Dec 1982.png
NSset, 8th Dec 1982.png (53.29 KiB) Viewed 3676 times
NSset, 9th Feb 2001.png
NSset, 9th Feb 2001.png (50.32 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Some more...
Attachments
NSset, 9th Sep 1989.png
NSset, 9th Sep 1989.png (46.02 KiB) Viewed 3676 times
NSset, 12th Jan 1997.png
NSset, 12th Jan 1997.png (46.36 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
NSset, 16th Jan 1999.png
NSset, 16th Jan 1999.png (32.39 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
Image Image
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

I like that sign 'Klazienaveen Woods' 8)
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
P@u! +ox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by P@u! +ox »

Cool!
I can't wait till I can run the dutch NS trains through my The Netherlands scenario!
I recently finished a scenario for the Netherlands based on a height map and the atlas. It's a hugh map with around 154 cities. You can find it on the OTTD Wiki and you can download it here.

Have fun!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Your webspace is incredibly slow. Could you upload a screenie and the scenario itself somewhere on a fast host (like these forums). I'd like to see if your scenario is better than mine. I created a 2048² map myself, only industries are a bit missing.
Image Image
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Purno wrote:Some screenies

There's a small alignment error with the coaches of your last screenshot's train that is heading east..
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Purno wrote:So you rahter have an unfinished release, then waiting a bit longer for a good release? ?(
No! You misunderstood me. I agree with Hyronymus.
I meant this project is active and we will finally have a release, unlike other projects that are dead. That is what counts more. :wink:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, I know this has nothing really to do with the Dutch set... but as long as these Forums are alive, no project is ever really dead. I've thought this one was dead several times - but it's not, and you're going to have a great release soon. The Japan set has died several times - but it, too, is finally nearing completion (and the latest test version is quite playable!) I haven't forgotten the Spanish set... and someday, even the legendary full British set may see the light of day! Don't ever give up!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

As long as all work is publically availably, anyone can pickup a project again. :))
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

krtaylor wrote:Well, I know this has nothing really to do with the Dutch set... but as long as these Forums are alive, no project is ever really dead. I've thought this one was dead several times - but it's not, and you're going to have a great release soon. The Japan set has died several times - but it, too, is finally nearing completion (and the latest test version is quite playable!) I haven't forgotten the Spanish set... and someday, even the legendary full British set may see the light of day! Don't ever give up!
Nice words from you, krtaylor. I'm glad we actually never gave up, although it crossed our minds multiple times.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

We had a lot of ups and downs :)
Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

what's that Purno? no use of buffers in your stations?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

lobster wrote:what's that Purno? no use of buffers in your stations?
Hmm... in general they just cost extra tiles, and need modification if you want to make an exit to the other side of the station. At the start of the game I decided that diesel stations will be 5 tiles long, and electric stations 7 tiles, so I could see on the map which stations were electrified.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Darkmast49 wrote:

There's a small alignment error with the coaches of your last screenshot's train that is heading east..
Got it, will fix it ASAP. Thanks for mentioning it Darkmast. I haven't checked all trains and coaches yet if they're aligned properly, but I'll fix that as soon as I pass by them.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I think a playtest is the best way to discover the bugs.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:I think a playtest is the best way to discover the bugs.
indeed. I'm discovering several other (small) alignment errors on the go, but those bugs like you mentioned for some colors which just weren't exactly right, I haven't found them on my own, it was that you mentioned those to me, otherwise I wouldn't find them...

But, I'm making good progress, for the trains, I'm now checking alignment of all trains available in 1956 and before (just have to do the blue liveries of the 1000, 1100, 1200, and the Local Passenger Coach, the 1300, 2600 Beelen, before I proceed a year further...) I'll post an update in your PM next Wednesday, but I can already mention that the bug we discussed hasn't been fixed yet (haven't reached these trains yet). Also the sprites of Snail above here are not yet included...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

BlueEagle_nl wrote:But, I'm making good progress, for the trains, I'm now checking alignment of all trains available in 1956 and before (just have to do the blue liveries of the 1000, 1100, 1200, and the Local Passenger Coach, the 1300, 2600 Beelen, before I proceed a year further...) I'll post an update in your PM next Wednesday, but I can already mention that the bug we discussed hasn't been fixed yet (haven't reached these trains yet).
So, IIUC, you're checking all trains then moving to the next year? Wouldn't it be more efficient to check all years and then move to the next train? No need to check the ICE every year over and over since it doesn't change livery :P
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:
BlueEagle_nl wrote:But, I'm making good progress, for the trains, I'm now checking alignment of all trains available in 1956 and before (just have to do the blue liveries of the 1000, 1100, 1200, and the Local Passenger Coach, the 1300, 2600 Beelen, before I proceed a year further...) I'll post an update in your PM next Wednesday, but I can already mention that the bug we discussed hasn't been fixed yet (haven't reached these trains yet).
So, IIUC, you're checking all trains then moving to the next year? Wouldn't it be more efficient to check all years and then move to the next train? No need to check the ICE every year over and over since it doesn't change livery :P
Well, I've only checked new locs/coaches/liveries when they appear, then moved on to the next year. I'm currently at the point where I'm aligning each loc on a series of 4 Local Passenger Coaches (lots of test grf's have to be created :P). Afterwards I'll just have to add the TRAXX (already added in Infosheet, ID 47, see download) and redefine Steamer Sprites... Then all work is done, except if you find bugs.
STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

I like them :wink:
Cant wait until its finshed (hopes it comes soon :wink: :lol: )
"A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate."

Return to “Graphics Development”