Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Container wagon date

Post by SciFurz »

Yellow Cab wrote: 23 May 2020 08:13 Saw those shortly after I posted this. Great job. Only thing is I play the 2.2.0 alpha, so I don't know if your file will screw that up. Maybe they should be implemented in 2.2.1. :lol:
Thanks! Knowing how radical I can modify things (just look at my realtime patch), I'm sure it'll screw things up. :-p

I haven't checked for newer versions outside of the OpenTTD repository, so I didn't know there's an alpha available. I'll check it out later but I can't say for sure if I'll begin moditying that one and posting it, but I've found my way around the source pretty well, so I think it won't be too difficult to add and replace what I did so far.
There's quite some work to tweak the original wagons graphics wise and make them look better, especially on diagonal and vertical tracks. They tend to look like one long tube instead of seperate wagons. In particular the small ones.

And since I run my realtime patch with a higher production rate, I want to add more high capacity (some fictional) wagons like the 130t open wagon in the mod I posted, and the 130.000 litre tanker I added recently. There's something about watching a 5200 ton line of 40 wagons being towed by 4 NS 6400s. :-)
What I'd also like to do is figure out how to create an articulated wagon because I saw an articulated container carrier a while ago and the first thought was about creating one in this set. ;-)
For fun and experimentation, I already made a short coach version of the IRM III because I like the looks of the IRM (it's even better than the real thing).
ISM_III_Bull.png
ISM_III_Bull.png (10.74 KiB) Viewed 7071 times
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/
PEPSprinterPacer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Dutch Trainset v2.0 being developed

Post by PEPSprinterPacer »

Just got the set, looks good 😄😄😃
Only ever been on 2 185's and 144 023!
viewtopic.php?t=87546 a screenshot thread of mobile pictures!
Higaphix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Higaphix »

Hey, long time no see. I've haven't posted in a while.

I had sort of promised to do some development on the Dutch Train Set. That never really took off. Seems like commitment is not really my thing. Perhaps I'm not really into forums.

I've been maintaining my own version of the Dutch Train Set up until this point, by just implementing features that would reflect what we would see in real life.

If I wanted to do something with the trains, that one could do in real life, but couldn't with the Dutch Train Set, I would usually try to implement in some way.

As of today, I realised that you couldn't reverse trains the way they would in real life. So I implemented it. Now trains can ride in either push/pull configuration.
Screenshot from 2020-12-04 00-15-45.png
(217.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It works by checking whether the train is reversed. If so, the graphics are swapped with eachother and the lights adjusted for the opposite direction.

It did require a new set of graphics for the ICR Bs tho. But those sprites are easily edited :wink:

It's still a bit buggy (I still need to find a way to check the ID of the last vehicle in a consist. Maybe it's possible, maybe it isn't. Feel free to give me a clue if you have any) but I'll probably work it out a bit more.

If anyone's interested in my version of the Dutch Trainset, feel free to send me a message. I'll send the .grf file to you :)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Higaphix wrote: 03 Dec 2020 23:27 Hey, long time no see. I've haven't posted in a while.

I had sort of promised to do some development on the Dutch Train Set. That never really took off. Seems like commitment is not really my thing. Perhaps I'm not really into forums.

I've been maintaining my own version of the Dutch Train Set up until this point, by just implementing features that would reflect what we would see in real life.

If I wanted to do something with the trains, that one could do in real life, but couldn't with the Dutch Train Set, I would usually try to implement in some way.

As of today, I realised that you couldn't reverse trains the way they would in real life. So I implemented it. Now trains can ride in either push/pull configuration.

Screenshot from 2020-12-04 00-15-45.png

It works by checking whether the train is reversed. If so, the graphics are swapped with eachother and the lights adjusted for the opposite direction.

It did require a new set of graphics for the ICR Bs tho. But those sprites are easily edited :wink:

It's still a bit buggy (I still need to find a way to check the ID of the last vehicle in a consist. Maybe it's possible, maybe it isn't. Feel free to give me a clue if you have any) but I'll probably work it out a bit more.

If anyone's interested in my version of the Dutch Trainset, feel free to send me a message. I'll send the .grf file to you :)
Maybe this code can give you some pointers, but I think it will be way too much hassle to be worth it, especially if you want to consider all edge-cases (mixed trains and stuff like that).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I've been working on the Dutch Trainset addon a bit more.
A bit of a sneak peek of what I've done so far:
[+] Spoiler
While doing this I noticed that sleeper trains in the Dutch trainset act like perfectly normal passenger carriages: the passenger aging period on sleeper carriages is the default passenger aging period on all other trains. Was this intentional? It feels like it really shouldn't be intentional.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
isaacrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by isaacrdc »

Thats very nice! I dont like the shape of the original ICE (sorry Voyager One :twisted:)
I am going to fix the Vectron , the SBB livery is using the Blue CC and the DB have some pink pixels plus some tweaks in minor details and make additional liveries.
Aside from that I am making a new ES64F4 with sooo many liveries from DB to ERS Vincent Van Gogh. Expect a Traxx DE too :wink:

Hope I can finish this weekend or next, Uni is very demanding these months
Fromerly known as Alon
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Emperor Jake wrote: 21 Nov 2014 13:40 So if the new Eurostar's going to be travelling to Amsterdam, surely it should be considered for inclusion in this set? It could be a simple recolour and slight modification of the ICE3. :P
Thanks for the tip. I included it in the Dutch Trainset Add-on, along with some other stuff. Given precedent it should be in the Dutch Trainset nightlies relatively quickly.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Erato wrote: 16 Feb 2021 16:43
Emperor Jake wrote: 21 Nov 2014 13:40 So if the new Eurostar's going to be travelling to Amsterdam, surely it should be considered for inclusion in this set? It could be a simple recolour and slight modification of the ICE3. :P
Thanks for the tip. I included it in the Dutch Trainset Add-on, along with some other stuff. Given precedent it should be in the Dutch Trainset nightlies relatively quickly.
I'll see what I can do, I'm not that active around here anymore so no promises on timeline or anything, but the changes you included in the last version are some I would like to have in the Dutch Trainset (Eurostar, IC Berlin and Nightjet wagons).

What did you change with the Thalys that they are now as new trains? And are there any other changes I need to be aware of?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Transportman wrote: 26 Feb 2021 21:14
Erato wrote: 16 Feb 2021 16:43
I'll see what I can do, I'm not that active around here anymore so no promises on timeline or anything, but the changes you included in the last version are some I would like to have in the Dutch Trainset (Eurostar, IC Berlin and Nightjet wagons).

What did you change with the Thalys that they are now as new trains? And are there any other changes I need to be aware of?
With a bit of a delay, I included the new vehicles and liveries, the new version is available from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchtra ... v7770-335/. It is not compatible with older versions due to the changed TGV length and it will have a new NewGRFID, which will allow me to upload a new version to BaNaNaS so everyone can get the new version easily.

Please test and if there are any issues, send me a message. My plan is to upload a version to BaNaNaS next weekend.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Transportman wrote: 10 Apr 2021 14:13 Please test and if there are any issues, send me a message. My plan is to upload a version to BaNaNaS next weekend.
And done, it is on BaNaNaS now as Dutch Trainset 3XL.
isaacrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by isaacrdc »

Alignment issues in TGV Thalys all liveries of PBA an PBKA, so far it only occurs when the trains are facing NW and NE directions

curious why you didn't choose to make it as separate vehicles, you haven't considered maybe someone will make the special liveries (eg. Fortis Bank, Tour de France) specific for PBA and PBKA versions that will behave like the special liveries from IRMs and ICMs

edit: this should be a message i think, im sorry i already posted this reply before reading your note
Attachments
Drunnford Transport, 2030-10-16.png
(180.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Fromerly known as Alon
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

isaacrdc wrote: 26 Apr 2021 11:28 Alignment issues in TGV Thalys all liveries of PBA an PBKA, so far it only occurs when the trains are facing NW and NE directions

curious why you didn't choose to make it as separate vehicles, you haven't considered maybe someone will make the special liveries (eg. Fortis Bank, Tour de France) specific for PBA and PBKA versions that will behave like the special liveries from IRMs and ICMs

edit: this should be a message i think, im sorry i already posted this reply before reading your note
Thanks for the report, I'll try to check this weekend, but if it only occurs in the NW and NE directions, it might be an issue in the graphics file, and I have to ask Erato to fix that.

Reason to not make it separate vehicles, is that the trains are statistics-wise the same in the code, it is only a graphical difference. If someone adds special liveries, it will just be another livery on the common train.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

isaacrdc wrote: 26 Apr 2021 11:28 Alignment issues in TGV Thalys all liveries of PBA an PBKA, so far it only occurs when the trains are facing NW and NE directions

Could you try again with the version from http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchtra ... v7792-338/? The problem was that I was using the template for vehicles with length 8 instead of 6 for the coaches. If that solves the error, I will put it on BaNaNaS in the near future.
Nyrill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nyrill »

I have a not so simple question can all Dutch graphic sets be bundeled into 1 up to date grfpack ?
With the options given to disable some features if not wanted.

This question is becouse i dont have enouf places to put all wanted newgrf in het same game.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Nyrill wrote: 28 Jun 2021 09:44 I have a not so simple question can all Dutch graphic sets be bundeled into 1 up to date grfpack ?
Sadly no, this is because items in a GRF have a certain ID-number and there are only a limited number of IDs possible within a single GRF.
(also in some cases different coding types are used, NML or NFO and its not easy to combine those)
This question is becouse i dont have enouf places to put all wanted newgrf in het same game.
I dont know how many GRF-slots there are in the "vanilla" game right now, but I know there is a huge amount (255) for example in the JGR-patchpack:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73469
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Quast65 wrote: 28 Jun 2021 10:35 I dont know how many GRF-slots there are in the "vanilla" game right now...
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

I saw in the Dutch Trainset the fictional HS-2 locomotive and the corresponding Double-decker Carriage HS-DD. The locomotive looks similar to the default AsiaStar, so I would expect that the carriages come in between two power cars. OpenTTD 1.11.2 doesn't allow me to do so: I can only place the carriages after the double-headed HS-2 locomotive. Was this intentional, or did I find a bug here?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

RailwAI wrote: 06 Aug 2021 14:02 I saw in the Dutch Trainset the fictional HS-2 locomotive and the corresponding Double-decker Carriage HS-DD. The locomotive looks similar to the default AsiaStar, so I would expect that the carriages come in between two power cars. OpenTTD 1.11.2 doesn't allow me to do so: I can only place the carriages after the double-headed HS-2 locomotive. Was this intentional, or did I find a bug here?
It was intentional, the HS-2 was imagined as a locomotive, not an EMU with front and rear heads.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
lange
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lange »

How do the multisystem engines work?
I can use them on 25 kV AC lines, but I am not able to use them on 1,5 kV DC lines.
What should I do, when I want to use them on 1,5 kV DC lines?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

lange wrote: 22 Nov 2021 19:51 How do the multisystem engines work?
I can use them on 25 kV AC lines, but I am not able to use them on 1,5 kV DC lines.
What should I do, when I want to use them on 1,5 kV DC lines?
Which NewGRFs do you have loaded? I assume the Dutch Trainset and Trackset, and that combination should be able to have multisystem trains run on those tracks.

Return to “Graphics Development”