Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Well, It seems I am first with replying... I'll still have to find out if GRFMaker under Wine will support all features (getting in new sprites will probably fail, unless I place them at exactly the same spot in the BMP...), but I'll like to give it a try.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I PM'ed the filez to you.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

I don't know if you want two persons to do the job? If you do, we of course should then communicate who does which part of the job. Anyway, I don't know if I can be of much help since the next period I am supposed to do a lot of work on my study, but maybe I could use my travel-time (no time-travel, unfortunately Dutch trains have an average speed of ~zero) for this project.

I have read the last page of the GRFmaker thread, and this thread. I believe there are no manuals and I assume you (=Purno) have an exe for me, which I can try on pcx files - how does this program work, or is it (somehow) self-explanatory?

I think these questions fit in this thread because they help the development of this set. Otherwise, I can try to find a more appropriate place to post.

Maybe you can start with sending me some files? I can then start figuring out how it works (hopefully).
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Two people on the job is probably quite unhandy. And if you have to spend quite some time on your studies...

You should be able to find GRFMaker in the GRFMaker topic to try it out.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

Purno wrote:Two people on the job is probably quite unhandy.
I already had such a feeling, and I'm happy someone else volunteered.

BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I'll start replacing the vehs today from here (this Win XP-machine at my parent's place will have no troubles with that). The alignment will follow later, that's something I can also do from my own (now temporarily stand-alone) Ubuntu-machine.

[EDIT]Purno, I think some files are missing. For example, I can't see the toolbar and menu icons (or should I have an original of GRFMaker and overwrite the EXE with the one you supplied). Nor can I open most of the Image blocks (the regular image blocks won't open)[/EDIT]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:[EDIT]Purno, I think some files are missing. For example, I can't see the toolbar and menu icons (or should I have an original of GRFMaker and overwrite the EXE with the one you supplied).
I can't remember I had to overwrite it, but I guess it's worth a try. If it still doesn't work I'll just zip up my whole GRFMaker directory.
Nor can I open most of the Image blocks (the regular image blocks won't open)[/EDIT]
Sounds like an error in GRFMaker, all images should be included, and it's 0.0000001% possibly that there is several files are missing (a few would be possible, but still unlikely)
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I think zipping up the whole GRFMaker dir will be the easiest solution... Perhaps that will fix the several 'Can't find file'-errors...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's too big to upload now (5MB+). Please contact me via MSN (see profile)
Image Image
dante
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dante »

i hope the set will come out soon! looking forward to it :D keep up the good work :)
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Well, I'm watching the .lst at the moment (I'm aligning what needs to be aligned), and for as far as I can say, it will probably be soon that we release an alpha. But, the Team will have to agree before we release one, of course...

We'll release the set, when we'll release it :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Alligning and some sprite replacement are the only things left to do (unless Paffy is unsatisfied with some code, perhaps). It's not the amount of work which holds up the project, but the amount of spare time people want to invest.

ATM we're quite unable to mention any release date.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Not even want to invest. Can invest.
Melfice
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Melfice »

Besides, these people working on it are amateurs*.
They're not doing it for money. They do it to cater to people's needs, all selflessly (Well... and because they want it).

Having said that, I think they're making expert times on this, considering the amount of time they can invest and all the work that has to be done.

I applaud you, Dutch Trainset Team!

*:
am·a·teur /ˈæməˌtʃʊər, -tʃər, -tər, ˌæməˈtɜr/ Spelled Pronunciation: [am-uh-choor, -cher, -ter, am-uh-tur]
noun
1. a person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons. Compare professional.
2. an athlete who has never competed for payment or for a monetary prize.
3. a person inexperienced or unskilled in a particular activity: Hunting lions is not for amateurs.
4. a person who admires something; devotee; fan: an amateur of the cinema.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Melfice wrote:Hunting lions is not for amateurs.
My lively imagination made me with this statement laugh really hard. :lol:

Still I think (hope) this set will be completed early this year. :) I got my faith! :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

All I can and will say is that we're closer to a release now than we've ever been. But that's the same situation we were in half a year ago.
Image Image
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

And I remember you said that (sort of) phrase back then too, wasn't it? :D Seems like exponential decay.

Edit after some research:
Purno wrote:Someday, there WILL be a release. In fact, we're closer to a release now than we have ever been.
Indeed, on 23-12-07

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, that means we're making progress. ;)
Image Image
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

This is quite relevant to my interests gentlemen... Keep up your good work I'd say!
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Hi Guy's,

How are things now day's?

I'm still very intrested in this set! So I hope for a quick release... Maybe April 2008 is duable??? :lol:

No serieus, How are things?

Greetz and you all doin' a fine, very fine job!!!

Hoontje 8)
Oh wauw! :bow:

Return to “Graphics Development”