Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It's been a long long time since I was in the Netherlands but as I recall, these look pretty good.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

top_cat19 wrote:I'm no critic but the Engines look like cars! 8)
they are... you can actually sit in the engine and it'll look like a wagon...
most dutch trains have engines under every wagon, theý're quite small, but many of them
Everything is relative
top_cat19
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by top_cat19 »

Petae wrote:
top_cat19 wrote:I'm no critic but the Engines look like cars! 8)
they are... you can actually sit in the engine and it'll look like a wagon...
most dutch trains have engines under every wagon, theý're quite small, but many of them
Nice, cool, wow!!! :lol:
Currently Playing: Image
My forums: My Forums
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hmm I dont mind improving it, no in fact I think they will lokk better with bigger windows, and the nose, well ehm its hard, becouse the nose get a bit to long if I make it less triangular :(. But I make one condition, before I publish any more pics, or grf files:
Topcat I understand that they dont want to ban you, but onemore usseless responce and I stop making this public, I'm realy realy irretated by all useless spam in the world, and you are one of the top creators of it
way2good
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by way2good »

BTW i haven´t followed the topic closely, but should the train graphics like in SCR33.png should not be like you would look it from same height as the train is. It should be from upper view.

-Just my opinion

-Other spites look great
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Colonel Sheperd »

Petae wrote:little OT but did ns introduced a new design for their trains a while ago?
Yes, the new version of the "Sprinter".
@broodje: Nice work! Keep em' comin' !!
And maybe use the random livery so you can use commercials for Martin Air on the "Koploper"
And if anyone needs pictures of Dutch or other European trains, go here.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

We should cetainly use random livery. A lot of locomotives also changed livery over time, is it possible to use that too?
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hmm there is a bit of a problem: Max Payne 2 :(, it consuming a lot of time this weekend :P. I'm gone try the new windows first, btw does someone now if the hondekop looked diferend as PLAN-V exept the panthograaf an the colour? otherwise I only paint it in a diferned colour, and dinges (or someone else who is willing to make some nfo files) can give it diferend specs.

btw, way to good, how do you mean? you think there should be more roof visible? I made it as big as the roofs from the original ttd are, I don't know I think the roof is placed good, but maybe the windows should be a bit lower.
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

wee, I made a GRF from it, looks great broodje, only I need some statistics to complete it. :P
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

oke the specs are found, they are on http://www.nedrail1435.nl/
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris 'Awkward' McKenna »

Arathorn wrote:We should cetainly use random livery. A lot of locomotives also changed livery over time, is it possible to use that too?
I don't know how to do it, but they are planning to do that for the BR-set to show teh livery changes after privatisation in the mid 90s.

Chris
Anything can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit
--Author Unknown
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hmm oke, a new update :P, I made the windows bigger, but I'm not sure yet, I think they look better but I dont get the look diferend as way2good said, I'm not sure why, I tried all sort of things, but they all end up looking ridiculus :(.
BTW I made a smal mistake :P, the 2 part train is plan-V and the 4 part is plan-T, so I just made the train from the hague to hoorn, wich consist of plan-v and T

anyway, the trains are way to short, so I could try to get 2 wagons act as one, I only paint them way to long, so they are a bit on top of eachother :P, I think it will look weird in the corners, but at the otherhand, the doubledeckers look even more weird now :P, as far as I.

Anyway, can these graphics also be used for plan-U (who thought up those stupid names) or do they look difrend?

/edit
oke, I found one stupid error, and it took me some time to see it :p, the train was much to low, eg it was driving on the grass instead of on the rails, I've changed Yrel a bit and now it drives on the rails :P

btw I changed the nse aswell, can you see that? /me cant :P, but it should be a bit steeper is it better or not?
Attachments
SCR5.png
SCR5.png (95.33 KiB) Viewed 11361 times
SCR4.png
SCR4.png (35.06 KiB) Viewed 11358 times
SCR3.png
SCR3.png (35.26 KiB) Viewed 11357 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The last picture looks OK, but in the others the train seems way way too small.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I too think you should make the wagons a little longer. The windows might look better then and you can add a door to the front-wagons. Now they only have doors on one side.
About the ridiculus naming: Plan T was the 'Trein van de Toekomst' (Train of the Future). But I'm not sure that really is the reasoning behind it. What I forgot to research last time are pulled carriages for human transport :wink: . It would be neat to have 'stalen D's' and 'Plan W' carriages. The stalen D's (steel D's) made beautiful pairs with 1100 locomotives, both in a beautiful colour creme-blue. It would be eyecandy to have them on your tracks. I'll try to find a pic soon.
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

I'm going to finish plan V and P today, but does anybody know how much hp 700kW is :?:
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hyronymous,
I might be completly wrong, but as far as I know the max distance between railcars (the first pixel of each car) is 32, so I cant make them longer, becouse they will overlap, so you cant see that I made them longer then. So the only way to make them longer would be to use 2cars to resemble one wagon and that looks realy strange when going trough the corners. I shall see what I can do, but I dont think it will work out (btw they are as big as the wagons in the db set :))
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

kW times 1.6 = HP
Everything is relative
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

kw times 1.33 = hp...
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

1kW = 1.341022038hp
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

...oh... :D
Everything is relative

Return to “Graphics Development”