Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Well, guys, aligning is making good progress now, at least IMO... I sent Purno the latest version of the Projects-folder, so he can judge the alignment (I've got some doubts for the \ views...)
But, for the alignment, all MU's until the Regiorunner are aligned now, the rest will be done ASAP.

For the replacement of sprites, I've got some troubles with GRFMaker under Wine, but I'll do those sprites at my Parent's place. They still got Windows, so GRFMaker shouldn't bug there...

Does someone know if there is a Linux Native version of GRFMaker available somewhere? Or should I just try to compile the source and see what happens?
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

GrfMaker is Windows only. In theory the Borland Kylix product (abandoned) might be able to compile it for linux, but I doubt it.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Good work, Paffy!
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

GRFMaker works under Wine to some degree. Worked quite well, albeit a little slower than in Windows last time I used it.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Wow its been a while since i have been around here, but i surely hope for my pleasure you can make my traintrips a lot more pleasurable with the release of this set. As you know I play this game always when i am in the train, and getting comments from conductors or passenger about this game is really funny, lets hope it gets funnier when we have the dutch trainset around as well!

Regards
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

This week I finished the alignment of the MU's, and I've aligned the Local Passenger Coach. Further, I haven't done much work this week (you know, that kinda 4-day-party here called Carnaval...:p)

Also, my site needed a lot of upgrading, which had just a little higher priority than the set (sorry...). But, from next week, I'll be able to invest some more time in the Set.

Purno, this is why I haven't send you an update for this week...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ok, have fun Carnavalling, and keep us informed :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:Ok, have fun Carnavalling, and keep us informed :))
Today is Ash Wednesday, which means Carnival is over ;)
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well back to coding then! :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

So, what's the progress?

(Yes it's me asking it, not a fan but a developer)
Image Image
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Purno wrote:So, what's the progress?

(Yes it's me asking it, not a fan but a developer)

That doesn't say something good about the development.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, it only says I have no clue what the development is.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Just aligning more and more sprites (reached the NS 1300 atm), and I have these comments for you, Purno:
  • For the DDAR (Double Deck Coach): Is it possible (certainly in a 1600-pulled consist) to make the last coach a mDDm (Double Deck Loco)? This way our DD's are the same as these in Holland... For the code, I saw it was possible (Plan W liv1 and ICR Passenger Coaches both have a different last coach)
  • For the NS 1200: It's got two liveries with crashnoses, a blue one and a grey one, only the blue one is not used in-game, and also not assigned to the VehID. Is it perhaps an idea to introduce a Random Livery for the both Crashnose-liveries, which both come in-game in 1978 according to the Infosheet?
I can make the neccesary code changes for both during the Alignment-work.

Oh yeah, all the disabled sprite sets won't be aligned IMO... Kinda useless... I hope you agree...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:Just aligning more and more sprites (reached the NS 1300 atm), and I have these comments for you, Purno:
  • For the DDAR (Double Deck Coach): Is it possible (certainly in a 1600-pulled consist) to make the last coach a mDDm (Double Deck Loco)? This way our DD's are the same as these in Holland... For the code, I saw it was possible (Plan W liv1 and ICR Passenger Coaches both have a different last coach)
A combination with a 1600 pulled train and a mDDm (the single deck DD locomotive) sounds highly unrealistic. You probaly mean the DD-AR double deck trailer unit ("stuurstand"). This is possible. If you do understand some stuff about the code, the 11.8 explains how to give the last car a different graphic, and there's several examples which show how to define a graphic only if the train got a specific length.
[*]For the NS 1200: It's got two liveries with crashnoses, a blue one and a grey one, only the blue one is not used in-game, and also not assigned to the VehID. Is it perhaps an idea to introduce a Random Livery for the both Crashnose-liveries, which both come in-game in 1978 according to the Infosheet?[/list]
You probably mean the NS 1100. Point is, the crashnose sprites are 7/8 long, while those without crashnose are 6/8 long. I couldn't figure out how to code that, dependant on year.
Sure, it'll only improve the set.
Oh yeah, all the disabled sprite sets won't be aligned IMO... Kinda useless... I hope you agree...
Of course. That'd be überuseless.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:
Paffy Duck wrote:Just aligning more and more sprites (reached the NS 1300 atm), and I have these comments for you, Purno:
A combination with a 1600 pulled train and a mDDm (the single deck DD locomotive) sounds highly unrealistic. You probaly mean the DD-AR double deck trailer unit ("stuurstand"). This is possible. If you do understand some stuff about the code, the 11.8 explains how to give the last car a different graphic, and there's several examples which show how to define a graphic only if the train got a specific length.
That's what I mean, but only the graphics for the DDAR-trailer are not here... I'll make them when the alignment is done...
Purno wrote:
[*]For the NS 1200: It's got two liveries with crashnoses, a blue one and a grey one, only the blue one is not used in-game, and also not assigned to the VehID. Is it perhaps an idea to introduce a Random Livery for the both Crashnose-liveries, which both come in-game in 1978 according to the Infosheet?[/list]
You probably mean the NS 1100. Point is, the crashnose sprites are 7/8 long, while those without crashnose are 6/8 long. I couldn't figure out how to code that, dependant on year.
According to the code, the grey crashnose is used in-game from somewhat near '78. Instead of using that sprite directly, which is coded 7/8 if I am right, we could use a Random Livery-sprite as sprites to use...
Purno wrote:
Sure, it'll only improve the set.
Of course. That'd be überuseless.
[/quote]
OK, I'll do the fixes ASAP, right after the Alignment-fixes. I've already added them to the TODO-list in the GRF...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:That's what I mean, but only the graphics for the DDAR-trailer are not here... I'll make them when the alignment is done...
But you do have the sprites somewhere, don't you? If not, I can send you the whole sprite folder, but it's a mess and some things might be outdates. Besides, you still might have to reorder some sprite and convert them to the correct palette.
According to the code, the grey crashnose is used in-game from somewhat near '78. Instead of using that sprite directly, which is coded 7/8 if I am right, we could use a Random Livery-sprite as sprites to use...
For years, refer to the infosheet, not the code.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:
Paffy Duck wrote:That's what I mean, but only the graphics for the DDAR-trailer are not here... I'll make them when the alignment is done...
But you do have the sprites somewhere, don't you? If not, I can send you the whole sprite folder, but it's a mess and some things might be outdates. Besides, you still might have to reorder some sprite and convert them to the correct palette.
I found the DDAR-Trailer somewhere between the mDDm-sprites. There's no need to redraw them, so that saves up some work.
Purno wrote:
For years, refer to the infosheet, not the code.
[/quote]
Both the Infosheet as the Variable Graphics Line in the code, mention the Grey Crashnose Livery to begin in '78. The Sheet also mentions the Blue Crashnose to start at '78, both without a year they get out-of-service.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

that would be ending late 80's, i presume. perhaps even half, as in '85.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Dunno... For the Engines (not the MUs) no Ending Year has been added to the Infosheet... Lifetimes have been set, but no year where they really get out of service... But, as far as I know, some of those Engines (like the 1200) are still in use, only not by NS, but for example by Vos Logistics when I'm right. Also, lot of Engines are now used by Railion, but those liveries are already in the Limited Edition, which is not released yet.

But, aligning is making progress... I should say, if the Team agrees, that we get an Alpha out as soon as the alignment has been done. I think this would be somewhere in March that I'd be ready with aligning (and probably some sprite replacements)

Those Sprite Replacements and my suggestions above can also be implemented in a second Alpha (or perhaps a Beta) IMO...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

If allignment is completely finished, I guess an Alpha could be released indeed.
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”