Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset v2.0 being developed

Post by Transportman »

Erato wrote: 03 Mar 2020 10:53
Alon wrote: 02 Mar 2020 04:06 Reworked Sprites for Vectron
This is really cool. Mind if I put these in the Dutch trainset addon? It might be a while until the Dutch trainset is updated.
I'll try to add them this weekend, although it would help if the properties themselves are already listed.
@Developers of the Dutch trainset, when it is updated, could you make sure to update the ICNG to be a realistic size. I updated the addon, as I learned that the ICNG is actually pretty short.
Already fixed, if the Vectron is in, I would like to create another release.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
isaacrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by isaacrdc »

There is a autocoloring mistake at DB Schenker livery when applying the palette. Turns out it assigned pink rather than light red.
Also some Vectron in NL config have maximum speed of 200 km/h.
Attachments
Drindwood Transport, Jan 19th, 2014.png
(67.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Fromerly known as Alon
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Alon wrote: 06 Mar 2020 10:29 There is a autocoloring mistake at DB Schenker livery when applying the palette. Turns out it assigned pink rather than light red.
I presume this is for the Dutch Trainset Addon. Basically if I don't change it, it assigns the animated red instead. I'm insufficiently knowledgeable about how GIMP works to avoid this. Perhaps Transportman can fix this somehow.

And I don't think there's anywhere in the Netherlands where it can do 200kmh
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Erato wrote: 06 Mar 2020 14:44
Alon wrote: 06 Mar 2020 10:29 There is a autocoloring mistake at DB Schenker livery when applying the palette. Turns out it assigned pink rather than light red.
I presume this is for the Dutch Trainset Addon. Basically if I don't change it, it assigns the animated red instead. I'm insufficiently knowledgeable about how GIMP works to avoid this. Perhaps Transportman can fix this somehow.

And I don't think there's anywhere in the Netherlands where it can do 200kmh
Nope, I also don't know how to fix it. It has been years since I did some graphics stuff (retemplating this set actually), but I don't recall how to do stuff with the palettes.
@Voyager One: Can you help us out here?

Current build is available from here. I sticked to the 160 km/h as that is the allowed speed in the Netherlands for this locomotive. I also found some power numbers for the different traction systems (from the German Wikipedia), so that is also in.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
isaacrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by isaacrdc »

Erato wrote: 06 Mar 2020 14:44
I think you applied the Windows Palette. I used DOS palette when converting/testing, and the colors are okay. I think you should try DOS palette when converting, since it has many color options.
Fromerly known as Alon
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

@Voyager One: Can you help us out here?
Sorry guys, I have no clue how it was done back then...

... and I haven't drawn any graphics for years now, I sincerely don't remember anything about these palettes.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Rudolfph
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rudolfph »

Transportman wrote: 07 Mar 2020 11:41 Current build is available from here. I sticked to the 160 km/h as that is the allowed speed in the Netherlands for this locomotive. I also found some power numbers for the different traction systems (from the German Wikipedia), so that is also in.
Actually, Vectron is only allowed 100 km/h, due to it's axle load (22.5 metric tons). Maybe it is allowed 120 km/h on Betuweroute, and I don't think it is certified at all for highspeed lines. The 100 km/h might change in the future, but that will most likely be for certrain lines only.

That pops up some questions about the game:
- Is it possible for trains to have different maximum speeds on different sorts of tracks, but lower than the maximum speed of that particular sort of track? For example: I would like to run Vectron only 100 km/h on 1500V DC lines and 120 km/u on Betuweroute lines.
- Is it possible to limit the maximum speed of a particuler stretch of track? In reality not all lines have the same maximum speed, 160 km/h on 1500V DC lines like in the game exists only on a few lines in reality, and most trains run only 140 km/h on those lines as well. 130 and 140 km/h are much more common, but lower limits exist too.
- Is it possible to limit the maximum speed of a particulier train (engine, multiple unit, carriage) in game. For example: NS 1200 was allowed 135 km/h in the past, but is only allowed 120 km/h now (I don't know why it is 151 km/h in the game).
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Rudolfph wrote: 14 Mar 2020 16:13
Transportman wrote: 07 Mar 2020 11:41 Current build is available from here. I sticked to the 160 km/h as that is the allowed speed in the Netherlands for this locomotive. I also found some power numbers for the different traction systems (from the German Wikipedia), so that is also in.
Actually, Vectron is only allowed 100 km/h, due to it's axle load (22.5 metric tons). Maybe it is allowed 120 km/h on Betuweroute, and I don't think it is certified at all for highspeed lines. The 100 km/h might change in the future, but that will most likely be for certrain lines only.
I could only find the 160, but it might well be the theoretical max speed I found, not accounting for regulations and stuff.
That pops up some questions about the game:
- Is it possible for trains to have different maximum speeds on different sorts of tracks, but lower than the maximum speed of that particular sort of track? For example: I would like to run Vectron only 100 km/h on 1500V DC lines and 120 km/u on Betuweroute lines.
- Is it possible to limit the maximum speed of a particuler stretch of track? In reality not all lines have the same maximum speed, 160 km/h on 1500V DC lines like in the game exists only on a few lines in reality, and most trains run only 140 km/h on those lines as well. 130 and 140 km/h are much more common, but lower limits exist too.
- Is it possible to limit the maximum speed of a particulier train (engine, multiple unit, carriage) in game. For example: NS 1200 was allowed 135 km/h in the past, but is only allowed 120 km/h now (I don't know why it is 151 km/h in the game).
You can put speed limits on specific orders to get that behaviour.
Rudolfph
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rudolfph »

Thank you for your answer about speed limits, just had a look at it, that will help me a lot!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Rudolfph wrote: 14 Mar 2020 16:13 - Is it possible to limit the maximum speed of a particulier train (engine, multiple unit, carriage) in game. For example: NS 1200 was allowed 135 km/h in the past, but is only allowed 120 km/h now (I don't know why it is 151 km/h in the game).
We tried to make rolling stock interesting to use with the workings of (Open) Transport Tycoon Deluxe in mind. That meant we occasionally made changes to properties like speed, capacity and such.
isaacrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by isaacrdc »

I noticed the power output of Vectron is 4773 kW, this should be 6400 kW when running at 25 kV. The values are also wrong when it is on 1.5 kV. Looks like you put 6400 directly without converting them to Imperial (hp) 8582.
Wrong Power Output.png
Wrong Power Output.png (363.87 KiB) Viewed 7194 times
Also Im planning to add liveries for ES64F4 loco.
Fromerly known as Alon
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Alon wrote: 23 Mar 2020 06:58 I noticed the power output of Vectron is 4773 kW, this should be 6400 kW when running at 25 kV. The values are also wrong when it is on 1.5 kV. Looks like you put 6400 directly without converting them to Imperial (hp) 8582.
Wrong Power Output.png

Also Im planning to add liveries for ES64F4 loco.
Thanks for spotting, I fixed it.
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Container wagon date

Post by Yellow Cab »

SciFurz wrote: 05 Dec 2019 15:00 (...) I think it's the best set for cargo equipment but I still like to see more wagon options. (...)
Same! I know it's a long shot, but how about more liveries, for example Takkls. There are pictures of yellow (VAM Potgrond), yellow and green striped (VAM Recycling), orange (Vamora Potaarde) and even a white version (REGAM Gas uit afval)... And let's not forget the blue (VAM 60) and reddish (Essent Milieu) variants. I suppose this applies to more of the cargo cars... would be cool.

Anyway, awesome job. Took me some time to find the most recent alpha, but I have been enjoying playing it since.
Can someone bring me a new pixel? This one 's dead.
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

I was testing my AI against AdmiralAI in OpenTTD 1.10 with some Dutch NewGRFs. In the year 1979 I get the following message about one of the locomotives. Luckily openTTD doesn't seem to crash if I unpase the game.
NS1100.png
NS1100.png (5.8 KiB) Viewed 6461 times
Attachments
Unnamed, 1977-01-25.sav
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

RailwAI wrote: 07 May 2020 15:33 I was testing my AI against AdmiralAI in OpenTTD 1.10 with some Dutch NewGRFs. In the year 1979 I get the following message about one of the locomotives. Luckily openTTD doesn't seem to crash if I unpase the game.
NS1100.png
That wasn't how it was meant to happen, it should change only when being serviced. I don't recall this error to be reported before though.
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

Checking all trains with an NS 1100 locomotive, I don't see any train actually changing length, so it might be a bug outside the NewGRF.
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yellow Cab »

RailwAI wrote: 07 May 2020 15:33 I was testing my AI against AdmiralAI in OpenTTD 1.10 with some Dutch NewGRFs. In the year 1979 I get the following message about one of the locomotives. Luckily openTTD doesn't seem to crash if I unpase the game.
NS1100.png
I've had this error appear quite often, didn't think anything serious of it. Has to do with the adding of the 'botsneus', hasn't it?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

It indeed is a result of adding the "botsneus", but seems to be in OpenTTD itself. The error/warning is triggered when the train reverses after a service in 1979 or later (when the botsneus is added), but the length is not actually changed until the next service. Can you report the error there?
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

Yellow Cab wrote: 05 May 2020 19:38
SciFurz wrote: 05 Dec 2019 15:00 (...) I think it's the best set for cargo equipment but I still like to see more wagon options. (...)
Same! I know it's a long shot, but how about more liveries, for example Takkls. There are pictures of yellow (VAM Potgrond), yellow and green striped (VAM Recycling), orange (Vamora Potaarde) and even a white version (REGAM Gas uit afval)... And let's not forget the blue (VAM 60) and reddish (Essent Milieu) variants. I suppose this applies to more of the cargo cars... would be cool.

Anyway, awesome job. Took me some time to find the most recent alpha, but I have been enjoying playing it since.
Like these? viewtopic.php?p=1227454#p1227454
I added the green-yellow striped, white, and grey versions I'd seen on a quick image search.

The tar file is in the post and a direct replacement (same version number) of the original, if you want to try it. The one I attached here is my latest version which I think has more other changes, but it's been a while since I had time to work on OpenTTD and modding a couple of GRFs, and I'm not sure what I did since then. :-p
dutchtrains-2.1.0.tar
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yellow Cab »

SciFurz wrote: 17 May 2020 06:18 Like these? viewtopic.php?p=1227454#p1227454
I added the green-yellow striped, white, and grey versions I'd seen on a quick image search.
Saw those shortly after I posted this. Great job. Only thing is I play the 2.2.0 alpha, so I don't know if your file will screw that up. Maybe they should be implemented in 2.2.1. :lol:

Return to “Graphics Development”