Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Purno »

Mat 64 is coded. Damn what an annoying thing. It didn't work as well as I hoped. It seems it can only do 2-2-2-2 and 4-4 in 8 car consist, while it *should have* also been able to do 4-2-2 and 2-2-4. Good enough for me for now.

Oh and Bastiaan, could you *please* provide sprites with blue boxes next time? Your Mat 54 has no blue boxes either...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:I'm now stuck with the NS 1000 after I coded the year dependant livery since I don't know what coaches to put behind it.
Plan C, D, E, K, L, N, W and Bolkop coaches.

It also pulled international services:

Don't hesitate to ask for more information, since this set is already in such a far state of process, it would be a shame to drop it!
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Toni Babelony wrote:
Purno wrote:I'm now stuck with the NS 1000 after I coded the year dependant livery since I don't know what coaches to put behind it.
Plan C, D, E, K, L, N, W and Bolkop coaches.

It also pulled international services:
Nice.
Don't hesitate to ask for more information, since this set is already in such a far state of process, it would be a shame to drop it!
What about years? E.g., what coach was pulled at what years (time period). And please use some names from the InfoSheet as I know nothing about all that old stuff.
Attachments
Dutch Trainset Infosheet v0.95a.xls
(729.5 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

The 'Bolkop' coaches would be the ABCd7300 ones. I don't know when these were put out of service...

These are the data for the NS 1000. The years in italic are the last service years for the coaches them self!
Plan D & C = 1954 - end 1978 (D = pass. C = mail.)
Plan E & L = end 1954 - 1981 (1988) (E = pass. L = mail)
Plan W = 1966 - 1981 (end 2003)
Plan K & N = 1954 & 1958 - 1981 (1984) (both international coaches)

http://www.martijnhaman.nl/ ;)

P.s. Any chance of putting these beasts in the set?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Toni Babelony wrote:The 'Bolkop' coaches would be the ABCd7300 ones. I don't know when these were put out of service...

These are the data for the NS 1000. The years in italic are the last service years for the coaches them self!
Plan D & C = 1954 - end 1978 (D = pass. C = mail.)
Plan E & L = end 1954 - 1981 (1988) (E = pass. L = mail)
Plan W = 1966 - 1981 (end 2003)
Plan K & N = 1954 & 1958 - 1981 (1984) (both international coaches)

http://www.martijnhaman.nl/ ;)
Looks a bit more complicated. It seems if I want to do it perfect I gotta randomize between D&E till 1978 and then pick E after 1978 and then gotta code something with Plan W coaches and ... BLEH. Makes it too complicated.

Could you simply make something which goes:
Coach 1 : Year A to Year B
Coach 2 : Year B to Year C
Even though it's not überrealistic? :tongue:

And why are you mentioning Plan K & N? Are those listed in the InfoSheet? (I asked you to use names from the InfoSheet. We left some coaches out (can't add everything). ;)
Looks like the DE-V Mat '41. Perhaps you can check the InfoSheet wether this train is assigned to VehID 30.

I appreciate your help, but it'd be nice if you use the InfoSheet to help us out. ;)
Image Image
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:And why are you mentioning Plan K & N? Are those listed in the InfoSheet? (I asked you to use names from the InfoSheet. We left some coaches out (can't add everything). ;)
Sur, you're the one who's coding. It's not supposed to be süperüberrealistic, as long as the years are a bit correct...
http://www.mkmodelbouwstudio.nl/fot-DE5.jpg
Looks like the DE-V Mat '41. Perhaps you can check the InfoSheet wether this train is assigned to VehID 30.
*Slams head into desk*
I appreciate your help, but it'd be nice if you use the InfoSheet to help us out. ;)
You're welcome, I'm sorry I kinda ignored the list!

I thought the Plan K & N were in the planning somewhere. Ah well, they weren't that numerous anyway.

Methinks for the NS 1000 using only the Plan D & C coaches would be the best option. They were designed for the NS 1000 and have the most attractive look to go with the NS 1000... Maybe after 1970 or so you could apply the Plan W coaches. The Plan E & L coaches would be more appropriate with the NS 1100 and 1300 (after 1966 to use Plan W)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Toni Babelony wrote:
Purno wrote:And why are you mentioning Plan K & N? Are those listed in the InfoSheet? (I asked you to use names from the InfoSheet. We left some coaches out (can't add everything). ;)
Sur, you're the one who's coding. It's not supposed to be süperüberrealistic, as long as the years are a bit correct...
Exactly. Points are I know nothing about these oldish trains and I'm kinda loosing overview of the whole thing. (Consider 3 folders full of sprites, a few sprite files per train, 116 VehIDs, 5 to about 50 lines of code per vehID, 1 to 20 sprite blocks per vehID, 8 sprites per block excluding depot sprites, a spreadsheet with 4 tabs, different versions of the sprites, at least 5 people involved in the set, etc etc.) ?(
I thought the Plan K & N were in the planning somewhere. Ah well, they weren't that numerous anyway.
Can't remember TBH.
Methinks for the NS 1000 using only the Plan D & C coaches would be the best option. They were designed for the NS 1000 and have the most attractive look to go with the NS 1000... Maybe after 1970 or so you could apply the Plan W coaches. The Plan E & L coaches would be more appropriate with the NS 1100 and 1300 (after 1966 to use Plan W)
Nice. Now ehm... could you put that in a nice and clear schema? :]
Image Image
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:
Nice. Now ehm... could you put that in a nice and clear schema? :]
NS 1000:
1948 - 1950 only freight service
Plan D & C = 1950 - 1974
Plan W = 1974 - 1981

NS 1100:
Plan D & C = 1950 - 1954
Plan E & L = 1954 - 1970
Plan E & L (with advertising stripes) = 1970 - 1985 (after 1981 = 1100 with 'botsneus')
ICR = 1985 - 1999 (1100 to NS yellow with 'botsneus')

NS 1200:
Plan D & C = 1952 - 1974
Plan W = 1974 - 1989 (1200 to NS yellow)
ICR = 1989 - 1998

NS 1300:
Plan D & C = 1953 -1966
Plan W = 1966 - 1980 (after 1972 1300 to NS yellow)
ICR = 1980 - 2000

NS 1400:
wahahahahaaa

NS 1500:
Plan W = 1970 - 1980
ICR = 1980 - 1986

Phew... If anyone cares to correct me, please do!

P.s. added color scheme changes for some engines.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice, but we got several liveries of some coaches, like Plan W. Could you tell me what livery to take when?

(If you want, I can send you the whole sprites folder).
Image Image
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:Nice, but we got several liveries of some coaches, like Plan W. Could you tell me what livery to take when?

Please do. You can send it to my email address.

Plan W:
1966 - 1981 Dark Blue
1981 - 1996 NS ICR
Also:
1973 - 1987 Benelux (together with NMBS 25.5 engine)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Toni Babelony wrote:
Purno wrote:Nice, but we got several liveries of some coaches, like Plan W. Could you tell me what livery to take when?

Please do. You can send it to my email address.
Done.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

[quote="Purno]
Paffy Duck wrote:Well, I'm not a great coder myself (actually, I'm still trying to get my first coded GRF done), but I'd like to try working on the Dutch Train Set... Just send me the relevant files and I'll see what I can do.
Seems like we could try and having nothing to loose. We code in GRFMaker. If Hyro agrees I (if I have the latest version) send you the complete folder. Coding in GRFMaker is pretty straighforward, and anything complicated already has been done for at least 1 train, so it's merely copying system A from train A and system B from train B to the to-be-coded train C.

EDIT: I just opened up GRFMaker again. This is the status of the trains ATM:
  • Mat 24 needs to be completely redone
  • Mat 34 is finished, works perfectly
  • Mat 40 needs to be completely redone
  • Mat 41 is finished, works perfectly
  • Plan X needs to be redone, railsbus works only
  • Mat 54 needs to be completely redone
  • DE-IV TEE is finished, works perfectly
  • Plan U is finished, works perfectly
  • Mat 64 needs to be completely redone
  • Plan Y Sprinter needs additional code for year-dependant and length-dependant sprites
  • ICM Koploper works perfectly but needs allignment fix
  • DH-I/II Wadloper is finished and works perfectly
  • SM 90 Railhopper is finished and works perfectly
  • DM 90 Buffel is finished and works perfectly
  • IRM Regiorunner needs to be completely redone
  • TGV Thalys is finished and works perfectly
  • ICE-3 needs to be done completely and needs a sprite fix (probably a small graphical job)
  • LINT-41H is finished and works perfectly
  • LighTTrain comment says it's unfinished, but code seems finished on first sight
  • GTW is uncoded, but can be coded using same system as LighTTrain (shorter coaches)
  • NS 1000 needs year dependant livery
  • NS 1100 needs year dependant livery and length code for crashing nose
  • NS 1200 needs year dependant livery
  • NS 1300 needs year dependant livery
  • NS 2600 needs year dependant livery
  • NS 2400 needs year dependant livery
  • NS 2200 needs year dependant livery
  • mP needs year dependant livery
  • NS 1500 needs a profs look about what passenger coaches should be placed behind it
  • NMBS 25.5 needs a profs look about what passenger coaches should be placed behind it
  • NS 1600 only appears in yellow with ICK (so needs cargo dependant/random/year dependant livery for red cargo livery, and a profs look about coaches)
  • NMBS 11.8 is finished and works perfectly
  • NS 6400 needs year dependant livery
  • mDDm is finished and works perfectly
  • Class 67 is finished and works perfectly
  • Class 66 is finished and works perfectly (uses random livery)
  • BR232 is finished and works perfectly
  • Class 58 is finished and works perfectly (uses random livery)
  • G1206 is finished and works perfectly (uses random livery), though allignment could need a fix
  • NS 1600P needs work (commented)
  • G2000 needs random livery
  • NS 100 needs another vehID assigned to it. Works perfectly.
  • NS 200 needs another vehID assigned to it and needs a year dependant livery.
  • NS 3700 needs a tender and NS 3800 code
  • NS 6200 needs prof's look about wagons
  • NS 2100 needs prof's look about wagons, allignment fix. Tender works.
  • NS 4600 needs prof's look about wagons and a tender
  • NS 3900 needs prof's look about wagons and a tender
  • NS 6300 needs prof's look about wagons
  • NS 4700 needs prof's look about wagons and a tender
  • NS 5000-II needs prof's look about wagons and a tender
Futhermore some code on wagons. As you can see, the missing stuff has already been coded for at least one engine, so it's just copying the system. Another problem is that we need to know what passenger carriages were attached to specific (older) engines.

Oh, comments rule! Another thing that needs to be done:
  • Keep comments up-to-date
[/quote]

I'm using Linux (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn) with Wine, so I'll take a look if I can let GRFMaker run under Wine. If that works, you've got yourself a (beginning) coder. Else, would it be possible to use a Notepad-like editor to do the copy-paste-and-slight-edit-commands?

But just as I said, I'm still a beginning coder, so perhaps (especially when the NFO is not commented well enough), I really get back here almost daily for help requests...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:I'm using Linux (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn) with Wine, so I'll take a look if I can let GRFMaker run under Wine. If that works, you've got yourself a (beginning) coder. Else, would it be possible to use a Notepad-like editor to do the copy-paste-and-slight-edit-commands?

But just as I said, I'm still a beginning coder, so perhaps (especially when the NFO is not commented well enough), I really get back here almost daily for help requests...
If you want to code with a Notepad alike thingy you probably will have to code in NFO. Which is, IMO, übercomplicated due it's hexidecimal system. Besides, that'd make me (and others) incapable of helping (since I can't code NFO).

De GRFMaker file itself is well commented IMO.
Image Image
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Nice to hear all the progress what's done!!! 8)

Good luck guy's! :D

Hoontje 8)
Oh wauw! :bow:
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

GRFMaker works under WINE, so I can give the coding a try.
If you want me to help, just send me the data.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'll discuss it with Hyronymus.
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Mat24
Attachments
SCR40.png
SCR40.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voilá, le GTW

Completely alligned. Another train finished :]
Attachments
Noord Veensum Transport, 20th Apr 2010.png
Noord Veensum Transport, 20th Apr 2010.png (37.02 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
Image Image
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Congrats Purno! You've seem to solved the coding problem with that train :D Good Job!

Work is going well again :-) Let's hoop it'll be finished soon...

I Hate sitting still, maybe someone has some tips were I can learn the beginnings of coding and everything? Maybe I'm able to help than!

I love to see this set comes to it's completion!

Greetz,

Hoontje 8)
Oh wauw! :bow:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hoontje wrote:Congrats Purno! You've seem to solved the coding problem with that train :D Good Job!
Work is going well again :-) Let's hoop it'll be finished soon...
Let's hope that indeed.
I Hate sitting still, maybe someone has some tips were I can learn the beginnings of coding and everything? Maybe I'm able to help than!
Coding is easiest in GRFMaker. I'd say you obtain a copy, hunt for a tutorial (I know Jvassie made one once), and try some stuff yourself.
I love to see this set comes to it's completion!
Me too, but there's still a lot of work to do, with the most complicated things remaining. For example, I still need to know what wagons were coupled behind what engines (Toni, made any progress on that schema yet?), plus I still gotta figure out some stuff about animation and tenders. Besides, the cargo wagons are lacking attention.

--

On another note;

Koploper madness!
Hellenschede Transport, 5th Jun 2010.png
Hellenschede Transport, 5th Jun 2010.png (36.69 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Yep, they work AND are properly alligned now. Another train 100% finished.
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”