Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

yes, we do need some more but it's a good start.

now, do we have a graphics artist?

Michel blunk said that we could use his ICE and TGVs, but we can only add them if we have a whole set ready, so we'll have to do the whole set first...
Everything is relative
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Arathorn wrote:Good research!
Thanks. It's tough to find pictures of steam engines. Rather strange for we had quite some special designs.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

ehmm is this anything good? I think the spacing between the wagons should change and I'm trying to make the locomotive now
Attachments
SCR28.png
SCR28.png (79.35 KiB) Viewed 12916 times
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Oh good attempt!

I think the doors should be smaller, and space between the waggons too.
The wagons are slightly too short now.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Looks good! I don't want to be to critical so I'll stick to one thing: they seem to be lower then the locomotive. You picked the colours very right btw!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I agree with al lthe above statements:
Looks good
Colors good
Too short vertically
Too short horizontally
Great progress!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

tnx for the suport :P, I changed the doors a bit, but its hard to get the perspective right :(, anyway, the cars are made on the pasenger cars slot from the original ttd. (thus I edited the trg1r.grf) So i couldnt change the length of the wagon, or the height. the trouble is that I dont know (yet) how to edit the NFO files, so i cant make the space between cars smaller, neither the cars longer.
(curently doing the hard part trying to get the nose of planV in perspective :shock:)

/edit

I can even be more specific, I would be happy if someone could make a nfo file wich specefy the following sizes:

11X30 (this twice for both sides) two times 20X 16 (for the diagonal) and 2x 8x 20 this is only for the pasenger wagons, so I need the smame space for the engine

/edit 2

Hmm o wait you can dublicate the long sides somehow so I only need one space for them :o

/last edit (3)

I added a new pic
Attachments
SCR29.png
SCR29.png (45.88 KiB) Viewed 12860 times
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

oke I changed it to this, there are still some small errors (find them all and you will be the winner :P)

I'm realy proud of this, I hope you like it too :P
Attachments
SCR33.png
SCR33.png (52.32 KiB) Viewed 12840 times
SCR35.png
SCR35.png (52.99 KiB) Viewed 12834 times
SCR34.png
SCR34.png (49.87 KiB) Viewed 12838 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, definitely there's an error in some of the corner track segments... What caused that anyway?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

That's because he was also trying to create lighter ballast.

But the error in the train is that the conductor forgot to close the doors. :shock:
At least it looks a bit like it. Maybe you should use this view in the station where people get out and in the train.
And then ad some doors that will be open (=drawn next to the opening while the train is in the station).
But I must say this train looks realy fantastic. :P
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

I'd love to see my "own" trains ride in TTD!
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hmm Rob, I think the doors are closed.... I mean they are that colour in the real world, I could make the windows a bit lighter, but I dont think it will hel much. (the error are the blue lines, gee why did no one see that :P, they go wrong on the end loco :P)

Btw what do you think of the end of the train if you see it driving away from you? It looks a bit like the blauwe engel, with its round nose, or is that just me?

(btw, the 1100 can be done twice, first withoud the yelow crash box on its nose, and then with the yelow nose)

and in what way does the TEE differ from the DB set TEE?
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hmm no one interested? hmm oke I reply myself with 2 more screenshots, I think its almost finished (could use 1 more view for the top roof in the cfg file, but don know how :P) any way here they are:

ps. rob are the doors better now?

/edit aarg keep forgetting things :P,

what blue lines look better? the one at the last loco, or the ones used on the other cars? I made the blue lines a bit steeper on the last loco, I think it looks better, but I let you choose :P
Attachments
SCR2.png
SCR2.png (51.27 KiB) Viewed 12781 times
SCR1.png
SCR1.png (51.44 KiB) Viewed 12776 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Did you count the real number of windows on the Hondekop? I didn't but I wonder if you did. The windows are way to small btw. They should be higher and start about half the height of the wagon. Other then that you did a great job! The spacing is great.

Edit: and where are the electric equipment? I think you should replace some yellow at the bottom with some black and try to add some 'bogies'. Please note that I'm aware how tough drawing is, I really admire you. Just want to help you make this a perfect model!
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hyronymous, you joker, have you ever extracted a grf file? and did you see how big the pixels are :P, same counts for the windows, I can make them bigger but I can only fit 3 windows, and no windows at the sides of the doors.
btw there are some black pixels under the train, but as you can see they arent realy visible on the dark track.

And last (but not least) I tried to make a pantograph but thats virtualy imposible, becouse I can't get the perspective right :P
(did micheal blunck make pantographs on his trains?((*me takes a look*))

oh btw hyronymus, I hope you can see its a planV or withoud the pasenger cariages a planT and not an hondekop ;), If I make an hondekop I would make it green with a red line :lol:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

broodje wrote:oh btw hyronymus, I hope you can see its a planV or withoud the pasenger cariages a planT and not an hondekop ;), If I make an hondekop I would make it green with a red line :lol:
Wiseguy... I hope you would give the windows a try, you can always make the doors narrower. The Plan V, T and Hondekop aren't really fitted with broad doors. MB didn't make pantographs btw, you wouldn't notice them I think. About extracting grf.files: I made the European Roadset, you remember? :wink: I know what size the pixels are and that why I'm convinced that you can at least have another look at the windows.
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

little OT but did ns introduced a new design for their trains a while ago?
Everything is relative
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

hehe, yeah oke I shall try to take another look at the windows :P, it is hard to get the spacing right, and if I place them one level lower the roofs looks weird :P, but oke I give it a go (dinges just got the exe containing the changes btw, so he might trow it on the web someday)
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I think the front and the back of the train need some more working. They look a little odd now, like a triangle.
top_cat19
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by top_cat19 »

I'm no critic but the Engines look like cars! 8)
Currently Playing: Image
My forums: My Forums

Return to “Graphics Development”