Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Post by TadeuszD »

This thread is the continuation of Polish Trainset (PKP) thread.

The old trainset will no longer be updated. I would introduce the successor of mentioned polish train set - Polish PKP Set 2.0.
This new trainset was developed from the scratch, using NML language. Because the set uses now wagons longer than original, all the sprites were repainted from the scratch too.

The Polish PKP Set 2.0 supports some interesting features:
- The longest wagon is 50% longer than normal OTTD wagon and supports 16 views instead of 8.
- The set checks the brake force. In older times you can not start the train if too many wagons have no brakes. You should use wagons with brakeman's cab,
- The passenger trains in arctic climate needs heating. You need use apropriate engine or special "heating wagon" to protect your passengers from freezing ;) .

The full list of available vehicles you can find in http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/wiki . Intentionally, the Polish PKP Set 2.0 is compatible with FIRS and ECS. If it is not, please report a bug ;) .

Polish PKP Set 2.0.11 is currently available on bananas.
Last edited by TadeuszD on 20 Sep 2015 12:51, edited 3 times in total.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Polish Trainset (PKP)

Post by Kogut »

in v2.0 heating wagon is called "heaing wagon".

"passanger" should be "passenger".

It may be a good idea to link this thread form BaNaNaS instead of http://openttd-polska.pl/Temat-Kolej-Po ... P-Set-v2-0 (typical person using OpenTTD can use English, not Polish, I can but I am not going to register on yet another site).

I hope that default wagons will go away, they clash with newgrf engines - and it seems that this set have industry set support.

@FIRS

I am not sure whatever refrigerated wagon is a good way to transport alcohol.
Livestock carried in "goods wagon" - looks properly, but name is weird.
Recyclables should be probably also allowed to use bulk wagons.

@heating
Maybe a good idea - but haw I may check what is wrong? Is there anywhere displayed amount of energy required and used?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Kogut wrote:in v2.0 heating wagon is called "heaing wagon".
"passanger" should be "passenger".
Thanks. ;)
Kogut wrote:Livestock carried in "goods wagon" - looks properly, but name is weird.
"universal..." or "generic box car" will be better?
Kogut wrote:...haw I may check what is wrong? Is there anywhere displayed amount of energy required and used?
Of course, for engines all required information is displayed. But there is no information about energy required by wagons. Only type of heating system is displayed. You can easy estimate power consumption yourself in the game...
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

TadeuszD wrote:
Kogut wrote:Livestock carried in "goods wagon" - looks properly, but name is weird.
"universal..." or "generic box car" will be better?
It would be less weird, but I would wait for a native speaker. Is there a separate wagon for transporting livestock? BTW, is there any use of trains to transport animals in Poland? I never noticed train like this, but maybe it happens in other regions.
TadeuszD wrote:You can easy estimate power consumption yourself in the game...
For me it counts as mild form as mindless grinding. I would prefer to see this data displayed instead of requiring calculating it over and over again.

Is there any plan to include railbus? For example PESA 21XM? I am not sure about gameplay usability but it would make possible to fully duplicate train operations in my region :)
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Kogut wrote:Is there any plan to include railbus? For example PESA 21XM? I am not sure about gameplay usability but it would make possible to fully duplicate train operations in my region :)
Yes, I plan to include SA-106 (PESA 214M) to the next version of this set. The ID for new vehicle is now reserved.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Russian translation
Attachments
russian.lng
(9.37 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Image Image Image Image
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

George wrote:Russian translation
Thanks! :)
But please verify your translation with lastest version I pushed today to the repository.

Edit:
Something is wrong - nmlc warning: Language file "lang\russian.lng": Language file contains non-utf8 characters. Ignoring (part of) the contents.
Additionally, the grflangid should be set to 0x07 for Russian language...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

TadeuszD wrote:But please verify your translation with lastest version I pushed today to the repository.
Something is wrong - nmlc warning: Language file "lang\russian.lng": Language file contains non-utf8 characters. Ignoring (part of) the contents.
Additionally, the grflangid should be set to 0x07 for Russian language...
ID fixed
Please check if it works now. If not - convert it to UTF-8 with some text editor

I recommend you to install "translation status reports" to find outdated translations
Attachments
russian.lng
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Image Image Image Image
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Now it works. :P NewGRF with Russian translation: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/files

Where and how can I install "translation status report"?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

TadeuszD wrote:Where and how can I install "translation status report"?
It is part of the Makefile system which can be employed to build the set on the DevZone.
I once posted you a sequence of patches which would have made it feasible then to enabled that, and where I specifically pointed out the advantage of the translation status reports. But I got no reply or reaction whatsoever by any of you. Thus I assume(d) you are not interested in any of it; maybe you just don't use the bug tracker and didn't see it. Meanwhile they likely will need some update as many parts of your files ignore case (nml meanwhile handles that rather gracefully) and paths are windows-style with backslashes which breaks building completely on linux.

Translation status doesn't work independently of the makefile - though eints might do a similar thing somewhen in the future without that requirement.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

TadeuszD wrote:- The set checks the brake force. In older times you can not start the train if too many wagons have no brakes. You should use wagons with brakeman's cab,
Interesting idea. I also was thinking about adding it to my set.
BTW, in many parts of Europe, not all the early wagons that did have brakes also had a brakeman's cab; there were wagons with an automatic braking system as early as 1870 (when the Westinghouse system was patented). So, a "braking" wagon would not necessarily need a cab. Don't know whether this was also the case with Polish trains though...
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

TadeuszD wrote:NewGRF with Russian translation: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/files
It is not. All the texts are in English
Image Image Image Image
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

planetmaker wrote:It is part of the Makefile system which can be employed to build the set on the DevZone.
I once posted you a sequence of patches which would have made it feasible then to enabled that, and where I specifically pointed out the advantage of the translation status reports...
Ah! Now I completely understand your request...
I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with make tool at all. I compile NewGRFs using windows batch files. Of course, I can modify backslashes for keeping compatibility with Linux file system, but I will not change the current compiling method. It means there will be not "translation statuses" for this project... :roll:
It is not. All the texts are in English
I downloaded previously uploaded file and it works...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

TadeuszD wrote:
planetmaker wrote:It is part of the Makefile system which can be employed to build the set on the DevZone.
I once posted you a sequence of patches which would have made it feasible then to enabled that, and where I specifically pointed out the advantage of the translation status reports...
I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with make tool at all. I compile NewGRFs using windows batch files. Of course, I can modify backslashes for keeping compatibility with Linux file system, but I will not change the current compiling method. It means there will be not "translation statuses" for this project... :roll:
I also use windows, but with the help of planetmaker it is now possible to have both compilation on win and unix in xUSSR project
I recommend you to ask planetmaker to help you with your bat files to make it possible. He knows how to do it

If necessary, you can use parts of bat files from xUSSR project
Image Image Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

George wrote:
TadeuszD wrote:
I also use windows, but with the help of planetmaker it is now possible to have both compilation on win and unix in xUSSR project
I recommend you to ask planetmaker to help you with your bat files to make it possible. He knows how to do it

If necessary, you can use parts of bat files from xUSSR project
I didn't test, but the patch queue I posted should not break compilation on windows as they modify the bat files where needed (see 020_custom_tags.diff).
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

planetmaker wrote:I didn't test, but the patch queue I posted should not break compilation on windows as they modify the bat files where needed.
Note: I could not compile with you bat file, because tag TITLE is unknown. Looks like something missing.
Image Image Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

George wrote:
planetmaker wrote:I didn't test, but the patch queue I posted should not break compilation on windows as they modify the bat files where needed.
Note: I could not compile with you bat file, because tag TITLE is unknown. Looks like something missing.
Ah, right, thank you. I attached an updated patch queue which should address that issue.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

TadeuszD wrote: - The set checks the brake force. In older times you can not start the train if too many wagons have no brakes. You should use wagons with brakeman's cab [...]
Well, since "braking" isn´t supported by the game (except speed reducement when approaching stations) this seems to be somewhat superfluous.

Mind you that even the very first DBXL set had freight cars with brakeman´s cabs, but there it´s just a graphical illusion, and only for the last car of a consist. Insofar, it´s also far from reality, since usually many cars in a consist would need braking, depending on the weight of the train.

And since adjusting the "braking" feature for trains to RL seems to be over the top (IMO), I even omitted that graphical illusion for coaches at all, simply because of the reason Snail was mentioning.

In general, I don´t think much of features like "braking", "heating", "re-gearing", ..., in case they need player interaction, this is all too much micro-management in an already overburden game.

regards
Michael
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

michael blunck wrote:In general, I don´t think much of features like "braking", "heating", "re-gearing", ..., in case they need player interaction, this is all too much micro-management in an already overburden game.
The most powerful feature of OTTD is that everybody can use your own set of NewGRFs, selected from very long list of all available NewGRFs... My set is dedicated exactly for people which like this micro-management and caring about "heating", "braking", etc. If you don't like this features please use another trainset. ;)

My set is as realistic as it is possible. The braking force is calculated using number of wagons and its weight. Wagons with brakeman's cab are not "graphical illusion" only. They are necessary to run the train. Of course, I use some simplification. For example I don't check the order of wagons. I assume that all wagons have air pipe required by air brake system.
The same method is used for calculating heating system.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

TadeuszD wrote:My set is as realistic as it is possible. The braking force is calculated using number of wagons and its weight. Wagons with brakeman's cab are not "graphical illusion" only. They are necessary to run the train. Of course, I use some simplification. For example I don't check the order of wagons. I assume that all wagons have air pipe required by air brake system.
The same method is used for calculating heating system.
If you really wanted to be as realistic as possible, then you'd have to require heating only from November to April :p
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here

Return to “Graphics Development”