[OTTD] OpenGFX+ Big GUI (Double Sized GUI) [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: [OTTD] OpenGFX+ Big GUI (Double Sized GUI) [WIP]

Post by kamnet »

Limyx826 wrote: 26 Aug 2021 17:08 Will this be updated or there's another similar NewGRF that can replace this?
This is no longer necessary, as you can now change the size of the UI buttons in the game directly.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

kamnet wrote: 26 Aug 2021 17:50 This is no longer necessary, as you can now change the size of the UI buttons in the game directly.
The issue is that the ingame setting for ui size is either normal, double, quad. Which is too small, too big, and extremely big.

This NewGRF have a setting for 1.5x size which is more comfortable to look at.
I am Limyx826.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Zephyris wrote: 16 Sep 2010 22:11 Got a touchscreen and fat fingers?
Got a dodgy old ball mouse that isn't very accurate?

This is the thread for you! Double size GUI - work now in progress.
Zephyris would you made an update to this? The trams icon is missing since when the NewGRF last updated the trams haven't included into the main game yet. Same thing for story book and goal list.
I am Limyx826.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Limyx826 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 07:49 Zephyris would you made an update to this? The trams icon is missing since when the NewGRF last updated the trams haven't included into the main game yet. Same thing for story book and goal list.
You may want to try the new OpenTTD 13 beta, which has better interface scaling options. More info:
viewtopic.php?t=90415
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

kamnet wrote: 30 Nov 2022 08:13 You may want to try the new OpenTTD 13 beta, which has better interface scaling options. More info:
viewtopic.php?t=90415
I already tried it and test possible scaling on my screen. The default menu icons still too small even with the auto scaling. With my screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 you will need 2x scaling for the icons to be comfortable however with that level of scaling will cause another problem that is the texts are too big.

For many years, I had using 1x UI with this NewGRF 1.5 scale parameters to play. Even with the new scaling options on 1.13, the 1.5 icon from this are better than the default ones. Not to disregard the new scaling, the auto scale works quite well on my screen which I believe is 1.2x scale. The text is sharp and clear though I think I need to change for a better font in the openttd.cfg.
Last edited by Limyx826 on 30 Nov 2022 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
I am Limyx826.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Limyx826 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 08:23 however with that level of scaling will cause another problem that is the texts are too big.
Since text now scales with the UI, if you use 2x UI you will have to halve the font sizes in your config file to get the text to look as it did before.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Again I really hope that this NewGRF being updated cause the current implementation of GUI scaling is quite painful to look at. If leave it at default option, then everything is so small. If manually scale it to 2x then everything is too big.
I am Limyx826.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Limyx826 wrote: 26 Aug 2021 17:08 Will this be updated or there's another similar NewGRF that can replace this?
Dang the first time I mention this is nearly 2 years ago.
I am Limyx826.

Return to “Graphics Development”