New Monorail graphics in the make

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Those bridges and tunnel entrances are just amazing! Keep up the good work :].
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Thanks Rob. It would have helped a bit more when _RAK_ would have been more specific on what what he dislikes.

Yes George, I´m trying to use the same bridges for all types, and this is not easy. I don´t think that there is a way to have different front parts, so we have to life with what is possible by now.

I thought a long time to make the wooden brigde these monobridge, but no way for me. I don´t like the idea to use alter for bridge speed up. So I choosed one brigde for using this, throw away the front part and make a different design for the other types (street and rail). In the pic you can see some first tests on it, that means you are only seeing two types of bridges (yes, three types, one is combinied out of two). The stone bridge and the mono are the same.

And to avoid missunderstandings: this is under construction, you can only see how it is supposed to look like when it´s done, but there are many unfinished ends. When someone has ideas, let them come, maybe they are good.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Isn't it possible to set values for a bridge (like speed limit and introduction date) with the values in the NFO files? There are some properties for buildings I believe.
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

I have absolutly no idea...but I don´t think so. These action for buildings doesn´t support this by now, but I can be wrong.

when it would be possible I think I would do it the same way like now, but speed all monobridges a bit up.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Arathorn wrote:Why all the fuss about the using different bridges for monorail? What's the problem with using the wooden bridge and changing it's stats (and changing the introduction date of the other bridges so you can use bridges early?)
I don't think that this is possible, at least not without some patching.
The AI would keep on using this bridge as a roadbridge. :cry:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

@ Marcel

Okay, then I'll tell you what I don't like. The blue colour. It's a matter of tastes again, but I just don't like it.
But the rest is absolutely, positively, superficially fantastic!!!!
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Yes, the blue color. But I won´t change that at the moment :wink: . I have tried many many colours, this fits best.
Attachments
152755.jpg
152755.jpg (127.14 KiB) Viewed 4282 times
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

I like it that my topic comes back to life. Are you going to release a new version? (Or am I THAT sleepy?)
I absolutely love how you fixed the issue with the bridge entrances. This is really great.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
_RaK_
Director
Director

Post by _RaK_ »

I really want that Monorail! If anyone finished graphics, let us download.
I'm back - Last online: 7 years 21 days ago.
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Great looking stuff Marcel! That stone tunnel entrance kicks ass, same goes for the stone bridge, can't complain about that. Those suspension bridges look great as well for both rail and road. However I don't really like the way the monorail suspension bridge is done. Specifically, those little thin cross-bars that support it look weird, and at some places they only seem to hang on the actual rail structure, without being suspended on the sides. Could you possibly do away with them and replace them with a more solid blue structure, such as the part in between the two vertical beams on the left-most monorail bridge? The blue structure would then support the monorail and be suspended by the cables. I think that would look more realistic and better overall.

Hmm, as an afterthought, they could probably stay in, but definitely could use some solid side supports. Right now it just looks a little two wobbly, if you know what I mean.

Cheers,
minime
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

@ minime: I will try it to make a bit more as you suggested, but at the moment I´m short at time. Be patient :wink:
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

As always, I am very impressed with your work.
_RaK_
Director
Director

Post by _RaK_ »

When you finished that graphic, tell moderator or admin to add your graphic to "Finished Graphic"

Because I'm impressed. :) As always.
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

awaiting release eagerly but patiently.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

_RaK_ wrote:Because I'm impressed. :) As always.
I'm not sure if that was meant as humour stealing my words of impression (better word?). Marcel, your work is groin grabbingly good. (watch The Simpsons, it'll make sense) Remember, if you ask I am here to test the graphics once done.
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

_RaK_ wrote:When you finished that graphic, tell moderator or admin to add your graphic to "Finished Graphic".
It´s up to them what they add to this topic and what not, but this topic isn´t updated very often in the last time.
_RaK_ wrote:That's part bridge, I don't like it.
You really don´t know if you like it or not, don´t you?
shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

i don't think there's anyway not to like this, keep up the good work :D
you can modify the past,
you can create the present,
or you can design the future...

in a video game :D
_RaK_
Director
Director

Post by _RaK_ »

Marcel wrote:
_RaK_ wrote:When you finished that graphic, tell moderator or admin to add your graphic to "Finished Graphic".
It´s up to them what they add to this topic and what not, but this topic isn´t updated very often in the last time.
_RaK_ wrote:That's part bridge, I don't like it.
You really don´t know if you like it or not, don´t you?
You think I'm stupid?

Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

I did not say that nor I would do this. I was only a bit surprised by your change of mind, but nice that you like it now.
_RaK_
Director
Director

Post by _RaK_ »

Ok..................... >_<

Are you completed your graphic?...

Return to “Graphics Development”