New Monorail graphics in the make

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 329
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 14:51
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

New Monorail graphics in the make

Post by squishycube » 24 Oct 2003 19:23

In the screenshots topic someone posted a pic of one of his games. In this pic he had beautiful graphics for his monorails. the pic is in here: (second post on that page) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=440 Could anyone help me find these graphics?

BTW I already used search, but that didn't get me any further (since almost every topic contains the words "new" "graphics" and "monorail" and it is not possible to search for strings of words.)
thanks in advance
Last edited by squishycube on 29 Jan 2004 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!

User avatar
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 6939
Joined: 30 Nov 2002 17:10

Post by Arathorn » 24 Oct 2003 19:29

I'm afraid it's not anywhere on the forum and Mr Hunt has disappeared.
Maybe you could send him an e-mail or pm?

Tijgertjuh
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 186
Joined: 11 Oct 2003 11:52
Location: Washington DC & Amsterdam

Post by Tijgertjuh » 24 Oct 2003 19:46

It's really nice those pictures.

Maby someone can contact him and post the graphics on this forum or on a website?

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 13749
Joined: 09 Jan 2003 08:37

Post by SHADOW-XIII » 24 Oct 2003 20:12

I tried .... failed .... soeone have to use that screen to make graphic
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

nilsi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 268
Joined: 20 Nov 2002 16:20
Location: Dresden, Germany

Post by nilsi » 24 Oct 2003 20:25

Would it be OK for him?
Not illegal or something like that?

Nils

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 13749
Joined: 09 Jan 2003 08:37

Post by SHADOW-XIII » 24 Oct 2003 21:05

don't think so ... since it is screenshot :wink:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

User avatar
Marcel
President
President
Posts: 917
Joined: 08 Mar 2003 15:36
Location: Bochum, Germany

Post by Marcel » 25 Oct 2003 04:18

I have worked on this some time ago, but stopped because it was very frustating. It was not very easy for me to make the tracks fit to each other, and the bridges don´t looked that nice they should. So I only finished a station which I made after a screenshot from Mr. Hunt. I think it must be somewhere on my HD, maybe I will finish it someday. After all, the easiest way to get it would be by Mr. Hunt directly, it´s a pity he isn´t around here anymore.

User avatar
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2865
Joined: 07 Jan 2003 18:00
Location: Fryslân Boppe!
Contact:

Post by Dinges » 25 Oct 2003 10:05

I would like to try it :)

Marcel, can you send those station blueprints to me :?:
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/

User avatar
Marcel
President
President
Posts: 917
Joined: 08 Mar 2003 15:36
Location: Bochum, Germany

Post by Marcel » 25 Oct 2003 11:57

dinges, I see that I did not have said it clearly, sorry. I have finished the station, have a look in the download topic. For some reason it is not on your site anymore. These bridges and tracks are somewhere on my HD. These are the things I had not finished yet. When I find them and these proto - tracks are usefull to anybody else than me (I don´t think so, it must be a chaos), you can have them of course. But I have no idea by what name I saved them and where.

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4306
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Post by George » 25 Oct 2003 13:23

Marcel wrote:dinges, I see that I did not have said it clearly, sorry. I have finished the station, have a look in the download topic. For some reason it is not on your site anymore. These bridges and tracks are somewhere on my HD. These are the things I had not finished yet. When I find them and these proto - tracks are usefull to anybody else than me (I don´t think so, it must be a chaos), you can have them of course. But I have no idea by what name I saved them and where.
I'd like to work on them too. Please send the images you have to me too

User avatar
Marcel
President
President
Posts: 917
Joined: 08 Mar 2003 15:36
Location: Bochum, Germany

Post by Marcel » 25 Oct 2003 14:33

I have found them, they are nearly done. But I still haven´t found the bridges, only a screenie. I will finish the track tiles in the next days, but I don´t want to touch these bridges again. They look very nice, but then all bridges of these types would be changed, and this is something I don´t want to have in my game. Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
Attachments
hgfhf.jpg
hgfhf.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 3817 times

Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1098
Joined: 30 May 2003 15:20
Location: Somewhere

Post by Colonel Sheperd » 25 Oct 2003 14:37

Marcel wrote:Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
I would like to, but my graphic skills suck
Image

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4306
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Post by George » 25 Oct 2003 16:32

Marcel wrote:I have found them, they are nearly done. But I still haven´t found the bridges, only a screenie. I will finish the track tiles in the next days, but I don´t want to touch these bridges again. They look very nice, but then all bridges of these types would be changed, and this is something I don´t want to have in my game. Maybe someone of you is willing to this, we could work together then.
I would like to work on it

User avatar
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2865
Joined: 07 Jan 2003 18:00
Location: Fryslân Boppe!
Contact:

Post by Dinges » 25 Oct 2003 16:49

me too :roll:
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/

User avatar
Marcel
President
President
Posts: 917
Joined: 08 Mar 2003 15:36
Location: Bochum, Germany

Post by Marcel » 25 Oct 2003 17:06

There are enough bridges for everyone, so there is no problem. I´m now sure that I don´t have the bridge sprites anymore. Sorry. I only have to fix some of the connections between the tiles, then it is done. I also have some ideas for the tunnel entrances, so I would like to do them. Maybe someone of you has an idea how it is possible to keep the original bridges for the normal railroadtracks. That would be best in my eyes.
Attachments
zzzz.jpg
zzzz.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 3779 times

User avatar
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2865
Joined: 07 Jan 2003 18:00
Location: Fryslân Boppe!
Contact:

Post by Dinges » 25 Oct 2003 17:11

I wish patchman (or another patchgeek) gave us a way to change only the monorails
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4306
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Post by George » 25 Oct 2003 19:24

Marcel wrote:There are enough bridges for everyone, so there is no problem. I´m now sure that I don´t have the bridge sprites anymore. Sorry. I only have to fix some of the connections between the tiles, then it is done. I also have some ideas for the tunnel entrances, so I would like to do them. Maybe someone of you has an idea how it is possible to keep the original bridges for the normal railroadtracks. That would be best in my eyes.
Please, could you post somewhere materials you have? Or at my e-mail?

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4306
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Post by George » 26 Oct 2003 16:31

First step
Attachments
NewMonorailW.rar
For win
(13.85 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
monorail.rar
For dos
(13.82 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
New monorails
New monorails
NewMonorailW00.png (14.92 KiB) Viewed 3942 times

User avatar
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 8683
Joined: 10 Jul 2002 15:08
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by GoneWacko » 26 Oct 2003 16:33

hey that looks pretty neat! :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.

User avatar
Marcel
President
President
Posts: 917
Joined: 08 Mar 2003 15:36
Location: Bochum, Germany

Post by Marcel » 26 Oct 2003 16:41

Interesting. These are bridges, aren´t they?. I have these tiles finished and someone else posts them, allthough he KNOWS I have made them. This is the kind of teamwork I prefer. Great work, George.

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests