[BMSS] British Modular Stations Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [BMSS] British Modular Stations Set

Post by Nite Owl »

Seeker wrote:As so is there a copy of this set going around as I think I keep seeing bits of it in screenshot threads?
What you are seeing in those screenshot threads is an older version of the PGS stations. PGS: Station Set v1.2 is the version I am currently using. Others may be using a different version. It took me a bit of time searching for it and then comparing versions in game to find the one I liked from the AEGIR'S PROJECTS THREAD. Unfortunately I do not remember which post in that particular 21 page thread the specific file, or other versions of the file, may be attached to. It is well worth the time and effort to hunt it down though.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Nite Owl wrote:
Seeker wrote:As so is there a copy of this set going around as I think I keep seeing bits of it in screenshot threads?
What you are seeing in those screenshot threads is an older version of the PGS stations. PGS: Station Set v1.2 is the version I am currently using. Others may be using a different version. It took me a bit of time searching for it and then comparing versions in game to find the one I liked from the AEGIR'S PROJECTS THREAD. Unfortunately I do not remember which post in that particular 21 page thread the specific file, or other versions of the file, may be attached to. It is well worth the time and effort to hunt it down though.
Or possibly shots of the unreleased British Stations Set that mph created and James and I have copies of to develop this set.
It is however not a copy of BMSS as BMSS changes a number of fundamental things from the British Stations set whilst employing the majority (if not all) of the British Stations Set.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Ameecher wrote:Or possibly shots of the unreleased British Stations Set that mph created and James and I have copies of to develop this set.
I gots one o'them.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

I want to make love to these stations <3
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Ameecher wrote:
Nite Owl wrote:
Or possibly shots of the unreleased British Stations Set that mph created and James and I have copies of to develop this set.
It is however not a copy of BMSS as BMSS changes a number of fundamental things from the British Stations set whilst employing the majority (if not all) of the British Stations Set.
*shudder*

Think I almost felt some motivation to finish the set then :(
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
SamMacca
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SamMacca »

You guys should just release a beta of whats been done.. or a copy of the version mph did.. because unless something is going on behind the scenes?! This looks as dead as the majority of quality looking stuff on her :(

Now before everyone comes out and yells the same old stuff, contribute, help etc.. I'd love too, but after trying to learn to draw its just not gunna happen, I just cant seem to grasp like the scales of drawings and just generally how to make drawings look good :D if someone could make a detailed guide then that'd be great. I've read through Purno's guide countless times and it seems abit confusing to me.
ImageImageImage

James Hetfield.. God..
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

It's because all the good artists have lives.
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
SamMacca
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SamMacca »

welshdragon wrote:It's because all the good artists have lives.
Implying I don't have a life? And implying people who've made UKRS, FIRS, ECS, NARS, All the American Sets, Canadian Sets and A LOT more, also don't have lifes?
ImageImageImage

James Hetfield.. God..
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

SamMacca wrote:
Implying I don't have a life? And implying people who've made UKRS, FIRS, ECS, NARS, All the American Sets, Canadian Sets and A LOT more, also don't have lifes?
No, implying your not a good artist :mrgreen: .

Things are still done when they're done and motivation can be difficut when you work on something with a limited amount of hands.
SamMacca
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SamMacca »

Hyronymus wrote:
SamMacca wrote:
No, implying your not a good artist :mrgreen: .

Things are still done when they're done and motivation can be difficut when you work on something with a limited amount of hands.
Ahh thats alright then :) I'd be more than willing to help in my spare time if I could draw. Like I said, if theres another guide out there other than Purno's or someone is willing to make one, I'd be straight in.. and I'm sure plenty of others would too! I wanna see this set done, as do others I'm sure and if my helping makes that happen quicker then I'm game..
ImageImageImage

James Hetfield.. God..
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

I'm afraid the old 'its done when its done' rings as true as ever here. Nothing has been coded (yet! (TM)), so nto much in the way of a beta to show you guys. If I get some time free to think about doing soem work on a grf, I shall force myself to finish this off. :wink:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
SamMacca
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SamMacca »

jvassie wrote:If I get some time free to think about doing some work on a grf, I shall force myself to finish this off. :wink:
Please do :]

Also, thought I'd have another crack at drawing last night. Opened up Purno's guide and it seemed to make a little more sense that it has before, no idea why. But tbh its not trains that I'm interested in drawing, its more Stations and houses.

Is there something out and about thats got like Station dimensions, max sizes etc on it? Or could you send me a few .png images of some things in this set for me to look at and learn from? Then that way, after some practice I could chip in a few bits and bobs.. and hopefully contribute to this set..
ImageImageImage

James Hetfield.. God..
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

I once things get a little more clear to me, I might try to write a guide for drawing building sprites. In the meantime, I suggest just experimenting and trying to have fun.. The coding is much harder as it has to 'work', but graphics can be very subjective, and you can approach your ideal gradually.

Best of luck
SamMacca
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SamMacca »

supermop wrote:I once things get a little more clear to me, I might try to write a guide for drawing building sprites. In the meantime, I suggest just experimenting and trying to have fun.. The coding is much harder as it has to 'work', but graphics can be very subjective, and you can approach your ideal gradually.

Best of luck
Yeah that'd be well good, sure a lot of people would appreciate that :] is there a way to decode grfs so I can look through the sprites to check dimensions?
ImageImageImage

James Hetfield.. God..
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Enough derailment now, continue on topic.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Yay i hope this makes it off the drawing board!
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

We're looking for a coder to have a talk with regarding station coding, anyone who has experience and wouldn't mind lending themselves to some questions I have regarding the set and the possibilities it could have.

Please note this doesn;t mean you'd need to code the set, though of course you'd be more than welcome to :)
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

jvassie wrote:We're looking for a coder to have a talk with regarding station coding, anyone who has experience and wouldn't mind lending themselves to some questions I have regarding the set and the possibilities it could have.

Please note this doesn;t mean you'd need to code the set, though of course you'd be more than welcome to :)
It'd be a lot easier to answer those questions if you actually asked them here, that way multiple people can take a look at them and answer whichever ones they can. If I can answer your questions I'll be happy to do so, just catch me on IRC or ask your questions here.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Rather generic question then; do I have to draw a sprite with both fences included and not included, or can i just draw the fences on their own, and a sprite without fences, and use the newgrf itself to combine them as needed?
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

You can draw them as separate sprites and combine them with the code. In fact you only have to draw one fence and you can use it for both the north and south side of the platform (ok, two, since you need a fence for both directions probably).

Return to “Graphics Development”