Kamnet's Sprite Sandbox

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: Kamnet's Sprite Sandbox

Post by kamnet »

Alright, alright, yer clogging up my sandbox!
(/me looks for a rake and shovel)
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I've now managed to align the sprites and I've recoloured the roadway, added a few flowers (more or less) and added some texturing. It's not very good as I'm not an artist...

It needs some fencing but I might be able to do that via the newgrf...?

I've JUST noticed that it's also animated (a bit)...well, that's even better.
fastfood.png
fastfood.png (17.77 KiB) Viewed 5527 times
kamnet

Ford Transit Mk4 Minibus

Post by kamnet »

Ford Transit Mk4 Minibus

Cruising through the forums today, I came upon a post by Scottishasttdx for a Ford Minibus in EXE file format. I attempted to convert it to a NewGRF using GRDTOGRF, but the resulting file was not playable. I decided to gut the code and use some new one, borrowing the decoded output from Emperor Jake and Buckethead's KITT eyecandy road vehicle. I spent a few hours picking through NFO to try to modify it, and the result is the new Ford Transit Mk4 Minibus, which was produced between 2001 and 2014.

Feel free to try it out. The graphics are OK, maybe not the greatest, maybe a little too large compared to some other sets. I have two versions, one with zero costs for eyecandy and AI play, and one with more realistic costs. The running costs are just about spot on, IMO, but I couldn't figure out how to set a realistic price ($41,000 in 2001), so it is where it is right now and it's okay. It's a bit more expensive than standard OpenTTD vehicles but maybe OK or a bit cheaper than most NewGRF sets with realistic prices. If somebody would like to pick through the NFO and guide me on how to fix it, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise it's OK.

Statistics it's fairly spot-on: 12 passenger capacity, 90 MPH max speed, 2 tons. Available in all climates.

If I do a future update, I may look at NML of M4NFO instead of plain NFO, and I may look to making the cargo-hauling E-350 variant as well.

Anyhow, enjoy this revival.
Attachments
fordtransitmk4-screenshot.png
fordtransitmk4-screenshot.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
fordtransitmk4.tar
TAR file with active NewGRFs, source code and documentation.
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Hmm, I think, If I'll have free time at weekend I can make try for Heljan Container Terminal :)
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
kamnet

Jake's Improved Bridge Improver

Post by kamnet »

This is a tweak to Jake's Bridge Improver. All I did was set the speed limit to the highest possible number for most of the bridges.

This is also my first project released using Yet Another GRF Language (YAGL), which was created specifically to help make small tweaks like this. TAR file includes both compiled GRF and YAGL source code. If you want NFO, please click on the link to Jake's original code.
Attachments
maxspeed_bridge_improver.tar
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

Thank you very much!!
Do you know why some are still unchanged? (checked without any other grf)
(pic attached)
Attachments
20191102_222518 - copia.jpg
20191102_222518 - copia.jpg (87.69 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

andres1555 wrote: 08 Apr 2020 20:56 Thank you very much!!
Do you know why some are still unchanged? (checked without any other grf)
(pic attached)
Because Jake didn't change the speeds of those at all, they're not coded. I'll look into working on a similar set that lets players adjust all of these via parameters, but probably won't have anything anytime soon.
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Heljan Container Terminal

Post by gravelpit »

kamnet wrote: 09 Jan 2011 09:14 Took a few minutes (okay, two hours) to start taking another crack at my container terminal. No attempt at shading or colors or anything, what's put in place is just to help work up the basic shape.
Hey what kain of pogram graphic yuo using ? i'm interresing this kontainer port prroject .I cannot coding but have talent painting ,tell my how an i can make some interesting spirits
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

gravelpit wrote: 20 Jan 2021 12:16
kamnet wrote: 09 Jan 2011 09:14 Took a few minutes (okay, two hours) to start taking another crack at my container terminal. No attempt at shading or colors or anything, what's put in place is just to help work up the basic shape.
Hey what kain of pogram graphic yuo using ? i'm interresing this kontainer port prroject .I cannot coding but have talent painting ,tell my how an i can make some interesting spirits
I typically use Paint.net on Windows for most of my drawings, and if I need it in 8bpp palette I import it into GIMP and convert to the correct palette. Feel free to take my ideas and make them your own. If you want to see an example of this, though, look at GarryG's object sets. He's created some really nice looking container cranes.
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

kamnet wrote: 20 Jan 2021 19:08
gravelpit wrote: 20 Jan 2021 12:16
I typically use Paint.net on Windows for most of my drawings, and if I need it in 8bpp palette I import it into GIMP and convert to the correct palette. Feel free to take my ideas and make them your own. If you want to see an example of this, though, look at GarryG's object sets. He's created some really nice looking container cranes.
Yeah GarryG smashet!!
kamnet

AuzObjects 1-Click Downloader v1 2023-09-26

Post by kamnet »

This is the source code for the project, GPL v2 license.
Attachments
auzobj1click-v1-2023-09-26.tar
(102 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Return to “Graphics Development”