some advice please

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ZBOX
Engineer
Engineer

some advice please

Post by ZBOX »

Hi,

sorry if this might have been asked before, I have tried to find the answer, with no avail.

So i download a few files to make the game 32bit and installed them to the data pack (i followed instructions and download links off this youtube tutorial video) which lead me to this website. (also downloaded some files from openttd wiki)

Anyway it did not work (probley me doing something wrong), but i can load the 32bpp extra newgrf nighly r40 into the game, but thats it - no graphic improvements, so i read this forums and see there is a great file called zbase.

I download that and install it and load the file in the options menu in game, now when i boot the game up, i can see the graphic improvements right away, then i go to start a new game it loads the terrian and i notice the buidlings like coal mines farms etc have the new 32bit graphics, aswell as stations, grass and trees, but the towns and trains still have the old graphics

is there a fix for this or Is it meant to be like that for now or have i missed some files out ?

I hope all that makes sense, i have no idea how to mod games so would and have tried to figure this out but am struggling, and would be greatful if someone could help.

Cheers.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: some advice please

Post by planetmaker »

If you use zBase as base set as obtained from the ingame online content you'll have no missing sprites on the maps, everything will be in 32bpp. Things change, if you add or play with NewGRFs which provide new sprites for things like houses or vehicles which do not provide 32bpp sprites for those. You'll then get 8bpp for those only as well.
ZBOX
Engineer
Engineer

Re: some advice please

Post by ZBOX »

Thank you for advice makes sense now.

I thought i needed to download everything - so i did from the online in game downloads and had lots of it installed, no wonder it was not working as intended.

Now i have removed all the extra content, and just left zbase as you said and it works great looks amazing, thank you.

looking forward to playing it now, have not played transport tycoon since Playstation 1.

Cheers.

Return to “Graphics Development”