(OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use North American Road Vehicles?

Yes
76%
No
11%
What is NARVS?
13%

Total votes: 45

oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Post by oberhümer »

One for the 3D-experienced people (yes, I'm now using Blender for at least basic shapes and colors): In the attached .blend file, I've made the roof of the vehicle "Mid Gray", a material I defined myself, probably starting from a clone of the 2cc material. Now, when I render it, the roof is not gray, but 2cc green - see the PNG.

Never mind, I had forgotten to remove the 2cc color ramp. Expect trams to be finished this weekend at the latest.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If NARVS is looking for some futuristic vehicles, here's some info and photos about the 2011 Nissan NV200 cargo van for North America: http://tinyurl.com/5tsmzek

Configuration options include V6 and V8 engines, all-electric, and a high roof option.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

that's pretty decent looking for a commercial van
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Erm... I wouldn't quite call 2011 futuristic.

My current list is:
1. finish trams and LRVs
2. trucks
3. vans
4. cars
5. add extra vehicles for everything

I'll think of it once I get to number three.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I wouldn't call it futuristic either, I'd say its more like Modern
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

NARVS 0.1 is now on Bananas and the OTTDC download site, with trams/LRVs and buses.

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Congratulations :-) Looking nice.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Nice work oberhumer. I only wish I could have continued to lead this set like i started it...

Though it would be nice if the trucks could have generational (year(ly)) upgrades like some trucks in North America
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

NekoMaster wrote: Though it would be nice if the trucks could have generational (year(ly)) upgrades like some trucks in North America
I'll think about it once I actually get to drawing/modeling them.

and...
[NO] *click* :P[/url]
Last edited by oberhümer on 12 Feb 2012 06:59, edited 1 time in total.

colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

This set is getting nice, but I think the buses are a bit too small in diagonal views...
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

DanMacK drew them like that, and they're exactly half as long in diagonal as in horizontal, which matches the original vehicles and eGRVTS.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

We're trying to keep this set in scale with other RV sets so it doesnt look out of place like Long Road Vehciles.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

oberhümer wrote:DanMacK drew them like that, and they're exactly half as long in diagonal as in horizontal, which matches the original vehicles and eGRVTS.
No, i think the lenght is ok, I think the height and maybe the width is too small
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Yes, some of them are one pixel too low. I'll fix that when trucks are done, as I don't think it's that noticeable.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Man, I can't wait till this set gets some tractor trailers and maybe even doubles or triples for rocky mountain areas
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Um, I think the running costs should be lowered to values more like eGRVTS so that its easier to use NARVS in game (its hard to get a profit with busses that cost a few thou unless they're running in a big city)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The older buses should be low, especially the Flxible Airway and Clipper. the Clippers were rather squat compared to other buses it seems. The sizes were designed to be closer in scale to trains.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

About the running costs:I wanted them to be high, but I'll lower them a little in the next nightly if you think it's necessary.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:About the running costs:I wanted them to be high, but I'll lower them a little in the next nightly if you think it's necessary.
Yeah, I think they could use a good reduction, make it more balenced with HEQ and EGRVTS
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I'll do that, but don't forget that there will be some smaller vehicles later on too.

Return to “Graphics Development”