(OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use North American Road Vehicles?

Yes
76%
No
11%
What is NARVS?
13%

Total votes: 45

oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Post by oberhümer »

Works! Thank you very much. I left out the "name" in the rule macro altogether, but it still does what it's supposed to.

(Or not... argh! I swear it did a few minutes ago...)
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I think this should operate correctly.

Code: Select all

#define _nameswitch(name) name ## _switch
#define nameswitch(name) _nameswitch(name)
#define NAME something
switch (... setname(NAME) ...) ...
But, it will depend on how GCC is preprocessing it.
(Also keep 'name' in the macro, since its actually the macro's argument name, not an arbitrary value).

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Thanks again. That worked perfectly! :)
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

So, will there be a update soon with the street cars working again.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

At the end of this week, I'd say.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

oberhümer wrote:At the end of this week, I'd say.
Thats good to hear, anything new in this update?
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I'm afraid not; I might, however, make the S70 and UPS van sprites look a bit better.

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Hmm.... I can't wait to get some tractor trailers and doubles and triples in this set.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

NARVS 0.1.1
Well, I finally pulled things together and did some work on NARVS again. There's not much visibly changed, but practically everything internally.
What's new:
- Custom cargo aging period for each vehicle class. This means it needs OpenTTD nightly version 22713 or above to work.
- Removed those few trucks, I'll concentrate on finishing up passenger transport first.
- Added New Flyer 40LFA, MCI J4500 and new sprites for CLRV, ALRV and S70.
- Automatically calculated (and high) purchase and running costs.

It's incompatible with older versions.

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Wait when did custom cargo aging hit trunk?

I havent seen anything on the wiki about this development.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Leanden wrote:Wait when did custom cargo aging hit trunk?
oberhümer wrote:OpenTTD nightly version 22713
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

*feels stupid for asking an obvious question*

But still, the wiki hasnt been updated.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

I probably should make a real bug report but... meh.
I can load this grf with OTTD 1.1.2, but as soon as I start a game, it gives me a fatal error. Can you make a version check and display an actual relevant error message than something cryptic like something about action 0?

On a second thought... this isn't even a bug. This should be filed as a feature request for noobs like me.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

oberhümer wrote:NARVS 0.1.1
- Custom cargo aging period for each vehicle class. This means it needs OpenTTD nightly version 22713 or above to work..
He stated in the post that it wont work with the Stable release.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Leanden wrote:But still, the wiki hasnt been updated.
http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/index.p ... on=history

It was updated the 3rd of August, the same day in which this feature was committed to trunk.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

If the cargo aging property is the only reason why this doesn't work on stable releases, might I suggest guarding this by an if-statement? Then older game versions just don't have this feature while still being able to use the set.

If you also use the callback, then it may not be worth the effort, but still possible. I'd say it's worth it, but that's up to you to decide.

Lastly, if you know that you need a specific game version, it's just a few lines to die gracefully with a for the user useful message.

Just my two cents.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Done as requested and marked as 0.1.2.

as
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by as »

Some of the buses seem to have some pixels missing at the bottom. Look at MCI MC-8 and Provost LeMirage for example:
Tredinghall Transport, 1974-06-22.png
Tredinghall Transport, 1974-06-22.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
Tredinghall Transport, 1989-06-29.png
Tredinghall Transport, 1989-06-29.png (2.96 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
Misaligned PPC trailers:
Tredinghall Transport, 1989-06-29#1.png
Tredinghall Transport, 1989-06-29#1.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

One of these days Im going to get off my butt and try an sprite some better trucks, though right now being sick it's draining my motivation to do much.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

as wrote:Some of the buses seem to have some pixels missing at the bottom. Look at MCI MC-8 and Provost LeMirage for example:
Tredinghall Transport, 1974-06-22.png
Tredinghall Transport, 1989-06-29.png
Misaligned PPC trailers:
Tredinghall Transport, 1989-06-29#1.png
That'll have to wait.

Return to “Graphics Development”