Swedish Road Vehicles

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Swedish Road Vehicles

Post by Irwe »

AndersI wrote:And the bulk truck looks OK, although the frame part between cabin and trailer looks a bit skimpy (weak). Maybe put back that line of pixels that were removed from the other trucks.
Like this maybe? The cargo is iron ore from (yours) AndersI's Swe trains.
Attachments
Volvo Bulk.PNG
Volvo Bulk.PNG (3.4 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Yes, that seems sturdier. But on my screen, it looks like you have activated the night patch - that one is very dark for me.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I vote for fun cargoes rather than realistic ones... More fun all round!
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

AndersI wrote:Yes, that seems sturdier. But on my screen, it looks like you have activated the night patch - that one is very dark for me.
Hmm.. strange. I havn't draw them darker I just used the same truck as before. Maybe the trailer in 2CC is to dark?
Zephyris wrote:I vote for fun cargoes rather than realistic ones... More fun all round!
Indeed, rain or not the paper will be shown!
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

AndersI: It's just look darker because there is transparent blue in the background on the new, while the old has a brighter barkground.

Irwe: It looks good, but the wheels aren't in one line in \ and / views when the truck heading down.
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

colossal404 wrote:Irwe: It looks good, but the wheels aren't in one line in \ and / views when the truck heading down.
Oh right! I moved them around a little bit when making the truck smaller. I could move them back into place! Thanks for the look out.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Irwe wrote:Hmm.. strange. I havn't draw them darker I just used the same truck as before. Maybe the trailer in 2CC is to dark?
Not strange at all. My last comment was written from home, where I have an old CRT which definitely is losing brightness. My comments during day time is made from work (shhh!) where I have a modern flat TFT screen. On that, the truck is merely dark, at home it is DARK.
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

AndersI wrote:
Irwe wrote:Hmm.. strange. I havn't draw them darker I just used the same truck as before. Maybe the trailer in 2CC is to dark?
Not strange at all. My last comment was written from home, where I have an old CRT which definitely is losing brightness. My comments during day time is made from work (shhh!) where I have a modern flat TFT screen. On that, the truck is merely dark, at home it is DARK.
I see then. Colossal404 had a point to.
colossal404 wrote:It's just look darker because there is transparent blue in the background on the new, while the old has a brighter barkground.
Sitting and foruming at work time :o Hope your boss doesn't come here often and sees this.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Irwe wrote:Sitting and foruming at work time :o Hope your boss doesn't come here often and sees this.
...or the boss plays OTTD too :wink:
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Or I'm doing Customer Support and sit waiting for the next phone call, with only one more day left before I take a week of vacation...
(I'll have more vacation later)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

I think I'm done with everything now for the first truck. I added a livery for grain and such based on AndersI's Uad wagon. Livestock, rubber and copper where also added as cargo. Another livery of bulk was made and shown here with the cargo sand. (all other bulk cargo are done but not shown here).
Attachments
volvo.PNG
volvo.PNG (28.99 KiB) Viewed 3286 times
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Great!
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

How about some trams? The M31 is currently running in Gothenburg.
Attachments
M31.PNG
M31.PNG (1.05 KiB) Viewed 3184 times
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I believe SL will be using the very same tram on their new City tram line

EDIT: No, I am wrong. SL will be using the Flexity Classic tram. I suggest you make this one if you are to include trams :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Chrill wrote:I believe SL will be using the very same tram on their new City tram line

EDIT: No, I am wrong. SL will be using the Flexity Classic tram. I suggest you make this one if you are to include trams :)
Indeed I could and Indeed I will. I only had planned 4 types of trams found in Gothenburg so a few more not found in Gothenburg would also do fine. These will like the other vehicles be in CC and in real life colors.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Very good work Irwe! Very good! :))
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi!

I coded the Volvo trucks, then talk to Irwe who gave me the permission to post the GRF there. It's an unfinished alpha version but I think it's better than nothing :)
It's largely FIRS compatible, but have a few errors in it (I hate that the milk uses the valuable's ID), but if you found any bug, report it here, I will try to fix it.
I separate the trucks to 4 version (bulk, box, flatbed, tanker) to set the largely correct graphics for not supported cargoes.
Attachments
fh1.PNG
fh1.PNG (1.94 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
swedishrvw.GRF
(114.17 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Lmacario
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lmacario »

colossal404 wrote:Hi!

I coded the Volvo trucks, then talk to Irwe who gave me the permission to post the GRF there. It's an unfinished alpha version but I think it's better than nothing :)
It's largely FIRS compatible, but have a few errors in it (I hate that the milk uses the valuable's ID), but if you found any bug, report it here, I will try to fix it.
I separate the trucks to 4 version (bulk, box, flatbed, tanker) to set the largely correct graphics for not supported cargoes.
Hi Colossal.

As you said i understand that this is an incomplete Alpha Version, but let me ask you if you're planning to include, at least, some of the remaining liveries of Volvo trucks in an eventual next version (can't wait to see the Coca-Cola truck delivering in my cities and villages :lol: )

Thanks!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

colossal404 wrote: (I hate that the milk uses the valuable's ID)
Use a cargo translation table. Then up to 32 cargos of your choice can have an ID you define.

Also, milk is not armoured. For the Dutch Trainset Cargo Extension I didn't even need to make an exception for milk; the cargo classes were enough to get it right. I had to make 28 other exceptions, but not milk ;)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

FooBar wrote: Use a cargo translation table. Then up to 32 cargos of your choice can have an ID you define.
I'm on it, but it's not done yet. First I will use it in my grf, then I will update this grf too.
And cargo classes are mess me up a little, because grain is refittable with FIRS, but it can't with default industries...

Return to “Graphics Development”