[UNIV] Wallyweb Graphics Studio

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Wallyweb Graphics Studio

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:I´m a real lighthouse fan, BTW2. :cool:
You too huh? I am reminded of my fascination by this one as it's light flashes at my window every 7.6 seconds every day ... every night ... all year long ... year in year out ... flashing ... flashing ... flashing ... flashing ... z-z-z-z-z-z

I think our fascination has something to do with the perception of solitude in this age of "gotta do it now!". I believe it was those Ptolemy guys that started it all in Alexandria. Could you imagine if that Pharos was still standing today (and please do not point me to the picture of that replica in China) and some silly Egyptian parliamentarian suggested automating it? :mrgreen: There would be rioting in the streets!
YukonRob wrote:East Quoddy
Good find Rob :D
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote: [...]
YukonRob wrote:East Quoddy
Good find Rob :D
Already repaired at 5:07.

Hopefully not the first sign of excessive labour ... :cool:

BTW, there´s a "lighthouse group" on flickr, worth a visit.

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:Hopefully not the first sign of excessive labour ... :cool:
Surely not! More like the lack thereof. :wink:
BTW, there´s a "lighthouse group" on flickr, worth a visit.
Thanks for that. A most excellent find! :bow:

And now back to work ...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Wallyweb Graphics Studio - New Objects

Post by wallyweb »

BRANCH OFFICES - CDN
1. Our good friend VanHorne was hearing tales of vast wealth of furs and gold to be found in the Great White North. He summoned Foreman and gave him instructions to visit the quartermaster for supplies and then to explore the Great White North in order to assess it's potential for transportation services. This Foreman did with great relish, if only for the opportunity to escape from VanHorne for a period of time. Foreman proceeded to conduct his explorations from his lonely campsite in the Great White North.

2. A couple of years later, Foreman, covered in filth and black fly bights and bloody scars from sundry scratches and with his cloths in tatters, stumbled into VanHorne's office where he collapsed onto an antique and well preserved Louis XV armchair and began with his reports of untapped wealth and treasure to be found in the Great White North. VanHorne was simultaneously horrified and ecstatic. VanHorne assigned Foreman an assistant to assist him in his next assignment which was to get more supplies from the quartermaster and to return to the Great White North while surveying a railroad right-of-way.

3. A couple of years later, Foreman and his assistant, covered in filth and black fly bights and bloody scars from sundry scratches and with their cloths in tatters, stumbled into VanHorne's office where they collapsed onto an antique and well preserved Louis XV settee and began with their report of an assignment accomplished. VanHorne was simultaneously horrified and ecstatic. VanHorne assigned Foreman and his assistant to their next assignment which was to get more supplies (A bucksaw and a log cabin construction manual) from the quartermaster and to return to the Great White North to sign up customers in need of transportation services while the railroad was built along the previously surveyed railroad right-of-way.

4. A couple of years later, with the arrival of the railroad into the Great White North, Foreman used the new telegraph to send a wire to VanHorne requesting larger accommodations in consideration of the large number of new customers requiring service. VanHorne, pleased that his remaining Louis XV collection was to be spared, instructed the quartermaster to send the required materials to Foreman via the railroad that was previously built along the previously surveyed railroad right-of-way.

5. Several years later and at the behest of the local authorities, Foreman sent an email to VanHorne requesting the expansion of the local office into a regional headquarters. VanHorne, ecstatic at his recent acquisition of addition Louis XV pieces told the quartermaster to give Foreman whatever he wants. Foreman now lives quite comfortably in Liechtenstein.

Recommended Application: Build the first camp near a very small town well removed from any larger cities. Upgrade the camp as wealth permits.

Some Credits: The trees were stolen from SAC. We will be stealing George's snowy versions later. The parking lots are from Lifeblood's Canadian Station graphics in keeping with this object's being assigned CDN.

To Do: A snowy version for those ccccolddd Canadian winters.
wallywebs_Branch_Offices.png
Last edited by wallyweb on 04 Apr 2010 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I really like this last one! Beautiful work Wally... :))
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:I really like this last one! Beautiful work Wally... :))
:bow:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Wallyweb Graphics Studio - New Objects

Post by wallyweb »

ROAD SIGNS - CDN

I don't know how those TTD citizens managed to find their way from one town to the next, so here are some road signs to help them along their way.

Recommended Application: Build them alongside roads, of course.

To Do:
- A snowy version for those ccccolddd Canadian winters.
- Decide upon the ideal size.

QUESTION: The image shows two sizes of signs ... which would be preferable .. the easy to draw large ones or the harder to draw small ones?
wallywebs_Road_Signs.png
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I like both sizes. Can you do both? :-)

1) Can you put multiple signs on the same tile, for example on a corner?
2) Can you have signs that span over the lanes, and multiple roads (think 4+ lane highways)?
3) How about LCD/LED scrolling boards? :-)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote:I like both sizes. Can you do both? :-)
Yes, but I think there would be a heavy cost in objects used in game, perhaps to the point of prompting errors. I will be experimenting.
1) Can you put multiple signs on the same tile, for example on a corner?
As far as I know only if they are drawn as one single sprite. In other words, I do not think it is possible for different objects to share the same tile.
2) Can you have signs that span over the lanes, and multiple roads (think 4+ lane highways)?
If you mean as in OzTransLtd's post to the newobjects thread, it looks like yes. Those are his work though so he would be the one to ask. I would suggest waiting until he has completed work on the trains and moved on to his next stage of Canadian Theme Pack development. I suspect he might be rether involved with a lot of work ahead of him.

Please keep in mind that I have tagged my signs as CDN and they have been submitted to the Canadian Theme Pack for their consideration.
3) How about LCD/LED scrolling boards? :-)
You mean animated? I'll explore to concept. They would be ideal for a year based transition, say around 1990.
Thank you for the interest. :D
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ISA from that other thread wrote:
wallyweb wrote:
cmoiromain wrote:I love the idea of town walls! That's something someone should definitely try to add to OpenTTD (or at least as a newobject, so we can build one ourselves for the looks)
They are on my todo list as newobjects. 8)
Wally as for the new objects! My vacation starts and if I have left some time over from CanSet drawings I probably produce some graphics to Your newobject.grf file if thats ok and they fit in Your set as I don't want to crate a new grf, as it has been discussed somewhere else!
Not a problem. When you have some sprites you can send them to me by PM or you can post them here. :D
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote:When you have some sprites you can send them to me by PM or you can post them here. :D
A second please. Undergoing Operation B-day!
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Sorry if bringing this thread back up again is a violation of a rule; I've looked but couldn't find a specific rule about posting on threads that haven't been posted in for a while, but I have a question

I really like the Branch Offices shown near the top of page 2, and I was wondering if they're downloadable somewhere either as a Company HQ or as Objects, I've seen them in the Screenshot Competition thread, but I can't find them on Bananas...
I'd really like having them in my game(s), as I think they look much better than the default Company HQ (if they're just objects that's fine too, that'd only mean they could be used for more), so is there a way to download them somewhere?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Darthrafael wrote:Sorry if bringing this thread back up again is a violation of a rule; I've looked but couldn't find a specific rule about posting on threads that haven't been posted in for a while, but I have a question
Asking a good question is never a violation. :D
I really like the Branch Offices shown near the top of page 2, and I was wondering if they're downloadable somewhere either as a Company HQ or as Objects, I've seen them in the Screenshot Competition thread, but I can't find them on Bananas...
I'd really like having them in my game(s), as I think they look much better than the default Company HQ (if they're just objects that's fine too, that'd only mean they could be used for more), so is there a way to download them somewhere?
They are a work in progress, but they will be available as both a replacement and as objects. 8)
I don't have a date yet. Hopefully before the end of the year, but other projects and some real life stuff have priority. :roll:
I host all my GRFs on Simuscape, so when the release is ready, it will appear there. :mrgreen:

Thank you for your interest. :bow:
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

wallyweb wrote:
Darthrafael wrote:Sorry if bringing this thread back up again is a violation of a rule; I've looked but couldn't find a specific rule about posting on threads that haven't been posted in for a while, but I have a question
Asking a good question is never a violation. :D
They are a work in progress, but they will be available as both a replacement and as objects. 8)
I don't have a date yet. Hopefully before the end of the year, but other projects and some real life stuff have priority. :roll:
I host all my GRFs on Simuscape, so when the release is ready, it will appear there. :mrgreen:

Thank you for your interest. :bow:
Ah, thank you for the quick response! I'll look forward to it and make sure to keep an eye out for any releases!

Return to “Graphics Development”