[OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports

Post by Supercheese »

PikkaBird wrote:The first av8 version to test for OpenGFX+ Airports and disable its own changes if found will be version 2200.
av8 Aviators Aircraft Set version 2.2 as downloaded from BaNaNaS says:

Version: 2150

Accordingly, OGFX+ Airports still complains about the maintenance parameter. :? (Although I believe the duplicate-entries problem has been solved.)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Kraks wrote:
planetmaker wrote:

Code: Select all

- Add: translations for Dutch, German, Russian, Spanish and Traditional Chinese
GRF params are still in English... At least for Russian.

upd:
Here is the translation:

EN	Disable airport noise limits
RU	Отключить уровни шума аэропортов

EN	Disable airport date restrictions
RU	Отключить ограничения аэропортов по датам

EN	Airport maintenance costs
RU	Стоимости обслуживания аэропортов

EN	normal
RU	обычные
Thanks for that update. It seems that I received the translation before the parameters were added...
The parameters also have a help text which also needs translation, namely

STR_WARNING_OLD_AV8_WITH_PARAM :You have activated reduced maintenance costs in an old version of av8. This will introduce a 2nd set of airports. For best user experience use av8 v2.20 or newer.
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_NOISE_DESC :Sets the noise generated by every airport to 0. This allows you to build an unlimited amount of airports if you play with the setting "Allow town controlled noise level for airports" on.
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_DATE_DESC :Allows all airports to be built regardless of current year.
STR_PARAM_MAINTENANCE_COSTS_DESC :Sets the level of the yearly maintenance costs for the airports

Supercheese wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:The first av8 version to test for OpenGFX+ Airports and disable its own changes if found will be version 2200.
av8 Aviators Aircraft Set version 2.2 as downloaded from BaNaNaS says:
Version: 2150

Accordingly, OGFX+ Airports still complains about the maintenance parameter. :? (Although I believe the duplicate-entries problem has been solved.)
Ah, that's unfortunate. But yes, it should still work in the sense that the airports are not duplicate (av8 won't define them), but OpenGFX+ Airports won't respect av8's cost parameters in that case as they're bound to av8 version 2200 or later in OpenGFX+ Airport's source:

#define GRF_PRESENT_AV8     (av8_compatibility & 0x01)
#define GRF_NEW_VERSION_AV8 (av8_compatibility & 0x02)
#define GRF_MAINTENANCE_AV8 (av8_compatibility & 0x04)
#define GRF_SPECIALS_AV8    (av8_compatibility == 0x07)
av8_compatibility = grf_future_status(GRFID_AV8) | 
    (param[GRFID_AV8, 254] >= 2200) << 1 | 
    (param[GRFID_AV8, 5] & 0x00000001) << 2;

if (GRF_PRESENT_AV8 && GRF_MAINTENANCE_AV8 && !GRF_NEW_VERSION_AV8) {
	error(WARNING, string(STR_WARNING_OLD_AV8_WITH_PARAM));
}
and like

if GRF_SPECIALS_AV8 { property { maintenance_cost: 1; } }
in the code for the single airports.

I guess I can lower that check to av8 version 2150 in the next release of OpenGFX+ Airports.

I probably could release 0.4.1 when I get the update also for the Russian parameter help strings :-)
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

planetmaker wrote:STR_WARNING_OLD_AV8_WITH_PARAM :You have activated reduced maintenance costs in an old version of av8. This will introduce a 2nd set of airports. For best user experience use av8 v2.20 or newer.
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_NOISE_DESC :Sets the noise generated by every airport to 0. This allows you to build an unlimited amount of airports if you play with the setting "Allow town controlled noise level for airports" on.
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_DATE_DESC :Allows all airports to be built regardless of current year.
STR_PARAM_MAINTENANCE_COSTS_DESC :Sets the level of the yearly maintenance costs for the airports
STR_WARNING_OLD_AV8_WITH_PARAM :Вы активировали уменьшение стоимости обслуживания аэропортов в старой версии av8. Это приведёт к появлению второго набора аэропортов в игре. Рекомендуется использовать av8 версии 2.20 или выше.
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_NOISE_DESC :Устанавливает уровни шума аэропортов на 0. Это позволит строить любое количество аэропортов даже с включённой опцией "Города контролируют уровень шума".
STR_PARAM_DISABLE_DATE_DESC :Разрешить строительство всех типов аэропортов вне зависимости от даты.
STR_PARAM_MAINTENANCE_COSTS_DESC :Устанавливает размер ежегодной оплаты за обслуживание аэропортов.
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Supercheese wrote: Version: 2150
My mistake. I'll upload a new version later today.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

As there's a new version of av8 (thus the version detection of it by OpenGFX+ Airports was not modified) and as we now have a complete Russian translation thanks to FlameSing and kraks... you can now enjoy OpenGFX+ Airports 0.4.1

As usual available via ingame content download or from the DevZone for manual retrieval.

Translations into other languages are highly welcome. Find the language files here. Mind that they need to be UTF-8 encoded.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

You'd really need to tell me about all things needing translations! :lol: I'm finding them one by one by pure chance! :lol:
Attachments
croatian.lng
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Voyager One wrote:You'd really need to tell me about all things needing translations! :lol: I'm finding them one by one by pure chance! :lol:
Thanks for the translation. It will be available from tomorrows nightly build onward as well as the upcoming 0.4.2 release :-)
Yousei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yousei »

Hi, I just found out in CanadianSet Thread why I can't use OGFX Airport with it.
It seems you used conflicting, inconsistent IDs.
Would be nice to see those two working together.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Yousei wrote:Hi, I just found out in CanadianSet Thread why I can't use OGFX Airport with it.
It seems you used conflicting, inconsistent IDs.
Would be nice to see those two working together.
OpenGFX+ Airports was started in 2010 under the name "Climate-dependent AirPort Tiles" by Yexo. So he chose with "CAP\0" an ID which fit the project, something very common for multi-person projects, thus totally in accordance to the guidelines with choosing a grfID when there's not a unique code developer. ChillCore explained already in his other postings in the other thread everything else what there is to say wrt grfIDs - there simply is no "reserved" grfID range. As there's no comprehensive list of existing NewGRFs, one can only try to check for existing grfIDs. And the best place I know is the list of grfs seen on servers in the last years which Rubidium compiles sometimes.

The incompatibility of the CanadianSet was chosen explicitly by its developer without any actual need for that. It would be easy to check for his half-dozen of old NewGRFs and declare them incompatible instead of declaring a range of possible 65000 NewGRFs incompatible like he does now.
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

What I really miss with Airports is the ability to "free draw" airports, what would be needed is the following objects:

Runway, can be dirt track or tarmac, and should be possible to have dedicated landing or take-off runways as well as combined runways, and have them in different directions, with dedicated direction of take-off and landing, or bi-directional

Taxiways

Aprons

Passenger terminal

Goods terminal

Heli-landing and take-off pads

Hangar

Airport objects such as control tower, radar, antenna, NDR beacon, etc
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

skippern wrote:What I really miss with Airports is the ability to "free draw" airports.
Can't be done by NewGRF (or any other method short of patching the game). NewGRFs can't define new airport statemachines, let alone create arbitrary ones during the game, so all GRF-provided airports have to behave like [a rotated version of] one of the existing airport types. They can be bigger (on two sides only IIRC) and use different graphics, but the actual way aircraft move on them can't be changed.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

there was an "airport minigame" somewhere, that could be used to create a statemachine that could then be imported via a newgrf (but the statemachine specs are not implemented yet, also the specs were never actually finalized)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Eddi wrote:there was an "airport minigame" somewhere, that could be used to create a statemachine that could then be imported via a newgrf (but the statemachine specs are not implemented yet, also the specs were never actually finalized)
That would be here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=38709
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

From what I've been told by Planetmaker, while you cannot change the state machine, you can rotate the directions and you can build different looking style of airports as long as they follow the same basic state, and it can be rotated. That's the best that can be done for now.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Being able to rotate airports is incredibly useful sometimes, but it looks funny with zBase, so I've created a 32bpp version using the zBase sprites, rendering new rotations for buildings where needed. My question is should I change the GRF ID before posting a link, or leave it unchanged to keep it compatable with existing savegames?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The OpenGFX+ projects are incorporating both 8bpp and 32bpp sprites. If you have them rotated, just contribute them back into the project rather than fork it off into a new project. Then you don't have to deal with the GRFID issue at all :D
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Eddy Arfik wrote:Being able to rotate airports is incredibly useful sometimes, but it looks funny with zBase, so I've created a 32bpp version using the zBase sprites, rendering new rotations for buildings where needed. My question is should I change the GRF ID before posting a link, or leave it unchanged to keep it compatable with existing savegames?
Indeed, given that users of OpenTTD have a choice to choose 8bpp or 32bpp, I see no issue in adding 32bpp sprites to the project.

Thus patches are welcome - I'm sure you know the place of its issue tracker. And I'm very willing to give you commit access to the repo when I find your patches convincing.

If you rather work on your own project though, then it's no issue to fork it and you can have a repo for that also on the Devzone - but if you fork, please change the grfID and the name (at least slightly, e.g. like OpenGFX+Airports 32bpp or zBase+Airports).
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Seeing as I didn't exactly follow the correct build process, I basically hacked something together using grfcodec, and a few new renders from the existing zBase .blend files, I don't think I have anything worth adding to the repository, so I'll just call it zBase+ Airports

link to grf
https://mega.co.nz/#!oBMxXagT!yiqIvJ45q ... ucitxOtO7Y

link to spritesheet + .nfo
https://mega.co.nz/#!kMF1TLQa!Jd85o3Z2V ... ii5fAdkr7Q
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Eddy Arfik wrote:Seeing as I didn't exactly follow the correct build process, I basically hacked something together using grfcodec, and a few new renders from the existing zBase .blend files, I don't think I have anything worth adding to the repository, so I'll just call it zBase+ Airports

link to grf
https://mega.co.nz/#!oBMxXagT!yiqIvJ45q ... ucitxOtO7Y

link to spritesheet + .nfo
https://mega.co.nz/#!kMF1TLQa!Jd85o3Z2V ... ii5fAdkr7Q
On the contrary, I imagine the new renders would be very useful if uploaded to the repository.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Today I uploaded with OpenGFX+ Airports 0.4.2 a new release to Bananas. It's a big translation update to the previous version.

Thanks a lot for all the industrious translators. Changes and additions were made to:
Africaans: telanus
Croatian: Voyager One
Dutch: Alberth
English (US): Supercheese
Finnish: juzza1
French: arikover
Hungarian: zaza
Indonesian: UseYourIllusion
Korean: Telk
Norwegian (bokmal): Trond
Portuguese: vesgo
Russian: akasoft, Kraks, FlameSing, George
Scottish Gaelic: GunChleoc
Spanish: Terkhen, SilverSurferZzZ

Enjoy. If you see a translation missing, please sign up at our online translator and help us remedy the situation :)

Return to “Graphics Development”