[OpenTTD] NuTracks - Dev Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NuTracks - Dev Thread

Post by ChillCore »

DJ Nekkid wrote:
ChillCore wrote wrote: That did the trick. I was testing with 1.0.0-rc2, r35 worked in that version.
Let's hope the change in trunk gets backported to the 1.0.0 branch. :)
I cant se a single reason why r37 dont work in 1.0.0-rc2 if r35 do. There are two differences between thoose two. The first beeing the minor gfx glitch on the crossing vs underlay, and in r36 did i add some slight difference in minimapcolors, but that have been in this since the beginning of the entire RailTypes feature started. (Correct me if im wrong here someone, but its been in the specs all the time afaik).
Stefantje wrote:
DJ Nekkid wrote: It seems like the Action0 property 16 (different colors on the minimap) isnt supported on RC2, but it hopefully will be on RC3/1.0.0, so either wait for RC3 or get a nightly :)
Aah, thank you! Good work btw, this is really something I was missing in the game :-)
@see r19376.
Thank you, Rubidium.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

i think i caught the bug - the level crossings had same thing that depots had before - see my issue
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Updated 1st post with a Poll :)
Member of the
ImageImage
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

just noticed the track enablers in depot - i was not sure how i can use them because they won't work because there no power - overhead or 3rd rail - i currently placed planned line and the track enabler won't run
so anyone knows what is problem with those?
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

They are there just to enable the tracks for building. If there arent any engines available for building, the tracks wont be buildable. Hence i needed some "track enables" :) Turn of "Vehicles never expire" and they should go away :)
Member of the
ImageImage
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

DJ Nekkid wrote:They are there just to enable the tracks for building. If there arent any engines available for building, the tracks wont be buildable. Hence i needed some "track enables" :) Turn of "Vehicles never expire" and they should go away :)
ah - but problem is the power - i tried to start the that track enabler but its needs a power supply
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

that is the meaning :) They are just supposed to be "nothing" :)
Member of the
ImageImage
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

DJ Nekkid wrote:that is the meaning :) They are just supposed to be "nothing" :)
yeah - i tried to make them go away but they still there after i enabled never expire but its default its off
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

What's the big deal with them being there? They are only to make the different rail types show up.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

jake.grimshaw wrote:What's the big deal with them being there? They are only to make the different rail types show up.
i know - i thought those was for buidling tracks in planning track
zde-nek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zde-nek »

may i suggest to reduce cost differences? 180/330$ (80 kmph) is ok, but other costs are too high. for example 11280/37530$ (160 kmph) is toooo high. my idea is to double cost for every higher type of track. for example 160kmph track for 720/1320$
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Im not sure what you are doing, because the prices are WAY lower, and you _probably_ have inflation on. Currently on medium construction costs:

Code: Select all

Type    non-el /  electric
 80kmh     37£ /  100£
120kmh    100£ /  500£
160kmh    300£ /  1 000£
230kmh  1 000£ /  3 000£
Hispeed        / 10 000£
And, compared to original prices are the 80kmh tracks 1/3rd and 1/1 of the original non-el prices. The 120kmh tracks are 1/1 and 3x of the original non-elrail prices.
Btw, 2$ = 1£ ingame.
Member of the
ImageImage
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

DJ Nekkid wrote:Tonight i've added the gfx i have at my disposal atm. The picture saies it all:

I still lack 3rd rail gfx, as i hope for some company color capabilities for the 3rd rail, and use something similar to the metrosets gfx, but the yellow bar is CC, and not yellow :)
The planning rails still have no GFX, but that probably will come the next few days.

I've also not coded in new tunnels and road crossings, but this will also come when i get around to it. Now atleast can one see visual difference between the tracks :)
Unfortunatelly 120 km/h looks like road.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
zde-nek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zde-nek »

DJ Nekkid wrote:Im not sure what you are doing, because the prices are WAY lower, and you _probably_ have inflation on. Currently on medium construction costs:

Code: Select all

Type    non-el /  electric
 80kmh     37£ /  100£
120kmh    100£ /  500£
160kmh    300£ /  1 000£
230kmh  1 000£ /  3 000£
Hispeed        / 10 000£
And, compared to original prices are the 80kmh tracks 1/3rd and 1/1 of the original non-el prices. The 120kmh tracks are 1/1 and 3x of the original non-elrail prices.
Btw, 2$ = 1£ ingame.
it was caused by db set under nutracks in newgrf setting
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

updated bananas with r43. Gui is now added, including special planning GUI
Member of the
ImageImage
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

DJ Nekkid wrote:updated bananas with r43. Gui is now added, including special planning GUI
woah - i will have try out
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

You should set the speed limit property to 0 if you want no speed limit...
Attachments
Unnamed, 10th Jan 2050.png
Unnamed, 10th Jan 2050.png (5.96 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Please can we get a higher speed 3rd rail track as well as these as in the UK, 3rd rail runs at up to 100mph. Thanks.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

petern wrote:You should set the speed limit property to 0 if you want no speed limit...
how did you do that? i assume that were set automaticly, and isnt a string?
Member of the
ImageImage
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

It's a patch I haven't committed yet which just adds the speed limit (in the appropriate units) if one is set.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.

Return to “Graphics Development”