[OpenTTD] NuTracks - Dev Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OpenTTD] NuTracks - Dev Thread

Post by aantono »

NekoMaster wrote:What I'm saying is, with Nutracks v2...

I'll lay down Very-low speed rail (80 km\h), but when I try to convert it to a higher speed, the game tell's me theres no suitable rail to convert.

Same happens if I try to down-convert a faster rail type like Low-Speed rail (127 km\h) to something slower (like Very Low speed). I still get the no suitable rail tracks warning.

I dunno how to explain it any better then that. This happens in OpenTTD v1.4.4, recent nightlies, and even the OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack v2.1.143

EDIT : Using NuTracks v247 from Banana's this doesnt seem to happen anymore.
I have the same problem with v247 (trying to convert regular track to electrified one), but going back to v239, all is working fine.
I'm using OpenTTD nightly r27055.
y2000rtc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by y2000rtc »

Hi all, please one question. I'm using this newgrf file but I would like to have for all tracks (railways) the original design (lowest speed railway). Don't you know how can I change something in nfo file or any parameter for changing of railway design? For future I would like to have original design (lowest speed) with fences. Does exist any posibility for changing of this? Thanks.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

aantono wrote:I have the same problem with v247 (trying to convert regular track to electrified one), but going back to v239, all is working fine.
I'm using OpenTTD nightly r27055.
I checked all combinations of unelectrified and electrified track, and conversion worked for all of them. Does anyone else have this problem?
y2000rtc wrote:I would like to have for all tracks (railways) the original design (lowest speed railway). Don't you know how can I change something in nfo file or any parameter for changing of railway design?

I would like to have original design (lowest speed) with fences.
There is no graphics switching implemented in NuTracks at this point, and when I do implement it, it probably won't be very detailed. What you could do is download the source code/graphics, replace all other track graphics files by the very low speed one and rebuild the NewGRF. Same for the fences.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I never observed such conversion problem.

By the way, is it possible to make rail downgrade cost 0 or less than 0?
Expensive tracks are sometimes a trap - player should have possibility to downgrade even if he run out of money
(and in real life downgrade does not cost anything or even give you income from copper scrapped from unused catenary).

I found graphical glitch, but unsure if it is related to ISR or NuTracks - if narrow gauge tracks are used, they are displayed as maglev on most of the Industrial Reneval Set station tiles.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I have been trying to use NuTracks 2 r247 with the latest Serbian narrow gauge set.

I have a problem with the GUI rail building tool sprites showing maglev instead of narrow gauge. Also, as McZapkie mentioned, ISR station tiles are showing maglev track.
NuTracks_Serbian_ng.png
NuTracks_Serbian_ng.png (34.66 KiB) Viewed 8534 times
This new version of the Serbian narrow gauge set, now has support for railtypes GRFs that supply narrow gauge rail. The old track replacement GRF (ngrailsw.grf) is no longer required. I realise that NuTracks had support for the older Serbian narrow gauge set, that did use ngrails.grf, and originally thought my problems were due to this.

So I tried turning off the parameter for automatic train set selection. I then had to set the parameter to force narrow gauge tracks on. I got exactly the same result.

Next, I removed the Serbian narrow gauge set from my GRF config. and added IronHorse instead. The NuTracks narrow gauge also gave the same problems with IronHorse narrow gauge.
NuTracks_IronHorse_ng.png
NuTracks_IronHorse_ng.png (42.69 KiB) Viewed 8534 times
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Is this a known problem using monorails?
Attachments
Bonningville Transport, 2de Mrt 1990.png
(204.86 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I've fixed ISR so that it now shows the correct track type when used with NuTracks narrow gauge. This will be available in the next ISR release, v1.0.2 coming soon. :wink:
ISR_NuTracks.png
ISR_NuTracks.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

mart3p wrote:I have a problem with the GUI rail building tool sprites showing maglev instead of narrow gauge.
That's because there aren't any narrow gauge GUI sprites in NuTracks. I've added them to the to-do list, but no time guarantees as usual.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

We are waiting for the Nutracks release :D ...ISR 1.0.2 its on download :P
adf88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by adf88 »

Hi there. I have a suggestion. Perhaps it was brought up earlier but TL;DR.

The suggestion is about to improve what happens when crossing different tracks together.
Let's say we have a pair of tracks:
1.png
1.png (30.58 KiB) Viewed 7872 times
If we cross them, the railtype will remain unchanged:
2.png
2.png (53.91 KiB) Viewed 7872 times
I'm proposing a different behaviour - upgrade the railtype:
3.png
3.png (52.45 KiB) Viewed 7872 times
How could this be achieved? By manipulation the "has power on" property (0F).
When crossing railtype A with railtype B, OpenTTD will convert the tile to B if:
- A has power on B
- B hasn't power on A
If A and B were mutually powered or mutually non-powed, OpenTTD can't say which one is "better" and doesn't perform any conversion.

So if we would like NuTracks to be converted from lower speeds to higher speeds when crossing different tracks together, the "has power on" property would have to be changed. Currently higher speed railtype engines "have power on" lower speed railtype tracks. This would have to be turned off.

Code: Select all

property 0F - current
    VL  VLE L   LE  M   ME  H   HE  VHE
VL  1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1
VLE 0   1   0   1   0   1   0   1   1
L   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1
LE  0   1   0   1   0   1   0   1   1
M   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1
ME  0   1   0   1   0   1   0   1   1
H   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1
HE  0   1   0   1   0   1   0   1   1
VHE 0   1   0   1   0   1   0   1   1

Code: Select all

property 0F - proposed
    VL  VLE L   LE  M   ME  H   HE  VHE
VL  1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1   1
VLE 0   1   0   1   0   1   0   1   1
L   0*  0*  1   1   1   1   1   1   1
LE  0   0*  0   1   0   1   0   1   1
M   0*  0*  0*  0*  1   1   1   1   1
ME  0   0*  0   0*  0   1   0   1   1
H   0*  0*  0*  0*  0*  0*  1   1   1
HE  0   0*  0   0*  0   0*  0   1   1
VHE 0   0*  0   0*  0   0*  0   0*  1
Of course the proposed changes would have impact on existing engines that are defined to be of NuTracks railtypes. Are there any such engines out there? If the change would be implemented, higher-speed engines would be disallowed on lower speed tracks.
:] don't worry, be happy and checkout my patches
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Is there a way to disable the fences in NuTracks? I want to try build a scenario as close to real life as I can and some railway lines in the city have brick fences. The fences in Vast are excellent for this, but can still see the fences that NuTracks uses.
Attachments
BrickFence-1.jpg
BrickFence-1.jpg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

fences should be removed, if the company owning the rails is the same as the company owning the objects.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

nutracks 2 R247 : there seems to be missing Fence graphic for one diagonal for low speed and medium speed track (see screenie)
Attachments
romazoon Transport, 7 Jul 1960.png
(95 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Hello,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere in the forums, or if I have put this in the wrong place.

Firstly, I've really been enjoying NuTracks: it odds a lot more flavour to the game for me.

I have noticed an issue in relation to NuTracks and UKRS2.

Both the Eurostar and the Hitachi A-train have differential speeds based on whether running on 3rd rail or catenary: 100mph only on 3rd rail, 186mph / 155mph on catenary.

With NuTracks, unfortunately, both trains are restricted to 100mph, even when run on very high speed catenary, which I have set to enable 186mph.

Presumably this is an issue with how NuTracks and UKRS2 interact: UKRS2 (and the add-on set) think that all the NuTrack infrastructure is 3rd rail, presumably?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on this.

Olly.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

OllyG wrote:Presumably this is an issue with how NuTracks and UKRS2 interact: UKRS2 (and the add-on set) think that all the NuTrack infrastructure is 3rd rail, presumably?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on this.

Olly.
I think you have to ask the authors of UKRS2 how they interact with track sets, as such a speed dependency is controlled by the train set, so it might be that their callbacks do not correctly identify the tracks of this set.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Thanks for that. Yes, I was thinking the same after I made the post: I will put the same question on the relevant board.

Olly.
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello Oberhümer, it would be more productive if you could disable individual track types (such as Metro Railways) would then have to use the track type slots acts grf's (Cablecar, Wired, Wires etc ..) space.
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
dromer20
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dromer20 »

Hi, I'm using Nutracks (latest version) , but the maintenance cost multiplier doesn't work correctly when i use a value other than a multiple of 10. I.e. when i set it to 10, and then change it to 15 the maintenance costs of (very) high speed tracks don't change. I'm guessing maybe it's being rounded out to whole numbers somewhere (use of integer instead of float?)?
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Hi guys,

I was trying to use my French Narrow Gauge set with NuTracks.
After playing with both in the same game, everything seems fine, but I seem to understand the NuTracks set might be missing two tracktypes I'm using:

NAA3 (third-rail narrow gauge tracks)
NAAZ (NG tracks with both third-rail and catenary)

I was expecting both these types to exist in NuTracks, or at least to default to the most appropriate fallback (in this case, NAAE).

Just as a reminder, I'm following the "standardized rail type scheme". There, you can see that the types of electrification "3" and "Z" are well documented, and should default to "E".

It would be great if you could add compatibility between NuTracks and those two NG tracktypes! ;)
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

probably a stupid question but do i have to use the NuTracks crossing signals? i dont really like how they look at all and would much rather have the ones that are included in my current road set to show....is that even possible?

Return to “Graphics Development”