BR Set 0.3 - somewhere between 0%-100% done

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I'm glad you all want to see the APT but personally I am more looking forward to the steam locos. Much more fun. Especially with the beautiful liveries of the passenger cars... This will be a great set but a ton of work I'm afraid. THANKS for doing it for us!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Guys, don't pressure them! This is the whole reason that Michael avoids this place... I'm sure Chris and Ronnie are working hard, in their spare time, which (as in my case ATM) is in short supply...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Let them do the work on BR set.

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello people:

I agree with Raichase the people who work on the set for this very old game. this why I see why Michael avoids this place . as for Chris and Ronnie they need to be left a lone so they can finish they work the are doing. Our group feels that they should be left alone.

thank you

Czar Aleksander Nikolai VIII
Princess Chicibu
and the People of the
New Russian Empire
1998-
Last edited by CZAR ALEKSANDER on 17 Nov 2003 23:06, edited 2 times in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I seem to recall posting a big THANKS, and I'll say it again:
THANKS!
And we don't mean to be pests....
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris 'Awkward' McKenna »

I'm eagerly awaiting this set - in particular the class 180s - so a very big thanks from me.

Chris
Anything can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit
--Author Unknown
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

I've not heard from Ronnie for a while, and I'll not trouble him for the moment, but I thought I'd at least put in to-do list for the moment.

* 370 (APT EMU)
* 180 (Adelante DMU)
* 142/143 (Pacer DMU)
* 55 (Deltic DE)
* 375 (Electrostar DMU)
* 365/465 (Networker - possibly with 166 DMU counterpart)
* 190 (Haven't thought of a name for it yet DMU)
* 395 (Also haven't thought of a name for it yet EMU)

Remember that interspersed with this list are random acts of coursework that will occasionally rise to the top. Not only that, but I don't guarantee that all of the above will ever be done.

As for the steam era, Ronnie tells me that he'll be working on that part.

In the meantime, the APT service now approaching platform 3 has been cancelled, and replaced with a conventional Class 86. :(
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Can Ronnie post his prgoress on Steams? 8)
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

No word from Ronnie yet, so I'll just report back on some of the things I've been looking at. The APT graphics have been tweaked, and now have 4 directions (just the diagonals to go - sigh). There are also some things coming which weren't on my previous to-do list. You can start guessing if you like. When guessing, remember that I'm not dealing with steam, but the diesels and electrics.
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Class 55 Deltics?
--Author Unknown
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

I meant guessing as to the things that aren't already the above to-do list :)
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

doh!
--Author Unknown
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

So, we've established that impending arrival #1 is the APT. Here's a look at the Metro-Cammell Class 101 DMU lined up for comparison next to impending arrival #2. Of course, if anyone still wants to guess at impending arrival #3 ...
Attachments
On the right, a 101.  On the left, something from 1983.  Can you guess what it is yet?
On the right, a 101. On the left, something from 1983. Can you guess what it is yet?
comparison.png (722 Bytes) Viewed 5058 times
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

different livery? :]

/me has no knowledge of BR trains :o
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Fuzzy Logix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuzzy Logix »

i don't know wether this data sheet is of any use to you but i found it a fair whilst ago.

ps you need MS Excel 2000 to view it
Attachments
TRAINS.XLS
(80.5 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Let there Be AI:
Let there Be Fuzzy Logix
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

GoneWacko wrote:different livery? :]
Hint: Note that the unit on the right, of normal size, is rather taller than the one on the left. Why do you think that might be? ;)

Fuzzy Logix: While it's fairly incomplete, the data is has might prove very useful, especially given the Diesel section covers the older stuff, which is what I need some data for. I also get the feeling that this data was originally rather old, judging by the "Class 252" listing. Thanks anyway.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

ChrisCF wrote:
GoneWacko wrote:different livery? :]
Hint: Note that the unit on the right, of normal size, is rather taller than the one on the left. Why do you think that might be? ;)
The left one is a cabriolet version ? :wink:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You aren't making the Tube are you?
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

krtaylor wrote:You aren't making the Tube are you?
Now that would be funny, seeing those curved Tube trains on long distance routes.... :wink:
Although, of course, the Tube trains do run above ground when they're not in Central London so they wouldn't be that unrealistic for local trains, after all.
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Indeed, what you saw above was an example of 1983 LUL tube stock. There are different liveries with mostly the same shape over the years, but with the possibility of increasing capacity.

It is important at this point to remember that there are four types of trains that run on the lines on the Underground map.

1. Tube trains
These run in lines which have deep tubes, e.g. Victoria, Waterloo & City, Bakerloo, Northern. They are a mere 9'6" tall (2.8m), as opposed to the usual 12' (3.65m). If you ever see a rare photo of one of these lined up against another type of stock, then you're lucky. Very rarely will you see tube stock line up next to anything other than tube stock in regular service. Old 1938 tube trains now run the Island Line on the Isle of Wight, where BR has classified them 483.

2. Sub-surface trains
These run in lines which run underground, but not in tubes. This is especially useful for lines which share tracks, e.g. the District, Circle and Metropolitan. In fact, the main types running are "A" (for Amersham, one terminus on the Met), "C" (running on the Circle) and "D" (on the District). I'm uncertain of the height of these, since I don't have any appropriate photos from Richmond station, but I assume they are of similar height to conventional rail units. This will be a case of changing the livery more than anything.

3. Conventional trains
Mostly 317s running on the North London Line, run these days by Silverlink Metro. A District Line spur terminates at Richmond. The NLL terminates at Richmond. Hence, photos of two types of train sitting side by side at platforms 4 and 5 would be nice. *hint to any locals*

4. Strange, tram-like things
These are fully-automated units that patrol the Docklands Light Railway (the DLR). there have been a couple of types over the years, none of which have I really ever seen closely. Oh, well. There's also the Croydon Tramlink, which really are trams running on a combination of ballasted and embedded track, but you typically don't see those on the basic Underground map :)

So, in summary, seeing LUL trains running above ground isn't uncommon, since considerably more of the Underground runs above ground than you might think at first, making them a surprisingly visually-impressive option for local rail systems (which I am hoping to put on the monorail, if Ronnie agrees with it). The main reason for the mixture of tube and sub-surface stock is that before nationalisation, the various lines were run by different companies (such as the London Metropolitan Railway [Metropolitan], the London & District Metropolitan Railway [District], Baker St. and Waterloo Railway [Bakerloo], etc.), some of which, like the Bakerloo and Northern, ran in deep tubes, others such as the District and Met ran just below the ground in sub-surface tunnels.

Right - off to write some more code. GRaphics work on the back burner for a week or so. No work for a week unless a massive flash of inspiration comes through with high priority.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

hmmm, diesels

http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/sto ... index.html

:)

if you see ronnie, tell him to put the Jinty back in, I miss that loco from TTO

Return to “Graphics Development”