[WIP] Fantasy Rails

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

KittenKoder
Engineer
Engineer

[WIP] Fantasy Rails

Post by KittenKoder »

Don't be fooled by the title, basing it off sci-fi works actually, just as we pass science fiction works we realise that much of the technology dreams in the past are just fantasy for various reasons, however they are eye candy. Unlike some other concepts, these are what could have been but were never built or designs based on science fiction concepts. When I code them, they will not all be one type, they will span everything from maglev to steam (there's a lot of steam in older science fiction). These trains will also not be meant to unbalance, they will be comparable to engines of the eras they appear in, they are meant as eye candy engines only. To demonstrate my concept these are the first two sprites I have made, of course comments and constructive criticism are appreciated. The first is based on the movie Ghost of Mars, the long distance passenger transport, maglev but slow and powerful. Great for industrial punk fans actually. The second is an engine based on HR Giger's Aliens, dark and foreboding, will likely be a diesel powered freight train. Again, these are eye candy and will not be unbalanced. The Martian one will probably appear in the 1980's, the Giger one I'm not sure.

Note: They use both company colors, though the Giger one uses only a touch of the second color.
Attachments
martian.png
martian.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
giger.png
giger.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
You gotta enjoy the little things. - Zombieland
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Fantasy Rails

Post by Emperor Jake »

KittenKoder wrote:Giger one I'm not sure.
1979 of course :wink:

Very interesting sprites you have there. This is very similar to the NUTS project, though. Maybe they could be combined into one set?
KittenKoder
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [WIP] Fantasy Rails

Post by KittenKoder »

Emperor Jake wrote:
KittenKoder wrote:Giger one I'm not sure.
1979 of course :wink:

Very interesting sprites you have there. This is very similar to the NUTS project, though. Maybe they could be combined into one set?
Was considering just contributing to that one, but likely not similar enough of an idea. Trying for a more realistic feel than those. 1979 for the Giger one actually sounds like a good idea. Right now I'm working on sprite vs. game changes, before I develop more of them. Many will need to fit with other cars, though not all.
You gotta enjoy the little things. - Zombieland

Return to “Graphics Development”