LRVS - Light Road Vehicle Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Re: LRVS - Light Road Vehicle Set(help welcome)

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I'm happy to wait a few days :)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

OK! Bugs fixed, also, the Caddy pickup no longer is CC'ed(I think CC makes things too boring).
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Remarul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Remarul »

hello, could we make these also as AI vehicles? I mean, to be used as normal traffic on roads (in the cities and more scarcely on the roads) ... just for the realism that our trucks dont drive all alone :P ... just an idea
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

That AIs already exist: TownCars and Street Traffic
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Remarul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Remarul »

..ah, :oops: ok, sorry for the interruption then.
jakebomey2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jakebomey2 »

just dont give these vehicles orders just let them run without orders
and ai's use these too so dont cry
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Great set, but there's one thing that bugs me...
What is it with these purple windows cropping up everywhere? They look really ugly IMO. Window colour should be mauve.

Thanks,
Jake
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I don't really have the time or the will to keep working on this. I have fixed some things, I'll post what I have done later or tomorrow.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Just a suggestion, but if you post your sprites and code so far and release it under GPLv2 or similar, hopefully someone else will find the time to complete it?
Jon
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Kind of late, but here's the source (GRF Maker project+graphics). Consider it released under the terms of the GPL, version 2.
What I was thinking of in the short term:
I wanted to replace the VW Caddy with the more widely used regular VW bus, remove the valuable carrying ability of the UPS Van, add first generation VW LT graphics and possibly a version of the Sprinter that can carry wood and steel.
I was in the middle of reworking the Atego graphics and was just before drawing a Fuso Canter. Additionally, I was planning to rewrite everything in NML.

Who knows - I might yet come back to working on this set.
Attachments
lrvs.zip
(52.64 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

Remarul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Remarul »

:bow: a bow of encouragement!

You come from the city where they made Elder Scrolls?! nice :)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: LRVS - Light Road Vehicle Set

Post by oberhümer »

[XXX free time] - expect version 0.2 soon, with mostly redone graphics. It will be written in NML and incompatible with previous versions, since the Caddy is replaced by a normal VW bus that cannot carry all the same cargos.
Last edited by oberhümer on 12 Feb 2012 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zajc3w
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zajc3w »

Eddi wrote:i have seen sprinters do 150km/h ;)

I'm driving sprinter 313 LWB extra high roof and it can go 100Mph with about 1200 kg payload, at such speeds forget about fuel economy, but..... ;P

Return to “Graphics Development”