A Newbie in these forums looking for nice enchantements

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

A Newbie in these forums looking for nice enchantements

Post by Villem »

I already got most of michael bluncks stuff and i dled some stuff but i noticed that they are exe files some of them and i don't want to use em because i want to be able to use the graphics when i want by using newgrfw.cfg not totally replacing original stuff..i liked Traffic Set v2 bridges but not the roads. Im also looking a way mix sets(long vehicles set with Cargo set so i can take certain vehicles i want).
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

it's newgrfw.TXT if you don't mind
<!-- End Of Post !-->
way2good
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by way2good »

You maybe gotta do it all by yourself
...Not so hard if you know how to change graphics
....Try learning it (there is many topics for that)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

BobXP wrote:it's newgrfw.TXT if you don't mind
i use cfg..if you don't mind. and i think i wont gona go modify the files...looks complex to modify..
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

how come, the patch requires it to be called newgrfw.txt
<!-- End Of Post !-->
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

It's a config file in the latest patch and be nicer to new members
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Yes, it is cfg, I had a file called newgrfw.txt which was confusing me. So I put that in the newgrfw.cfg file and then deleted it.
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I think you owe and apology to the new member... :wink: (or maybe you should read the manual? :P )
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Re: A Newbie in these forums looking for nice enchantements

Post by Raichase »

Akalamanaia wrote:I already got most of michael bluncks stuff and i dled some stuff but i noticed that they are exe files some of them and i don't want to use em because i want to be able to use the graphics when i want by using newgrfw.cfg not totally replacing original stuff..i liked Traffic Set v2 bridges but not the roads. Im also looking a way mix sets(long vehicles set with Cargo set so i can take certain vehicles i want).
To get around the exe files, back up your current graphics file (can someone prompt me on the name please?), before installing the new graphics. If you like the new graphics, keep it, if not, go back to your old ones.

So, sya your downloaded 3 things. You would backup the file, install the first one. You like it, so you backup the graphics file again and install the next one. You don't like that, so you go back to the older one.

The reason that not many files are in grf form is the total number of sprites. TT has a total amount of sprites that can't be exceeded. That is why people like Michael resent the fact that these grfs like tempinh even exist. They can be .exe files, and should be as in the future, they will clash with the "official" patch sets, and it will become one or the other. .grf files should only be used when they are needed, as sprite limits will hamper the future development of sets if people use up all avalible sprites with needless grf files.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Sokko
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Sokko »

(prompt, prompt) There are a few main graphic files, and they all start with the letters TRG. Simply select them in Explorer, then click Copy and then Paste; this creates files named "Copy of trg1r.grf", etc. When you want to restore to your old graphic files, delete the ones which are not copies and rename the copies by deleting the "copy of" in front of the name.
How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Copy paste them in a new map, then you don't need to rename them
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Copy paste them in a new map, then you don't need to rename them
You mean new directory right?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

map/folder/directory
I don't know how you all call them

Return to “Graphics Development”