[OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] PJ1K (UKRS) - Public Alpha (pa 0.3) 31/10/2009

Post by lawton27 »

NekoMaster wrote:
lawton27 wrote:Perfect timing, I decided that a replacement for the AEC railcar would be a good idea, it took me a while to think of a modern day railcar, then I remembered the class 121 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_121) It's been in service from 1960 - till present, I drew a few livery so that it could change over time, (chronological order reading down).
Ahh, nice, could you draw more COmmuters, I love them for well, commuter use :3 its always good to use Commuters on lines that will fit them , but have short distance between stops
Sure, I probably won't be done today or maybe tomorrow, I have a busy schedule, but I'll do one, where you thinking anything specific out of the images on the page here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commuter_r ... ed_Kingdom
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

lawton27 wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
lawton27 wrote:Perfect timing, I decided that a replacement for the AEC railcar would be a good idea, it took me a while to think of a modern day railcar, then I remembered the class 121 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_121) It's been in service from 1960 - till present, I drew a few livery so that it could change over time, (chronological order reading down).
Ahh, nice, could you draw more COmmuters, I love them for well, commuter use :3 its always good to use Commuters on lines that will fit them , but have short distance between stops
Sure, I probably won't be done today or maybe tomorrow, I have a busy schedule, but I'll do one, where you thinking anything specific out of the images on the page here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commuter_r ... ed_Kingdom
Well, could you do that ones in UKRS that Pikka Took out in PJ1K and the Class 221 SuperVoyager, Class 251\261 Bull Pullman (though since it will be company colored it might not be blue)

Oh, btw, maybe do the Class 23 Baby Deltic, its not a commuter but still interesting ?
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Hmm, what can I say, lawton27...

The Pacifics look good. :) I'm still not sure about the shading on the forward-facing diagonals of the Coronation, would you mind if I altered them just a few pixels?

The 2-6-4 is awful. Completely wrong scale, completely wrong shape. Since it's a UKRS loco, I guess I don't mind doing this one myself. Yep, I am a perfectionist and this is why I don't often work on collaborative sets.

The 121 looks alright, but it's already included in the main set...

I've started a new thread for the addon set here, can we have any further discussion or posting of graphics there please?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

andythenorth wrote:It's 1957 and I'm using v0.3. I'm well-provided with steam, but when do I get some diseasels? :)

I guess an EMD SW switcher is kind of British, there's one not far from here.
What ar eyou talking about? the EMD SW1XXX Switchers\Shunters are American
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

andythenorth wrote:I'm well-provided with steam, but when do I get some diseasels? :)
Any second now!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

andythenorth wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:What ar eyou talking about? the EMD SW1XXX Switchers\Shunters are American
Oh. :oops: I stand corrected.

Or not.
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19666
http://alcoworld.railfan.net/alco_gb.htm
Ok, so maybe GMD made a shunter for export, but its not part of the main EMD Switcher line, SW1000, SW1200, SW1500
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Hmm.... playing this again, some of the wagons make it too expensive to run trains, so i have to use UKRS wagons.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Hi Pikka,

I've played a game to 1985 with P1JK and FIRS. It's been fun. Making regular income is not hard, but it's hard to make silly money (quite a small map, inflation on, difficulty mostly hard). I like that. Trains are balancing well against FISH, HEQS and eGRVTS. Cargo support looks comprehensive. P1JK train reliability is decreasing around 1985, and the wagons kind of suck by now, so I'm switching trains to NARS...gives me a reason to play another P1JK game when there's more rolling stock.

Wrong thread, but the mauve-black grf is great. P1JK livery support is great, I couldn't really care less about realistic train liveries, but it's been fun to see that BR green and blue look right with the TTD colours. If you were thinking of more custom colours, a brown/red colour would work for both maroon (coaches) and bauxite (wagons). Pink is close, but no cigar.

I'd do some screenies, but they're coming out corrupt, some kind of dull computing issue my end. Another time....

cheers,

Andy
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Thanks Andy. :) Glad to hear your enjoying it. On livery colours, I had thought of including a parameter which coloured vehicles "realistically", instead of company colour...

I'm heading to Japan on Friday, once I've settled in I'll be back to grfing a few hours a day. :)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

PikkaBird wrote:Thanks Andy. :) Glad to hear your enjoying it. On livery colours, I had thought of including a parameter which coloured vehicles "realistically", instead of company colour...

I'm heading to Japan on Friday, once I've settled in I'll be back to grfing a few hours a day. :)
Nice, I wonder if they have pineapples in japan where your going :3

I would actually like to try playing with realistically coloured trains, you should try having a refit option like they have in the World Airliners set or have it random liverys like in the US or Canadian Set
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

NekoMaster wrote:

Nice, I wonder if they have pineapples in japan where your going :3

I would actually like to try playing with realistically coloured trains, you should try having a refit option like they have in the World Airliners set or have it random liverys like in the US or Canadian Set
Real liveries would be nice, and I like the refittable option better than random. But could it please be so that the liveries don't change automatically depending on the year? I like the variety that is created by trains being in different liveries. For example I sometimes go back in time using cheats just to get a different livery but in some sets this doesn't work.

Thanks,
Jake

ps: enjoy Japan :D
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [OTTD] PJ1K (UKRS) - Public Alpha (pa 0.2) 25/10/2009

Post by Ailure »

PikkaBird wrote:As far as futuristic locos go, I had an idea to have "preserved/rebuilt" steam engines rather then the Wardale. That's still in the early planning stages though.
The Wardale 5AT and 604 are my personal favorites from the UKRS set. There's just a certain charm with modern and futuristic steam engines and it would be a shame to see it dropped with PJ1K. However the idea with "Preserved Steam Locomotive" I like, even if it probably would be more for aesthetics (pretend it's for tourists) than gameplay.

As soon I'm back from work, I'm gonna play with this set and give my opinion. UKRS was my favorite trainset until NARS was released with it's improved gameplay (Just the fact that running costs are lower for stopped trains made me prefer NARS, which made "realistic-style" networks less punishing).

The fact that I can in the future run this along NARS in the future is great too, and will be a godsend for multiplayer games (or just games where you might try to simulation regions with different engines. ;) )
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

PikkaBird wrote:Thanks Andy. :) Glad to hear your enjoying it. On livery colours, I had thought of including a parameter which coloured vehicles "realistically", instead of company colour...

Personally I'd prefer it as a parameter, with the following settings.

0 - (default) Uses the 2CC colour schemes as the set does atm.

1 - When you build a train or wagon it picks a random livery from a bank of real life liverys (of course partially date based)

2 - When you build a train it defaults as 2CC but can be refit to any livery from the real life bank by the player.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

lawton27 wrote:

Personally I'd prefer it as a parameter, with the following settings.

0 - (default) Uses the 2CC colour schemes as the set does atm.

1 - When you build a train or wagon it picks a random livery from a bank of real life liverys (of course partially date based)

2 - When you build a train it defaults as 2CC but can be refit to any livery from the real life bank by the player.
Seems like a good idea, it would be nice if you just did the livery in 2cc, bascially have the shapes and main colours as 2cc so that some trains can have your colour, that way if your playing as a company from real life, but decide to be like, what the hell, and buy trains another company in real life bought, it would sitll be in your colours
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hy!

Is that possible to use this set with the UKRS? I know the PJ1K made to be compatible with NARS, but I planning to play an UK game, and I want to use the PJ1K and UKRS, but as I see these sets aren't compatible :?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

colossal404 wrote:Hy!

Is that possible to use this set with the UKRS? I know the PJ1K made to be compatible with NARS, but I planning to play an UK game, and I want to use the PJ1K and UKRS, but as I see these sets aren't compatible :?
No they arent, you can use them together but the scale is differnt between UKRS and PJ1K, and also PJ1K has running costs on its wagons.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

No, the scale and running costs are no problem for me, I want to ask how to disable the error of the PJ1K if the UKRS is loaded?
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

colossal404 wrote:No, the scale and running costs are no problem for me, I want to ask how to disable the error of the PJ1K if the UKRS is loaded?
The parameters are specified on pikka's wiki under the PJ1K page.

Return to “Graphics Development”