[OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Post by Leanden »

I do believe the electrostar is already in either UKRS2 or UKRS2+ mostly because i have some running in my game, have u got electric rails built.
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Some Electrostars are 3rd Rail, so they won't appear with non-compatible track if you don't have it
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

doxlulzem wrote:Some Electrostars are 3rd Rail, so they won't appear with non-compatible track if you don't have it
The elecrostar in this set is Dual Voltage so should appear in 3rd rail and overhead lines.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

The indent in the roof of the 3rd carriage contains a pantograph for overhead lies while the bogeys at the front have shoegear attached for third rails (the power source in the photo), so it can run off either
Last edited by bvoice360 on 25 Oct 2014 11:55, edited 2 times in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

There's a dual-votage Electrostar in UKRS2.

So what is it you wanted?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

i dont see it-it might not be in the versions I am using (I am using UKRS2 and UKRS2+ for OTTD v1.3.3-i would be using a more up-to-date version but my old saves were from 1.3.3)

I have fixed the BBCode for the pic of what i was describing, but I do not know a way to downsize it, so sorry for the rather large image!
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

aaaaargh nvm i have constantly overlooked it all this time when it was right under my nose for 62 ingame years, i am such an unobservant numpty [derpface]
Kouban
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kouban »

Does anyone else find playing this grf basically miserable after 2000? The cost of running trains keeps going up, but they can't run any faster because the freight cars stop improving in 1985, locking you to speeds as low as 65 mph/104 kmh, so more and more trains end up running at a loss. Hell, eventually you can't even build trains to run livestock!
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

There is a mod you can get that enables the default wagons, not sure of the name though. I do side with you in thinking that the livestock cars that come with this mod are really crappy though, especially if you are using UKRS2 with a high-production ECS/default animal farm.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

bvoice360 wrote:There is a mod you can get that enables the default wagons, not sure of the name though.
I believe its OpenGFX trains, but it'll look very silly with its larger scale compared to URKS2]

EDIT : I just started a game in OpenTTD 1.5.0 in the year 2015 and I'm seeing a variety of stuff that runs at 60MPH (104 Km\h) or Faster. I dunno how some of you people play but I'm still able to make a profit on freight and passenger in modern times
Last edited by NekoMaster on 05 May 2015 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Kouban wrote:Does anyone else find playing this grf basically miserable after 2000? The cost of running trains keeps going up, but they can't run any faster because the freight cars stop improving in 1985, locking you to speeds as low as 65 mph/104 kmh, so more and more trains end up running at a loss. Hell, eventually you can't even build trains to run livestock!
There's an element of realism in both of those things, although Pikka has basically suggested this was a bad route to follow and has ripped back the mechanics for Pineapple to be more game play friendly.

Put simply, in the UK, most freight vehicles are limited to 60-75mph. Certainly no freight is booked to run quicker than that (except mail).

Livestock movements really stopped when the "modal shift" happened - it's cheaper to move your cow by lorry. As the railway reacted to the more general move to the road and intermodal container traffic, lots of smaller goods yards (and station sidings etc) ceased to exist, and the desire to move a couple of cows to the station near the market by rail disappeared with it.

So there are no livestock trains now (and probably not since Dr Beeching). Ergo there's no Van.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

You can work around the lack-of-livestock-van issue if you have a well-connected network by building a whole bunch of livestock vans in the early years in various depots in your network, and in later years they will still be there when you want them, even if they have disappeared from the purchase menu. So, since wagon ages are pretty irrelevant, you can dust off your old strategic reserve of vans and hook them up to new engines to form livestock trains even in later years. You have the added excitement of needing to re-use existing depots and route new trains off to new stations using existing network tracks, which IMO is a tad more fun than just building an entirely new self-contained point-to-point connection.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Kouban wrote:The cost of running trains keeps going up
Turn off inflation before starting your next game. The TTD inflation model is fundamentally broken for reasons explained elsewhere on these forums.

The lack of a later livestock van really is realism gone mad, though. Perhaps I should do a recode of this set, similar to NARS 2.5? ;)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

PikkaBird wrote:Perhaps I should do a recode of this set, similar to NARS 2.5? ;)
A recode with a Pacer quickly shoved in would make me rather exciteable ;)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Is there no Pacer in the addon set? Sounds like an oversight someone should address. :)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

PikkaBird wrote:Is there no Pacer in the addon set? Sounds like an oversight someone should address. :)
Not that I have ever come across, pretty much everything except! Sprinters, Turbostars, the works, but no Pacer!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I dunno about a recode/remake of UKRS 2 like NARS 2.5, that ended up removing a lot of things I liked and now I find it hard to use NARS 2 as much as I did before.

If anything it'd be nice if we could keep the variety of engines we have already, even if theres only minor differences in stats and costs for some engines, just gives you more reason to be prudent in finding the exact locomotive for your needs, no more using high speed engines for long distance freight runs, or incredibly slow passenger trains where the people (and engineer) probably die from old age before they get to their stop.

I think things are mostly fine at the moment, though we could probably have some slight changes or additions for modern usage (maybe we could pretend that the UK still uses Livestock vans in modern times and thus make up our own british themed livestock wagon?)

Could also maybe add an over speed feature to the wagons like the old 2cc (NFO version) had, there by increasing running costs when wagons are run faster then their rated/service speeds. This should only be available on modern wagons that can run faster but rules and regulations disallow higher speeds. If at all possible higher speeds should also wear down the trains reliablity faster then if it where to remain at or below service speed, simulating increased wear and tear from the forces of running at higher then normal speeds.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

PikkaBird wrote:Is there no Pacer in the addon set? Sounds like an oversight someone should address. :)

Add a pacer for carrying livestock

Return to “Graphics Development”