[OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: [OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Post by PikkaBird »

Presumably, yes. Maximum reliability is completely random and both the introduction and withdrawal dates have a random factor - this is the case for all vehicles in OpenTTD, NewGRF or default.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

PikkaBird wrote:Presumably, yes. Maximum reliability is completely random and both the introduction and withdrawal dates have a random factor - this is the case for all vehicles in OpenTTD, NewGRF or default.
Ok, thank you. I never noticed. I was asking me since long time if it was a bug, specially because I often reload GRF's and wondered wheter I f*** some of my games.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is max reliability **completely** random? When we were working on the US Set, I thought there was a way to tweak it relatively up or down, so as to make the GG1 always on average more reliable and the TurboTrain relatively less so - though always still with a randomizing element.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I believe you can code the reliability decay, so that vehicles or engines stay healthy longer or break down faster (So decay may be higher on a EMD SD50 verses the reliability of a EMD SD40)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Asteconn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Asteconn »

Re the differences between the mail carriage and express mail carriage, I find that having the two despite being functionally identical is quite useful when doing mass upgrades or conversions. I can swap one for the other and back again as needed.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I do find it extremely annoying that the express mail carriage cannot go at the speed of express trains. Did not the historic long-distance high-speed express trains also have a mail coach? If I recall, they even had an extra surcharge if you sent mail using them, because of the high speed.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

krtaylor wrote:extremely annoying
Fine, you've convinced me. Just this once. :roll:
Attachments
fueceap.grf
Faster UKRS2 Express Car for Extremely Annoyed People.
(254 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

:D :D :D 8)
Thanks!
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Just a lil' question. Do you ever think about adding some more trains? I know we have enogh to make the game worthwhile, but have you considered adding things such as Pacers (awful things, btw), the Class 68 and the Classes 88 and 800/801 when they come out? Or is Pineapple your main focus as of right now?
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I think I'm done with UKRS. :) But if anyone wants to pick up the ball and start coding add-ons, or even using the UKRS graphics for a completely new project, they're welcome to.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

PikkaBird wrote:I think I'm done with UKRS. :) But if anyone wants to pick up the ball and start coding add-ons, or even using the UKRS graphics for a completely new project, they're welcome to.
I think I will take that offer Pikka. I know next to nothing about coding, but I have a plan ;)
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

That is such a shame really as these is one of the best NewGRFs around. Maybe a 32bpp/EZ UKRS3 once you're done with PT? *hint hint wink wink*
:wink:
But this will still probably be one of the best NewGRFs
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

PikkaBird wrote:I think I'm done with UKRS. :)
Noooooo :o :( I'd have love to have seen you do some more stuff :(
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I'm doing some more stuff. Just not UKRS. :P

If you want a new fix of 8bpp UK-ish stuff, Iron Horse is the place to be looking. :)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

PikkaBird wrote:I'm doing some more stuff. Just not UKRS. :P

If you want a new fix of 8bpp UK-ish stuff, Iron Horse is the place to be looking. :)
eeh, I find your art style and drawing technique is hard to find in other GRFs, something about how you do it all, just marvellous.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

Leanden wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:I think I'm done with UKRS. :) But if anyone wants to pick up the ball and start coding add-ons, or even using the UKRS graphics for a completely new project, they're welcome to.
I think I will take that offer Pikka. I know next to nothing about coding, but I have a plan ;)
what do you mean by 'plan'? Bug someone who does know some coding to add in the local Electrostar variant (you know what I mean as you only live one railway stop west of me)?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

bvoice360 wrote:
Leanden wrote:
what do you mean by 'plan'? Bug someone who does know some coding to add in the local Electrostar variant (you know what I mean as you only live one railway stop west of me)?
You live at headcorn then? ;) Unless you think im in Paddock Wood, in which case you live in Marden :P
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Redirect Left wrote:eeh, I find your art style and drawing technique is hard to find in other GRFs, something about how you do it all, just marvellous.
Form your own opinion, but about half of Iron Horse is just pillaged from UKRS. So eh?
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

Leanden wrote:
bvoice360 wrote:
Leanden wrote: I think I will take that offer Pikka. I know next to nothing about coding, but I have a plan ;)
You live at headcorn then? ;) Unless you think im in Paddock Wood, in which case you live in Marden :P
Updating my account location info then

Also, could you do that? The Electrostar is a major UK train type and belongs in a UK rail set, unless they are planning to add it to (I think made by fans of UKRS2) UKRS2+

Return to “Graphics Development”