[OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] UKRS2 - Latest version 1.05 (02/01/2013)

Post by TheGrew »

Hi Pikka, if you did decide to do a re-code could you alter the A train to behave more like a Class 800 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_800
Would love to see a Pacer too and/or even a D train.

This is still my favorite set though I appreciate why you ceased development on this and NARS.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

While we are on the subject of things to be added (to this finished set, no longer supported by the dev :P ), i'd like to see that Vossloh G1206 from the old UKRS added, as it makes a useful upgrade to the EE Type 1/Class 20, and of course the completion and addition of the various GWR express locos i've seen mentioned on the wiki would be laaaaverly.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

73/9* instead? Real, modern light-medium diesel, and the sprites for the standard 73 already exist. :D

*Heavily re-engineered class 73 with 1500hp on diesel as well as DC electric.

And yes, GWR mainline locos! I have so many GWR branches, but nothing for them to branch off from appropriately. :( 47xx express freight 2-8-0s would be particularly nice, there's a bit of a gap between the 8F (slow) and Mogul or later Jubilee (low TE).

(Yes, I know requesting more stuff, at least outside of third-party addons, is perhaps futile by now). :|
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

That could work nicely yes :)

GWR wise, a City, a Hall, a King and a 47xx would be handy. (Ooh! a 30xx would be nice too, and we could have it in ROD livery for the 1st World War...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

FLHerne wrote:73/9* instead? Real, modern light-medium diesel, and the sprites for the standard 73 already exist. :D

Yep. They're going to be fitted with Voyager engines!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Dave wrote:
FLHerne wrote:73/9* instead? Real, modern light-medium diesel, and the sprites for the standard 73 already exist. :D

Yep. They're going to be fitted with Voyager engines!
Huh? Are they really going to try fitting Class 220/221 engines into a 1970's Electro-Diesel? I wonder how that will go, does that mean the 73's will be able to run faster or pull more? Also how will that effect its 3rd rail performance?
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Dave

Post by Dave »

It won't affect it, from what I've read. The 73/9s will be totally rebuilt so will probably not resemble much about the original 73s internally. And yes, they are using a pair of Cummins QSK19s in each loco, which will give them 1,500hp (up from the 600hp they have now)

HOWEVER, these are just the Network Rail models. The GBRf examples are getting a 1,600hp MTU engine.

They'll also look different - getting the modern light clusters and moving the jumper cables in.

Not sure if this is happening for the Caledonian Sleeper models - since GBRf are providing them I'd say it's likely.

(This isn't really on topic though, sorry Pikka)
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Dave wrote:Not sure if this is happening for the Caledonian Sleeper models - since GBRf are providing them I'd say it's likely.
They are. First GBRF batch with MTUs (73961-965) are already done and in service, the sleeper batch will be done next and have a higher ETS rating. First two of the Cummins ones (73951/952) have also been finished, I think it's 952 that's being tested on the SVR currently. These two have lost all of their front clutter and look very strange indeed! :shock:

On both versions, DC power will be unchanged, the new engines will bring the power on diesel up to match that.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So if Pikka has indeed stopped development on this + its extension. Would he be against someone else picking it up, adding to it, correcting any issues or updating values per public demand (as long as they're not ridiculous naturally)? Such a fantastic set, I'd hate to see it be confined to history.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Redirect Left wrote:So if Pikka has indeed stopped development on this + its extension. Would he be against someone else picking it up, adding to it, correcting any issues or updating values per public demand (as long as they're not ridiculous naturally)? Such a fantastic set, I'd hate to see it be confined to history.
Pikka has thrown some hints in the add-on set topic that he might yet extend the add-on. My advice would be to get drawing :P
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Hello,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere in the forums, or if I have put this in the wrong place.

Firstly, I've really been enjoying UKRS2: I love the historic accuracy and the changing liveries.

I have noticed an issue in relation to NuTracks (current release) and UKRS2.

Both the Eurostar and the Hitachi A-train have differential speeds based on whether running on 3rd rail or catenary: 100mph only on 3rd rail, 186mph / 155mph on catenary.

With NuTracks, unfortunately, both trains are restricted to 100mph, even when run on very high speed catenary, which I have set to enable 186mph.

Presumably this is an issue with how NuTracks and UKRS2 interact: UKRS2 (and the add-on set) think that all the NuTrack infrastructure is 3rd rail?

On a different note, my thoughts on what additional vehicles could further enhance the playability (and historical accuracy) of UKRS2 are as follows:

* It would be great to have a faster electric locomotive / train, ahead of the APT. I was thinking of Class 87, at 110mph (using the high-speed Mark III coaches which are available from roughly that time), from 1974?

* Also, a faster EMU would be good, before the Class 321, something like 100mph Class 317, from 1981ish?

Finally, a couple of very small things. Unlike the original UKRS, Driving Van Trailers (DVTs) do not appear from the late 1980s when Class 86 or Class 90 locomotives are used for passenger services (DVTs do of course appear for Class 91s): this would be a nice feature to have, along with the option to use a DVT with other locomotives from that and the current era, like the Class 67.

Whilst I love the changing and accurate liveries, what would also be nice would be a feature to "freeze" the livery changes in about 1994, so as to be able to keep playing with what for me was the finest period for British train liveries: Intercity, Network Southeast and Regional Railways etc. A lot of the privatisation ones look very silly in my view!

Thanks again for all the work done on this set and its add-on, as well as OTTD generally: it is truly a great game.

Olly.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Hello Olly,

Checking the code, these are the labels the A-Train recognises as having overhead lines and which should give it it's higher top speed:

ELRL, 3RDC, CLOW, CMED, ELOW, EMED, EHIG, HSTR, DBNE, DBHE, DBHS

As far as I'm aware, these are the labels that NuTracks used at the time that UKRS2 was released. If it's not behaving properly now, I don't know why.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

PikkaBird wrote:ELRL, 3RDC, CLOW, CMED, ELOW, EMED, EHIG, HSTR, DBNE, DBHE, DBHS
NuTracks 2 doesn't use any of those labels except for ELRL (Low Speed Track with Catenary).
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you might want to reverse that check to search for 3rd rail types, and lower the speed on those. but probably needs a check for "railtype is powered on ELRL" check to ever work reliably (and future proof).
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Sylf wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:ELRL, 3RDC, CLOW, CMED, ELOW, EMED, EHIG, HSTR, DBNE, DBHE, DBHS
NuTracks 2 doesn't use any of those labels except for ELRL (Low Speed Track with Catenary).
NuTracks 2 changed labels to the Standardized Railtype Scheme.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Transportman wrote:NuTracks 2 changed labels to the Standardized Railtype Scheme.
That'd be the problem, then. :) No plans to fix this at the current time, I'm afraid.
OllyG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OllyG »

Not to worry. The game I was playing got to 1881, and I was able to "bodge" my newGRF set up to replace NuTracks with finescale tracks without screwing the game up...
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

Hello!
I found UKRS2 but its incompatible to Early rails.
I've seen a Vidio where are the sets used in same NewGRF configuration
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

NewGRFs are typically neither compatible nor incompatible with each other. As you've seen form my video, it's possible to have both. Exactly what issue are you running into?
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

I get the Error:
A Fatal NewGRF error has occured:
Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 9)

Return to “Graphics Development”