[OTTD] Old BROS Thread.

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

railwayman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [BROS] British Rail Openttd Set

Post by railwayman »

Nice set. Cant wait.

I saw that you have hard work guessing the UKRS locos.
1.PNG
1.PNG (35.33 KiB) Viewed 698 times
You should buy the book "Traction Recognition"
All the trains on network (2008 not before, not after), stats, pictures, etc.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

That class 20 does scrub up nice.

Thanks for that railwayman - although we had identified many. Unfortunately it looks like a couple of pikka's sprites we most wanted to use aren't available to us (since they're based on copyrighted work) but others will certainly be speeding up the process :-)

There's some interesting progress going on now, although we're still trying to get in touch with anyone else who's previously drawn UK trains or submitted to the BRset. We could also do with some new artists :-)
Jon
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

railwayman wrote:Nice set. Cant wait.

I saw that you have hard work guessing the UKRS locos.
1.PNG
You should buy the book "Traction Recognition"
All the trains on network (2008 not before, not after), stats, pictures, etc.
HST is a pair of 43s.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Knowledge isn't the problem, it's just a case of deciphering exactly which loco Pikka was modelling :-)

Eg a 55, 37 or 40 look very similar at this scale, and some of them are generic - eg the sprinter could easily apply to the 150, 151 or 155 (150) the super sprinter could just as easily be a 156, 158 or 159. (158, IMO).

You get the idea :p

And yes, two 43s+rake of mk3s = an IC125 - the problem is finding if there's a drawing we can use or whether we're starting from scratch.
Jon
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Ay theres certianly no lack of knowledge in BROS, otherwise its likely we wouldnt be doing the set :P
Giles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Giles »

I drew some sprites for a Southern class 377. I figured you'd have more use for it than me.
Southern  377- correct sprites.JPG
Southern 377- correct sprites.JPG (10.27 KiB) Viewed 3948 times

Seems to be an error in the colours, so uploaded to imageshack with true colours.

"http://img410.imageshack.us/i/southern3 ... sprit.png/"
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I might dust off my GRFMaker sprite editor this afternoon. There are lots of liveries to draw!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

audigex wrote:Knowledge isn't the problem, it's just a case of deciphering exactly which loco Pikka was modelling :-)

Eg a 55, 37 or 40 look very similar at this scale, and some of them are generic - eg the sprinter could easily apply to the 150, 151 or 155 (150) the super sprinter could just as easily be a 156, 158 or 159. (158, IMO).

You get the idea :p

And yes, two 43s+rake of mk3s = an IC125 - the problem is finding if there's a drawing we can use or whether we're starting from scratch.
Well that's where the stats come in too. The Type 3 is clearly based on a 37 because of the top speed (although 37s could originally do 90 they were downrated to 80) and also a 40 is a type 4. As for the 55 well that's clear enough based on the 100mph top speed and ridiculous HP!

Sprinter is either a 150/155 although the tracking table indicates a 150 which would be more logical due to the set representing the larger numbers. And as for the Super Sprinter top speed of 90 is indicative of a 158/159 and as to which one it is is irrelevant because 159/0s are diverted 158s with 50hp more per engine and 159/1s are just converted 158s with the usual engines. ;)
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Plus there are some 158s with 400hp, originally designed for the Welsh Marches but are now all over the place.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Yes, you can release my UK sprites under GPLv2. That applies to the early NERy electrics, the Class 76 and 77 and the 0-6-0 Tram engine as well from the UKRS..
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Thanks Dan :) the clarification makes life a lot easier.

Gav - fair point, I wasn't paying too much attention to the stats :p
Fortunately the 15x family are just about complete anyway, and the deltic just needs repainting. I'm not sure about the 37 and 40, but I think someone mentioned on IRC that they were about in one form or another.
Jon
railwayman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railwayman »

Giles wrote:Seems to be an error in the colours, so uploaded to imageshack with true colours.
JPG always does that.
Last edited by railwayman on 19 Sep 2009 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
railwayman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railwayman »

Do you need some class 66 sprites (First GBRf, Freightliner, Freightliner "Shanks", etc)?
Currently WIP
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Well if the UKRS sprites are used then it's the same as the Class 59. I hope they're not as that always seemed a bit small in game.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
railwayman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railwayman »

It isnt an old UKRS sprite. Its my own work.

When Im finished il post it here.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

There are some issues where things were drawn for the BRset which we may still be able to use, waiting on confirmation - I believe the 66 was one of them.

The best thing to do is join the IRC (#BROS at irc://irc.oftc.net/) and ask. Joining the forum (here) would also help, but there are a number of things which are not on there yet.

Obviously we're happy to accept contributions from anyone (no prior experience required!), but there's no point drawing something if it's already done - you just waste your own time which could be used for something useful. There's quite a lot already either finished or in progress, is the thing - so you're probably better off drawing something which definately hasn't been started until we know what the status is with everything.

The forum also contains some standards on sizing, scaling and liveries etc which are good to follow for a consistent set - we can't really accept anything if it has a totally different livery to those already drawn, since one or the other would just have to be repainted anyway. eg if drawing the mk3 coaches and DVT for the new virgin livery (not the old red/black) on the rake they've just leased, it wouldn't be much use if it doesn't match the existing pendolino and voyager.

I hope this helps - anyone is also very welcome to PM me to check whether the train they want to draw is likely to already be taken - I generally reply within 12 hours most days :-)
Jon
railwayman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railwayman »

So i completed the 66's + EWS 59.
I love theese locos.
The liveries from the top:
First GBRf
Freightliner
Freightliner 'Shanks'
DB Schenker
EWS Class 66
EWS Class 59
GBRf
GBRf 'METRONET'
DRS
DRS 'Eddie Stobart Rail'
BASE for you edits
Attachments
66standart.PNG
66standart.PNG (11.7 KiB) Viewed 669 times
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

Sorry to sink your boat but i think you should have made one and then asked us if it was good/acceptable, i would say all of them need improving quite a bit first, before repaints.

The \ / are not the correct scale, some shading i think is need in a lot places, the cab at the front is not big enough i think to. :)
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

railwayman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railwayman »

I know and i wont redo them. I found out that somebody is alredy making 66's. Didnt see that at first.
Beardie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Beardie »

railwayman wrote:I know and i wont redo them. I found out that somebody is alredy making 66's. Didnt see that at first.
ok ;)
Previously Known As Beardie27
Check out my UPDATED! Screenshot Thread
Check out my Railway Photography and Deviant Account

Return to “Graphics Development”