HQ Set [Paused / Abandonned]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

most of us connect road to that park ... right ?? well this 'connection' doesn't look good
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

i agree
<!-- End Of Post !-->
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

ah ok :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

HEADS UP

after quite a while i've opened up TRG1R.PCX once again :roll:

This is what I got so far... As you can see, the road doesn't connect 100% yet (some red pixels :shock: ) and there is a part of the wall that has to be removed...

Some other minor tweaks and that's another part for the upcoming new release of the HQ Set :roll:

It would be cool if the 0B action would also be available for the headquarters...
Quite a shame that it probably won't be :)

W I P
Zoomed in a bit so you can see it better
Attachments
Road-HQset-WIP.png
Road-HQset-WIP.png (35.18 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I like the little wall, very nice. Perhaps, instead of having the parking spots facing into the HQ, they should face the rear wall, and be parallel to the HQ...

Just a suggestion :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Nice :)
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Raichase wrote:I like the little wall, very nice. Perhaps, instead of having the parking spots facing into the HQ, they should face the rear wall, and be parallel to the HQ...

Just a suggestion :))
Could work... Maybe it won't... I don't really know.. (Isn't that much space...)

Maybe a parking structure would look cool too... :roll:
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

*deleted*

some crappy text .... you wouldn't understand
Last edited by SHADOW-XIII on 29 Aug 2003 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

ehhhh??

Sorry I don't really understand that msg :/
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

forget it
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I think he typed something, then didn't like it, so deleted it by writing over it...

I think a parking structure would look really good for the final HQ, but not really very practical (how would it fit!)

I'd love to see the first and second HQ's replaced, but the work on the final one (which is what most people see most of the time anyway), is really good. I love having a private helicopter...

Thanks for keeping up the good work GW :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here's what you do with the parking spaces. Get rid of them, and instead make it look like a gated ramp-entry to an underground parking garage. And look, there's the private elevator up the side so the CEO can go straight to his helicopter.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

krtaylor wrote:Here's what you do with the parking spaces. Get rid of them, and instead make it look like a gated ramp-entry to an underground parking garage. And look, there's the private elevator up the side so the CEO can go straight to his helicopter.
Of course! It would be so much easier to assume large amounts of parking than to draw it! Although I wonder how GW will draw the ramp (it would be hard to do right)

Well, whatever happens, I'll love it :))
ImageImage
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Drawing the ramp is easy also. Take screen-shot of a road going down the backside of a mountain. Cut out the section of road - there's your ramp. Then take a screen-shot of the entry to a road-tunnel going from lower left to upper right. The entry to the road tunnel that's visible, is the archway over your ramp-entry-black out the inside, then paste the sloped road you got above, in the right place. You could add a diagonal white stripe in the upper left of the tunnel, to be flourescent light-tubes. Then copy the closed striped crossing gate from a rail line going from upper left to lower right, with the road from lower left to upper right, and that's your barrier. Ta-da! Of course there will be minor fiddlings and diddlings, but you get the idea.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

krtaylor wrote:Here's what you do with the parking spaces. Get rid of them, and instead make it look like a gated ramp-entry to an underground parking garage. And look, there's the private elevator up the side so the CEO can go straight to his helicopter.
I had an idea like that...
Maybe i'll try it sometime today :)
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Hmm

My latest experiments with the set have actually started hurting TTD... It crashes when I start a game, and the game already went rather slow when I was in the Company Screen some times earlier

I think I can solve it... I'll have a look later today/this week
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Just changing around the graphics makes TTD crash? What would cause that?
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Well it could be that I did a little bit of drawing outside the normal square size... Other than that, I have no idea.

I talked to patchman about it and he said my grf changes could very well be the cause of my problems
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Well I did a clean install of TTD... And thus I don't have the files any more (can download them ofcourse)

But I am not really interested in TTD anymore :O
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Oh, dear. An apostate in our midst!

Return to “Graphics Development”