Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

XMJ
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Post by XMJ »

colossal404 wrote:It won't, but almost all of the cargoes would be transported in a box truck/trailer, so I think it won't look very good.
But that would still be better than no ECS support at all, wouldn't it? And there are some original cargos (like coal, wood, iron ore or oil) in ECS as well, so e.g. your hopper or tanker trucks will support it partially anyway. And people don't have to play your set if they don't like transporting the additional cargos in box trucks, so it would be nice if you make ECS support :mrgreen:
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

But Colossal said it will be compatible, not soon, but it will be. So..., I know it's not nice hearing it, but, be patient :) . I can't wait for the truck set to come out of the oven. I don't care which industry set will be compatible, i just want to have it :) ...

@ Colossal (offtopic)
On 31st July I'm going for vacation in my homecountry (Romania) and I'm passing through Szeged. I'll think at you and your set :mrgreen:

Cheers
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Redrawn of the 300s done:
396, 380 NE, 350, 315 (renamed 325)
396, 380 NE, 350, 315 (renamed 325)
features.PNG (31.56 KiB) Viewed 6808 times
The vote's result only set to 315 and 350, the 380 is the first of the 300 series, so it contains a lot of things from the 256, now, the painting too :) The 396 is now really looks like a full comfort level coach for very long distances.

XMJ:
Only the coches need to be able to transport tourists, or all of the other buses too?

Sensation Lover:

Anyone:
Aren't there any bugs or glitches in the set what i need to fix?
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Maybe both coaches and busses but coaches with better space conversion (coach with capacity of 100 passengers -> 50 tourists, bus with capacity of 100 passengers -> 25 tourists)
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
XMJ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by XMJ »

Kogut wrote:Maybe both coaches and busses but coaches with better space conversion (coach with capacity of 100 passengers -> 50 tourists, bus with capacity of 100 passengers -> 25 tourists)
Didn't know tourists are two times (or even four times) as fat as "normal" passengers :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sensation Lover wrote:But Colossal said it will be compatible, not soon, but it will be.
colossal404 wrote:Sensation Lover:
I'll take this as a confirmation for future ECS support. Thank you!
colossal404 wrote:XMJ:
Only the coaches need to be able to transport tourists, or all of the other buses too?
Only the coaches in my opinion, but supporting it for all of your busses will make everyone happy (I still wouldn't transport tourists in city busses, even if I could)

Keep up the great work!
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I agree with kogut. It seems fair to me.
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

If one see the extra space as being taken up by the tourist's luggage, lower capacity for tourists seems believable to me. As Coaches are already fairly optimized for tourism, perhaps something along these lines would be interesting:

Coach:
80 Passengers or 80 Tourists

City Bus:
80 Passengers or 60 Tourists

Unless you want commuters riding in the luggage holds, I think a coach should have similar capacity regardless of rider type...
Another way to imagine a capacity drop, is that a city bus being used for tourist transport might have larger, more comfortable seats refitted.

Best,
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

supermop wrote:If one see the extra space as being taken up by the tourist's luggage, lower capacity for tourists seems believable to me.
I'm guessing you haven't been on an airport transfer bus recently then :P
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

So, the Ikarus Set is now updated to 5.1, but still no support for tourists (I cannot find the cargo ID of tourists).
Changes:
-Entire 300 family redawn
-325 changed to 315
-C56 redrawn
-E94s are redrawn
-Some type's CC sprites are modified
-All of the capacities are changed for a bit more real value
-Some small glitches and bugs fixed
Attachments
changes.PNG
changes.PNG (4.55 KiB) Viewed 6641 times
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Wow... very nice job... little changes, big nice results! üdvözlet!!! :) (it's congratulations in hungarian)
I was in:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Thanks, but üdvözlet means greeting :)
So, for the tourist thing, I can only do that the tourist capacity will be 1/4 of the passenger capacity :( I think the trourist cargo definiated in a 4x bigger weight/size as a passenger. So I think it's not a good solution, I will talk to GL2 (the grf coder) of what to do, but it will take more time.

Another, a bit off thing:
How's the better? If the tram (yeah I'm working on a tram set too, sometimes I get the inspiration and the idea of drawing something new) is almost completely yellow, or if it's half white? And if the low-floor central section's roof is lowered or not? It's a very near future fictive tram, to know where to place in time.
Attachments
vili.png
vili.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 6488 times
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

half white + no lowering
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

You can use callback 15 to control refitted capacity(for example, to make passenger capacity the same as tourist capacity). There's an example in the NewGraphicsSpecs somewhere - though I can't find it at the moment... It's for trains, but it works the same for road vehicles.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by cmoiromain »

I was in Budapest for a week, and recognised some of these buses. That was excellent! Well done for the realism of this set =)
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

colossal404 wrote:Thanks, but üdvözlet means greeting :)
Google translators fault :)
colossal404 wrote:Another, a bit off thing:
How's the better? If the tram is almost completely yellow, or if it's half white? And if the low-floor central section's roof is lowered or not?
I go for the completely yellow. highlights the white part on the roof that is an eye candy (IMHO)... again WOW
I was in:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Sensation Lover wrote: Google translators fault :)
My strategy is to translate it back, and if I get the thing what I want to say, I will write that :)

And thanks to votes, but feel free to vote more and explain you opinion the things I brought up. :wink:

Ikarus Set 5.2 is released, largely wrong positioned sprite fixes and two changes.
Attachments
changes2.png
changes2.png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

On the first page. Ikarus version 5.2 is announced for downloading, but inside is version 5.1 :?

Anyway, great set. Thanks !!! :bow:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

It's a little bug, I forgot to write the title to 5.2, but it's the 5.2, sorry for that. :)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi!

First I'd like to say there is the Ikarus Set 5.3, only bugs fixed.

Second, I'd like to ask the professional coders.
I'm thinking about a hydraulic truck unloader (or whatever it called) as an animated station tile. So my question is how many sprites could be used for animating? I saw some animated cranes and forklifts in ISR, but these contains only a very few different sprites.
I don't want to start drawing until I get the correct informations about it, so there aren't any WIP's yet.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Triple post!

I started testing the truck set...
Attachments
A factory in the '80s
A factory in the '80s
test.png (45.67 KiB) Viewed 5909 times

Return to “Graphics Development”