Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Post by ISA »

colossal404 wrote:
ISA wrote:I saw a MAN truck with trailer and it hauled 15t of mail (amount what can be hauled without a trailer). Then there was a thought why 15t if it can be almost double like 25+t maybe.
I work as a truck driver IRL, so I say why not:
The mail as cargo is lighter compared to most other things, since it's unarranged, mostly envelopes and paper boxes, and those bags aren't stackable, you must have one "layer" of bags if you want the adress to get them in perfect condition :wink: This is why mail and goods are somewhat a special cargo, since it isn't a homogene cargo, they have various size and weight, and mostly individual destinations (which is partly available in OTTD with cargodist), and I think this is the reason why one crate of goods weight half ton. I'd prefer to call that unit "pallet", that would be closer to this weight unit (althought it would be still a heavy one, but I met a few heavier), but that's none of my business :roll:

And the main reason of why not is by I simply set one capacity for the vehicle and by that old way I coded it (GRFmaker) I can't change the capacity with refitting, OTTD doubles it for goods and mail :oops:
Yes sure Your points are valid... and I agree, but it seems we do stuff differently, various parts in Europe :)
I myself work in an airport... time to time I am also needed in the goods terminal (read: "Mail" - DHL, TNT, etc). As You pointed out there are envelopes and paper boxes (also wood, plastic), but in here it not seems to be a problem. As there are special kind of metal cage crates (I think sorted by destination) what are fully load with different size of boxes (by size - first bigger below, smaller above). When its full its loaded into the trucks trailer (trailers are not always 100% full of these of crates, but You may get the point).

My two words... what is going also a bit off topic.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

small report for Ikarus 6 (don t know if s very valuable knowing V7 is in the pipe...)

one view of that bus is "invisible"
Attachments
romazoon Transport, 19 Jun 1962.png
(198.59 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
romazoon Transport, 20 Jun 1962.png
edit. forgot the following screen where it appears again
(200.84 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hm, that's a strange one, because the bus behind it is the same type, yet visible...(BTW, the info window sprite is wrong, so that must be some ID messed up ingame, don't you add grfs to the running game?)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

colossal404 wrote:don't you add grfs to the running game?
screenshots comes from PL experimental server game, where Mczapkies, the admin, seems very cautious about that...i should ask him, but I m prety sure he havent changed those.
colossal404 wrote:because the bus behind it is the same type, yet visible...(
[quote="romazoon"]one view of that bus is "invisible"[/quote]

only one view is affected, it s when the vehicules is making the turn, so the vehicule position is like this: | , and driving from up to down the screen (at a crossing or a curve)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Oh, now I get it, I tought that it just joing down right
I think it's a very mispositioned sprite, so it's somewhere there, just not in the "box", the game doesn't drew it :lol:

Anyways, thanks for reporting, now we code the set even more attentively, you got very good eye to caught those little errors :roll:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

New trucks, loading stages and improved different looks for different cargoes... Can you guess the cargo being loaded and transported? :wink:
Is that brand known outside of Hungary too?
Attachments
Clipboard04.png
Clipboard04.png (27.74 KiB) Viewed 6652 times
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Are you secretly working for that company? :P
I'd be surprised if that brand was unknown outside Hungary, it's a German brand after all...

Very nice trucks! :)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Yeah I have no idea what that logo/look/company is, then again I'm from Canada
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Chiquita bananas? :?
SaltMacaroni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SaltMacaroni »

The brand is a Tchibo (coffee).
But unfortunately it is not good for the brand style. :cry:

What do you think would be a nice style on trucks, for example: coffee cargo? :?: Starbucks :mrgreen:

(I'm sorry for my English is bad!) :bow:
Image Drawer assistant & Coder

Donate: Hungarian GRF Maker Team
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If you don't intend to promote a particular brand, what about a generic looking cup of coffee?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

well done for the tchibo logo ! i showed it to my swiss friend and she recognised Tchibo without that i give her any hint

and about coffee cargo, imho the best would be to see a pile of "bags or sacks" at the back of trucks, like on those photos

-> https://www.google.ch/search?q=coffee+s ... d=0CB0QsAQ

-> https://www.google.ch/search?q=coffee+s ... d=0CCAQsAQ
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi all!

Nice Tchibo logo in that truck! I didn't know about that company, Im from southern Europe. I suppose that truck will be included in Hungarian Trucks 3 so i would like to put a improvement over the table:
That truck doestn seem to be transporting Eng Supplies, but Goods (cars) instead. Can be the cargo changed for next release of the set?
truck eng sup.png
(120.22 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

"Engineering supplies" represent a wide range of cargos, including machine parts and heavy vehicles, but it's not that far-fetched for it to also mean cars.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Eddi wrote:"Engineering supplies" represent a wide range of cargos, including machine parts and heavy vehicles, but it's not that far-fetched for it to also mean cars.
In a few sets "Engineering supplies" are represented by tractors. :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Is that a bug? Also when Raba S26 is transporting FIRS oil there is machinery (bulldozer) platform in the tow!

EDIT: it seems I am still using old set 0.3l.. there seems to be newer one Hungarian Truck Set 2.1... is this working if I replace the old one?
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (35.2 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Yup, it's a bug, the code is kinda messed up somehow...
It was coded in GRFMaker, a very old software, so not everything work as it should. We started to re-code it (again) in NML, but we got some complications (we cannot merge multiple .nml files to one), so the work halted, and that is the state where it is currently standing. I'd like to continue this set, I'm glad to see the current GRFs on screenshots... I think me might need help from some NML professional...

Sooooooooo... I wandered away a bit... The 2.1 is older then the 0.3l, they aren't compatible.
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi all!

I would report a series of bugs I have found using Hungarian Truck Set 2.1 and Hungarian Truck Set 3l. FIRS has been updated, so some cargos have changed, deleted or were included. The problem is these two road vehicles sets have the cargos of the trucks mismatching with FIRS set; here is a proof of what I am trying to explain:
Bundesministerium fur Verkehr, 2112-03-02.png
(148.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The trucks' cargo is alcohol despite the trailers are not "canvas" ones. At former sets of FIRS, cargos was bauxite for the Rába and coal for the Renault (if my memory do not fails).

These are two of the bugs I found, but there are many more.

Could you fix this, please? I find the sets excellent and using both sets in the games is essential in my opinion.
- Montana -
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi!

I totally forgot to reply to you Monty, sorry for that.
I know that the "old" truck set is buggy, a new version is already in progress since more than a year now... I'm not proud of myself for that...

...but today I got motivated by Andythenorth (thanks mate, long time no mood for grfs!), so I do a little coding of the already drawn vehicles, this is the result for now.
Download it, try it, report me any bugs you can find, give me feedback of anything got in your mind about this GRF!
Currently only 4 trucks
Currently only 4 trucks
s4.png (22.3 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
HTS.grf
"Hungarian Truck S4t" in the list
(153.22 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Return to “Graphics Development”