Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Post by NekoMaster »

Monty_Montana wrote:
The new set will support all cargos. You do not need the old and new sets because the new one will support the original vanilla industries/cargos, as well as FIRS and ECS.
Yeah, i know (FIRS include the default cargoes in some economies) but my question is: will the old vehicles be included in the new set?

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by old vehicles? Old as in old timey trucks and stuff (from like the 1920's for example) or old as in stuff from the previous set.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

I mean the vehicles in the old set, Hungarian Truck set 2.1, these:
Vehicles.JPG
Vehicles.JPG (26.2 KiB) Viewed 10251 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

STD wrote:Thanks for the update set, [...] It turns out to be really cool :D .
Thanks! :)
Monty_Montana wrote:[...]we have been using it in all the games of our server. [...]so i encourage you to going on with the good job, adapting the set to FIRS.
Thanks, I'm working on it, slowly, but still doing it.
could you give a new GRFID number to this new set?
I don't want to take another GRFID and I don't want to be the new versions uncompatible with the new ones, so I won't change it.
romazoon wrote:Hi Colossal, I ve spotted a "sprite bug", see screenies.
Nice spot, thanks! It's already fixed, will be in the next version.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Is such a glitch normal in turns? In my game only this turn looks weird other directions are manageable!
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (55.8 KiB) Viewed 9938 times
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Found an old GRF of yours, which unfortunately don't seem to work on today's OTTD. Is there any chance getting this nice-looking GRF re-coded? :)
Attachments
SmallCars.png
SmallCars.png (3.47 KiB) Viewed 9936 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

ISA wrote:Is such a glitch normal in turns? In my game only this turn looks weird other directions are manageable!
It shouldn't do that, it's positioned wrong, it's my bad... Thanks for pointing that out!
alluke wrote:Found an old GRF of yours, which unfortunately don't seem to work on today's OTTD. Is there any chance getting this nice-looking GRF re-coded? :)
I don't even know that anyone use(d) that grf :D
I recoded it, there it is:
autok_1w.GRF
(8.48 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
And last but not least I'm pleased that both of you use my grfs. Thank you! :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

colossal404 wrote:And last but not least I'm pleased that both of you use my grfs. Thank you! :)
No thank You!

Also... just saw that same vehicle makes same kind of turn in the right corner (upper picture) when heading down into station... So if You start to fix, look into that too! 8)
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

colossal404 wrote:I don't even know that anyone use(d) that grf :D

I recoded it, there it is:

Wow, that was fast! Thanks! :)
SaltMacaroni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SaltMacaroni »

Hey!

Colossal404 and me started to re-coded the Ikarus set in NML. There will be 4x zoom, but only in 8bpp.

2 GRF are planned, one of them would be the most popular types only, while the other has all prototypes and interesting models.

Sorry for my English is bad. :oops:

Until now this models are drawn.
Until now this models are drawn.
Busz_sor_03.24.png (118.38 KiB) Viewed 9777 times
Image Drawer assistant & Coder

Donate: Hungarian GRF Maker Team
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

SaltMacaroni wrote:Hey!

Colossal404 and me started to re-coded the Ikarus set in NML. There will be 4x zoom, but only in 8bpp.

2 GRF are planned, one of them would be the most popular types only, while the other has all prototypes and interesting models.

Sorry for my English is bad. :oops:

Busz_sor_03.24.png
Those buses look good :) I don't thing I've seen 8bpp extra zoom sprites before and I have to say that its rather interesting
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

The progress goes on the project, still hand drawn 4x zoom sprites! :D
What do you think about it? :wink:
...oh and a photo of the real one.
Attachments
Comparison to the 1x one
Comparison to the 1x one
991.png (2.47 KiB) Viewed 9541 times
And in it's natural habitat, on the streets :D
And in it's natural habitat, on the streets :D
99.png (47.97 KiB) Viewed 9541 times
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi all!

I would like to report a bug (?):

When I buy Man F90 +trailer FIRS, this message appears (attached image file); it has happened sometimes. Game never crashes; indeed, i think there is no further consequences apart from this message. I am using FIRS with FIRS economy setting.

By the way, thanks for uploading this set to Bananas. Your next project, Ikarus Set in NML looks really well! :D
Attachments
bug.PNG
(315.34 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi Monty!

Thanks for reporting it, I already saw that error message, but can't figure out why this happens with only that one vehicle :S
Anyway, the truck set is getting NML coding too, so I hope the new code won't have this error :wink:

And I'm happy to see my sets in action, I hope you guys have fun with them! :D
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Just wanted to report the problem described above... :)

One more thing... if time goes on some trucks go larger and have trailers, wouldn't i feasible to increase the amount of cargo they can haul? For now in 90's it seems they all haul the same amount (15t...)

Edit: corrected the sentence a bit...
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ISA wrote:One more thing... if time goes on some trucks go larger and have trailers, wouldn't i feasible to increase the amount of cargo they can haul? For now in 90's it seems they all haul the same amount (15t...)
Often government regulations limit how much can be carried. Many times there's just not a market for carrying more or larger parcels.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

As Kamnet said before, often the law regulations make capacity limit, not the trucks carrying capacity :?
BUT! There will be larger trucks in the future, but I said if a bunch of currently largest trucks doesn't enough, it's time to replace road service with trains or industrial trams :wink:

(note: remember, articulated trucks have double as much capacity as shown in the purchase menu)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

kamnet wrote:
ISA wrote:One more thing... if time goes on some trucks go larger and have trailers, wouldn't i feasible to increase the amount of cargo they can haul? For now in 90's it seems they all haul the same amount (15t...)
Often government regulations limit how much can be carried. Many times there's just not a market for carrying more or larger parcels.
I understand that and I like that regulation in game too, but... why I post it? I saw a MAN truck (if I remember correctly, cant run game atm) with trailer and it hauled 15t of mail (amount what can be hauled without a trailer). Then there was a thought why 15t if it can be almost double like 25+t maybe. I'm not talking about those long trailers I speaking those what are articulated in the middle.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

ISA wrote:I saw a MAN truck with trailer and it hauled 15t of mail (amount what can be hauled without a trailer). Then there was a thought why 15t if it can be almost double like 25+t maybe.
I work as a truck driver IRL, so I say why not:
The mail as cargo is lighter compared to most other things, since it's unarranged, mostly envelopes and paper boxes, and those bags aren't stackable, you must have one "layer" of bags if you want the adress to get them in perfect condition :wink: This is why mail and goods are somewhat a special cargo, since it isn't a homogene cargo, they have various size and weight, and mostly individual destinations (which is partly available in OTTD with cargodist), and I think this is the reason why one crate of goods weight half ton. I'd prefer to call that unit "pallet", that would be closer to this weight unit (althought it would be still a heavy one, but I met a few heavier), but that's none of my business :roll:

And the main reason of why not is by I simply set one capacity for the vehicle and by that old way I coded it (GRFmaker) I can't change the capacity with refitting, OTTD doubles it for goods and mail :oops:

...oh, I'm getting a bit off topic, compiling verrrrrrry long sentences, enough internet for now :wink:
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Man F90 +trailer bug mentioned above, probably can be avoided by defining appropriate purchase_cargo_capacity in graphic section (such bug occurs, if you want to define 0 capacity for tractor unit and non-zero capacity for trailer using position_in_consist switch).

If speaking about cargo capacity - openttd multipliers are properly set in terms of capacity of the same volume (wagon box, aircraft deck, ship hold). But in case of road vehicles, in my opinion, it is fair to calculate cargo capacity in terms of maximal load weight, for the following reasons:
1 - slopes: if truck can be refitted to many kinds of cargo, it should have similar mass regardless of cargo type
2 - gameplay: lightweight cargo road transport would be preferred due to increased capacity in comparison to bulk one - it gives interesting impact on game diversity (usually trains are the best for all freight type, lightweight cargo handicap is not bad idea IMHO)
3 - real semitrailers always try to haul maximal weight of the given cargo, please note - hoppers are short, tanks medium and box carriers looong.

For example, in my road set, I'm using maxload_##STTN_Name##_switch defined here:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pol ... fSTTN.pnml (param_load_multiplier is by default =2)
Of course the drawback is, that some cargo types are omitted (normal openttd rules apply then), but it is defined as a macro therefore I can fix it.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.

Return to “Graphics Development”