Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Post by colossal404 »

andythenorth wrote:Just use the appropriate cargo labels as you normally would
Currently I don't use cargo labels, I just have separate vehicle data for default cargos and for FIRS (and soon for ECS). So the grf currently not check for the cargo name, the vehicles only look for cargo ID.
I choose this way for the easier coding, I will look for a solution to detect the cargo scheme in FIRS :wink:
alluke wrote:Nice work, I like it, but:

Sisu has too much power, it should have 440 hp Cummins. I also suggest you give it support for other liquid and bulk cargos.

The Raba, Renault, and Kamaz 5410 need more weight.

Renault is too fast, I'd drop its speed to 80-90 km/h.

The Sisu looks also way too small compared to MAN F90. They're similar trucks from same era, and should be about same sized. IRL the Sisu is about 10 meters long, and MAN about 8-9 meters.
Thanks!

I don't know much technical data about this truck, I just see one of this type not far away from our house, so the power will be corrected to 440 hp.
And I don't want give every truck ability to transport everything, this just force the player a bit to use more type of trucks.

As I wrote about their capacity, the weight value is ~halved, so look at the weight in the purchased vehicle's window, there should be correct.

There may be some scale difference between trucks, they are drawn at different time with different style (older ones are more than 2 years old now!). It will be fixed.
Valle wrote: So much power that they reach a full speed they aren't allowed to reach in any European country, so you have to limit their speed using the timetable? Doesn't that sound a little bit wrong? :? Loaded trucks naturally cannot hit their empty top speed unless they go downhill. I would recommend a realistic speed limit here, perhaps set by a parameter, which would allow adjusting from 80 to 90 to 100 or to the technically possible "cheat" speeds.
So should I limit all trucks to 80 km/h max speed? I know 125 km/h isn't allowed in most of the countries in Europe, but please, this is just a game! So then... ah, nevermind... I will limit everything to 80 to make everyone happy about this.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

colossal404 wrote: So should I limit all trucks to 80 km/h max speed? I know 125 km/h isn't allowed in most of the countries in Europe, but please, this is just a game! So then... ah, nevermind... I will limit everything to 80 to make everyone happy about this.
Set a parameter if possible and make everyone happy including yourself. :) But hey, in the end it's just a detail in a really nice set. It's your set and most of all you must be happy with it.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

colossal404 wrote:Thanks!

I don't know much technical data about this truck, I just see one of this type not far away from our house, so the power will be corrected to 440 hp.
And I don't want give every truck ability to transport everything, this just force the player a bit to use more type of trucks.
I see those trucks nearly every day, transporting sand and rocks from construction sites. I think dump trucks should be able to transport nearly everything, except grain or too fine material like limestone.

Same with liquids, you can pour nearly anything into tanks.

If you need info about some trucks, don't be afraid to ask, I'll be glad to help. :)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

colossal404 wrote:Currently I don't use cargo labels...I choose this way for the easier coding, I will look for a solution to detect the cargo scheme in FIRS :wink:
Labels are the way to easier coding :) Just set up a cargo translation table (there are lots available from other sets), and then reference the positions in that. Cargo IDs may change, leaving you with a maintenance headache.
So should I limit all trucks to 80 km/h max speed? I know 125 km/h isn't allowed in most of the countries in Europe, but please, this is just a game! So then... ah, nevermind... I will limit everything to 80 to make everyone happy about this.
Make the speeds you want to play with. If other people disagree, let them code their own truck set. Pleasing the 'community' is significantly over-rated.
And I don't want give every truck ability to transport everything.
I am +1 to that.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hi Colossal404,

i spotted a misalignment with a trailer (the wheels of the trailer seems a tad higher than the 6 front wheels :
Jamaica National Transport, 28 Jul 1980.png
(121.07 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
and btw, nice work with the new trucks ;)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi Roma, thanks for pointing that out! In the next version, this will be fixed.

And thanks, I'm happy to see someone using my vehicles. :D
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

I m glad i could help ;)

With Ikarus and your Hungarian trucks you are in all my game ;)
Jamaica National Transport, 18 Aoû 1987.png
Jamaica National Transport, 18 Aoû 1987.png (437.16 KiB) Viewed 10638 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi guys!

I've benn working on the truck set, there's the result:
Kamaz 5511 unloading feature!
Kamaz 5511 unloading feature!
unload.png (63.64 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
Currently only the 5511 has this feature, the other trucks dont.

Try it out, then write a comment about it, do you like this feature or am I wasting time with it?

Thanks!
n_tesztl(1)w.GRF
Hungarian Truck Set 3i
(369.93 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

It looks cool, adds a touch of realism aside fromt he fact they're just dumping the cargo on the ground. So long as they dont dump while they're loading thats good.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

NekoMaster wrote:It looks cool, adds a touch of realism aside fromt he fact they're just dumping the cargo on the ground.
You could use them in original not drive-thru stops, then if you place them in front of a nice ISR or DWE industrial tile it could look much more realistic :wink: But it's just OTTD, a game which is largely only functional, not realistic.
So long as they dont dump while they're loading thats good.
We try to figure out how to code that, but unfortunately there may be some bugs with it :S
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i think the proper data for that is "VF_CARGO_UNLOADING", but i don't see that exposed to newgrfs.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I haven't tried in the game this test set, but on the screenshots it looks very nice this new function - show of loading and unloading of cargo. Beautifully :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

More trucks, even a very early one:
Attachments
thr.PNG
thr.PNG (5.33 KiB) Viewed 9923 times
n_tesztl(1)w.GRF
Hungarian Truck Set 0.3l
(578.73 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Thanks for the update set, colossal404 :bow: . I use a set this together with FIRS. It turns out to be really cool :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi; I'm new at tt-forums, and the first thing I want to say is " thanks for this set (GRF), and all the sets the developers make, including the game itself, " that allow people have a better playing experience.

I must say that since we discovered your set, "Hungarian Trucks", we have been using it in all the games of our server. I'm really impressed how did you do for making that "digital" models so similar to real ones (My favourites are Renault Magnum ones :D , others are marks less known in my country, not East Europe). I have seen that test version, and watching trailer graphics for each cargo is a big pleasure. Even the dump function that you show us above is amazing, so i encourage you to going on with the good job, adapting the set to FIRS.

So here's the matter of this comment:

I have a question/petition for this set: could you give a new GRFID number to this new set?
I mean, a new GRF number that allows playing both sets in the same game, version 2.1 along with 3i. Despite 2.1 dont support FIRS, we use it for default cargoes, with other sets for no default ones, but playing with 3i would be the best option.

Thanks in advance, Monty.

PS: here i show you one example of your trucks on our server. :lol:
screenshot_1.png
(323.47 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
screenshot_2.png
(318.65 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Monty_Montana wrote: I have a question/petition for this set: could you give a new GRFID number to this new set?
I mean, a new GRF number that allows playing both sets in the same game, version 2.1 along with 3i. Despite 2.1 dont support FIRS, we use it for default cargoes, with other sets for no default ones, but playing with 3i would be the best option.
That request does not make sense. The vehicles can easily be made support all cargoes for all possible industries.
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

So... in this case, the best option were include the old vehicles in the new set and change their cargoes?
Well, even if you dont adapt the new trucks to FIRS, could you include all the all trucks in the new set?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Monty_Montana wrote:So... in this case, the best option were include the old vehicles in the new set and change their cargoes?
Well, even if you dont adapt the new trucks to FIRS, could you include all the all trucks in the new set?
The new set will support all cargos. You do not need the old and new sets because the new one will support the original vanilla industries/cargos, as well as FIRS and ECS.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi Colossal, I ve spotted a "sprite bug", see screenies.

this box truck become a tanker truck while loading/unloading, (at least on one view)
Attachments
Marnham Transport, 30 Oct 1977.png
(106.12 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Marnham Transport, 3 Jan 1978#1.png
(121.82 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

The new set will support all cargos. You do not need the old and new sets because the new one will support the original vanilla industries/cargos, as well as FIRS and ECS.
Yeah, i know (FIRS include the default cargoes in some economies) but my question is: will the old vehicles be included in the new set?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Graphics Development”