Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Post by planetmaker »

colossal404 wrote: Not the drawings are the problem, I/we have problems with the coding, only the ECS or only the FIRS wouldn't be problem, but we can't figure out the proper way of how to detect the exact cargo which the truck refitted to, and show proper graphics.
Uh... like this maybe?

Note, that same cargo label = same cargo. In principle. If you believe differently, you should (also) check for the FIRS / ECS / whatever grfID and display different sprites according to that.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

colossal404 wrote:Nope, only company colours, too much plus drawing and coding for standard colours.
What a shame. :evil:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Ikarus set progress halted again, so there is the current test grf for anyone who want to test it.
Has no parameters, only company coloured buses are in it. Running costs aren't balanced and the list is a complete mess, it will be re-worked when all of the buses are coded (classic serie and the very early ones are still missing). If any other bug or glitch is discovered, please report it here! Thanks! :)
Attachments
TESTFILEw.GRF
(478.52 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Try looking at how other sets handle different industry sets/cargos. Maybe hit up the guyt hat made GRVTS/eGRVTS, Im sure they would know something about cargo support.

When I was doing some stuff in grfmaker I just used cargo labels to provide support for FIRS and ECS.

Default sprites for every cargo was something generic, like covered with a tarp, or just generic looking crates/containers, or generic bulk goods. This way for things you havent drawn or can't support, they wont look too out of place.

For certain cargos like Iron or Coal I'd draw up graphics for those and tell the grf to use those graphics for those cargos.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

colossal404 wrote:Ikarus set progress halted again, so there is the current test grf for anyone who want to test it.
Has no parameters, only company coloured buses are in it. Running costs aren't balanced and the list is a complete mess, it will be re-worked when all of the buses are coded (classic serie and the very early ones are still missing). If any other bug or glitch is discovered, please report it here! Thanks! :)
It will be interesting to see the release of this set. Test downloaded already. Much more buses than it was. Someday I will try to use the game :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

uhmmm could you please update the bananas version as well? Best testing is done on servers :)
ImageImageImage
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

V453000 :) wrote:uhmmm could you please update the bananas version as well? Best testing is done on servers :)
Yup, done.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

colossal404 wrote:Hi guys!

I haven't been posting anything playable there for a long time, so it's time to do that! :)

A friend of mine, SosMakaroni repainted the TW6000 (drawn by me for the tram set, but not released yet) for a few more liveries and code it in a separate grf. This came out pretty good, and we think this should be released, at least for testing. If any bug or glitch is found, please report it there!
Hi, I know it's late and all but I'd like to let you know that that these trams were used in the Hague by the HTM for a few years as well. Here you can see that they came from Hannover in green and were repainted in the HTM livery; two trams were painted in the Houten livery. (http://www.haagstramnieuws.org/thema9.htm)
I'd be great if this one would be done sometime, because they aren't included in the Dutch tram set. I tried using the company colours, but I can't reproduce it because it only uses one livery. If I can help out somehow please let me know. :)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Some progress has been made on the truck set, so I post the grf there to test it.
The grf now has all climates, ECS and FIRS support, but not fully tested. The truck grf must placed under FIRS or ECS grf(s) to work correctly, please keep that in mind. If any other error found, please report it there! Thanks!
Attachments
n_tesztlw.GRF
Hungarian Treuck Set 3a
(119 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

For some reason I get only two trucks, or is that intended? Anyway, one thing that catches my eye, is that the Kamaz 5320 carries paper on open bed. IMO the bed should be covered to keep the paper clean and dry.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Yup, currently there's only two trucks in it, it's a test grf just to test the industry set detect mechanism.

And I want to get most cargoes visible, it adds some fun for gameplay. Sometimes it not like in real life, but never rains in OTTD, so the paper keep dry on open flatbeds :)
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

colossal404 wrote:Yup, currently there's only two trucks in it, it's a test grf just to test the industry set detect mechanism.

And I want to get most cargoes visible, it adds some fun for gameplay. Sometimes it not like in real life, but never rains in OTTD, so the paper keep dry on open flatbeds :)
Do you also play with builtin trains to make all cargos visible on an open bed or do you mainly play Toyland? :P

I like your trucks a lot, but I think they would be even better when their cargo compartments are closed while running, but open while loading/unloading. Regarding the visual differentiation: You wouldn't even have to give that up. For different cargoes transported in the same type of trailer you could use different livery schemes, so they could remain distinguishable while preserving realism. For example, you could try to use a picture of a paper roll or a logo of a large paper manufacturer such as UPM, Sappi, Norske Skog or Stora Enso on a slide tarpaulin when a truck is refitted to paper. ;)
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

I couldn't stop myself from experimenting with my favourite vehicle set :lol:

The Ikarus 412 from the older version of the Ikarus set somehow had an insane top speed although the menu claimed it's max speed as 90 km/h :roll:

I flattened a 2x2000 peice of land, laid out a road on one side and a railway on the other, and released my fastest real-world based train the TranceRapid maglev on it.
the Ikarus started off slow but eventually caught up and would have passed the maglev if it wasn't for the end of the line. In the end, the Ikarus 412 did 511 km/h 8o

I'm glad the new version 6 fixed up that bug, and even nicer graphics too....

http://i42.tinypic.com/vu7ps.png
Last edited by Chrill on 03 Jul 2013 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited image to URL. Table break
Tschüß!
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hans Kruzer wrote: The Ikarus 412 from the older version of the Ikarus set somehow had an insane top speed
Yes, thats a known issue, already fixed in the new version. And thaw was an useful bug :lol:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi again!

I get down to work again and work on the truck set to code the drawings which already done, so there's the new test version. It contains 7 trucks with all default climate and FIRS default economy support (I not yet figured out how to detect FIRS's parameters to add proper graphics) so there may be some bugs with other FIRS economics.
If any bugs or glitches found, please report it here!
A known bug: somehow, the articulated vehicles' capacity is not displayed correctly, it is only the half of it, please keep that in mind when purchasing new vehicles! :wink:

So, enough speak, there's the grf!
Attachments
Current trucks
Current trucks
traucks.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 5858 times
n_tesztl(1)w.GRF
Hungarian Truck Set 3f
(351.05 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

colossal404 wrote: not yet figured out how to detect FIRS's parameters to add proper graphics) so there may be some bugs with other FIRS economics
You shouldn't need to detect anything :) Just use the appropriate cargo labels as you normally would. http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... tml#cargos
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

andythenorth wrote:
colossal404 wrote: not yet figured out how to detect FIRS's parameters to add proper graphics) so there may be some bugs with other FIRS economics
You shouldn't need to detect anything :) Just use the appropriate cargo labels as you normally would. http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... tml#cargos
This link should be better http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/CargoTypes

andy, in case wiki does not have all the labels, represented by your link, you should fix the wiki
Image Image Image Image
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Nice work, I like it, but:

Sisu has too much power, it should have 440 hp Cummins. I also suggest you give it support for other liquid and bulk cargos.

The Raba, Renault, and Kamaz 5410 need more weight.

Renault is too fast, I'd drop its speed to 80-90 km/h.

The Sisu looks also way too small compared to MAN F90. They're similar trucks from same era, and should be about same sized. IRL the Sisu is about 10 meters long, and MAN about 8-9 meters.
Attachments
sisuvsman.jpg
sisuvsman.jpg (71.9 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

alluke wrote:Nice work, I like it, but:

Sisu has too much power, it should have 440 hp Cummins. I also suggest you give it support for other liquid and bulk cargos.
The set was coded with more power then the trucks really have so they can reach their full speed in OpenTTD.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

NekoMaster wrote:
alluke wrote:Nice work, I like it, but:

The set was coded with more power then the trucks really have so they can reach their full speed in OpenTTD.
So much power that they reach a full speed they aren't allowed to reach in any European country, so you have to limit their speed using the timetable? Doesn't that sound a little bit wrong? :? Loaded trucks naturally cannot hit their empty top speed unless they go downhill. I would recommend a realistic speed limit here, perhaps set by a parameter, which would allow adjusting from 80 to 90 to 100 or to the technically possible "cheat" speeds.

Return to “Graphics Development”