Swedish Houses [Version 1.1 released 06/06/10]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Swedish Houses [Version 1.1 released 06/06/10]

Post by Irwe »

Hello again after.. a long while! My TTD sprites drawing interests have not been present for a long while since well I just havn't had time nor the energy to draw sprites but recently I started playing some OpenTTD and guess what.. I NOW HAVE!

Playing around with the Swe houses and other new grfs made me eager to continue on this set! :] After christmas I'll probably have some more time again to draw sprites for this game and I might just do so. I think I'll mainly focus on this set again adding new buildings and maybe correcting some buildings but I'll also continue on my other projects such as the Swe road vehicles and Swe infrastructure (just the rails at the moment). So expect some new stuff coming up soon!
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

:shock: Superlative! :bow:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Thanks for continuation, it is one of the best newgrfs!
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

As I promised I'll continue working on this set after christmas. Here is the progress on the Shops & Flats (landshövdingehus). No corners are done yet but they'll come soon enough.
Attachments
Shops & Flats.png
Shops & Flats.png (137.46 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Quick question... It seems this set makes its own bank, but the banks doesnt produce any valuables I can move... At the same time, the default banks are popping up here and there and does make valuables that can be moved...

Swedish Houses Banks in 2 cities. Stations said they would supply and accept valuables. Built stations and trains, but couldnt move the valuables, since they never arrived on the stations...

Known issue or did I do something wrong with parameters etc?
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

I found an annoying feature: There are no big city houses before 1930, making city centrums empty in the early years.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

alluke wrote:I found an annoying feature: There are no big city houses before 1930, making city centrums empty in the early years.
The problem likely is as follows:

Many default houses are introduced in 1930, sufficient to provide houses for each town zone.
In order to be able to provide houses also at earlier times, the houses with the earliest introduction date are considered availlable from day 0. Normally these will be the default houses introduced in 1930. Now, if a NewGRF introduces one (or more) houses at an earlier date than 1930, then these will be the houses with the earliest introduction date. If these houses do not cover houses for all town zones, the game will not be able to place houses in those town zones where none are defined.

Easiest solution here probably: make the minimum introduction date for all houses 1930. Or reconsider all houses and make sure there's a complete set of houses which all have a joint earliest introduction date.
pixar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pixar »

It would be cool to see a parameter to be able to use houses from a specific era only!
as
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by as »

Hi, I'm still alive despite the long silence on the forums...

Anyway, I just uploaded new 1.1.2 version of the grf to BaNaNaS. The only change is that all houses now use long format introduction dates which should fix the issue with some of the houses not appearing before year 1930.
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Well long time no see I guess is the right thing to say. I havn't posted here in a while but I always wanted to go back and continue drawing for this set. I recently started playing OpenTTD again and felt that these houses need some more love. I therefore have decided that I should give this another try and start drawing again. Progress will probably be a bit slow since I dont have as much time anymore as I use to have.

Anyway my plans for this set at the moment is to update some of my old houses since I feel that some of the ones I drew at the begining don't have the same quality as the ones I drew in the end. I also want to add even more variety to already existing houses. Also some new types of houses would be nice such as townhalls, schools, libraries and maybe even different Swedish landmarks.

Back in the day I didnt have any knowledge on how to code for the game and unfortunately I still dont so getting the sprites into the game as a newgrf might be something I need help with but that is a future problem. Anyway as for now I'm happy to be back and once again be a part of this community!
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Irwe wrote:Well long time no see I guess is the right thing to say. I havn't posted here in a while but I always wanted to go back and continue drawing for this set. I recently started playing OpenTTD again and felt that these houses need some more love. I therefore have decided that I should give this another try and start drawing again. Progress will probably be a bit slow since I dont have as much time anymore as I use to have.

Anyway my plans for this set at the moment is to update some of my old houses since I feel that some of the ones I drew at the begining don't have the same quality as the ones I drew in the end. I also want to add even more variety to already existing houses. Also some new types of houses would be nice such as townhalls, schools, libraries and maybe even different Swedish landmarks.

Back in the day I didnt have any knowledge on how to code for the game and unfortunately I still dont so getting the sprites into the game as a newgrf might be something I need help with but that is a future problem. Anyway as for now I'm happy to be back and once again be a part of this community!
Great news! Glad to have you back.

I recently posted the graphics to my TARS Town Set - I don't have the time to make it into a full set any more. If you want to use any graphics/inspiration then go ahead!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

SwissFan91 wrote:Great news! Glad to have you back.

I recently posted the graphics to my TARS Town Set - I don't have the time to make it into a full set any more. If you want to use any graphics/inspiration then go ahead!
Thanks SwizzFan91!

As promised here is some update. I decided that this set needs more houses seen on the Swedish countryside and more houses seen around years 1900-1950. These two cottages represent my general idea. They take insipration from countryside houses seen in south of Sweden.
Attachments
cottage.png
cottage.png (9.45 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Gorgeous!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well this makes me happy. I'd be happy to help find inspiration. Irwe, if you are on Facebook, I'd recommend checking out one the group "Det gamla Stockholm" for some inspiration. People post photos of Stockholm from way back when. Might not be helpful in terms of "I can draw based on this", but would probably help inspire you to create some items of your own.

To your list, I'd love to see some parks or statues or the like.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Chrill wrote:Well this makes me happy. I'd be happy to help find inspiration. Irwe, if you are on Facebook, I'd recommend checking out one the group "Det gamla Stockholm" for some inspiration. People post photos of Stockholm from way back when. Might not be helpful in terms of "I can draw based on this", but would probably help inspire you to create some items of your own.

To your list, I'd love to see some parks or statues or the like.
That looks to be a great source of inspiration! It's always hard to find good sources on old buildings but this is great! Yes more parks and statues is defenitly on the "to do list".
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Happy too see that you are inspired to continue work on the Swedish Houses set! It's a great piece of art :)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Well as promised I'm slowly working on this set again. Here is a small preview on what to come. I'm only not just adding new buildings but I'm also going back and updating some old ones I find lacking in quality. The modern hospital was given a small update and I'm also redoing some of the old town houses. Expect a lot more variation form them aswell :)
Attachments
new.png
new.png (32.45 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Good work!
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

arikover wrote:Good work!
Thank you! I'm starting to enjoy the way the buildings look together.
Attachments
street.png
street.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice!
Greetings, S-Transport